Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 July 2018 at 11:44AM
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    My courgette plants are covered in big yellow blooms and tiny courgettes are forming!

Gratitudes
    Whoever invented anti-histamines - I salute you!

My courgettes too :j. I'm hoping too they are ready before or after we are back from holiday. Might ask our neighbour to water our plants anyway and keep an eye out.

Luckily my hay fever has died down again :) but DD still gets anti histamines for her itchy eyes. They are a blessing (the drops not the eyes).

Not sure where I stand on SFDs, hope today will be one. Will need to do a big(ish) shop on the weekend.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I pressed the wrong button and it ate my post.

Short version. Spendy day yesterday, needed a taxi to get to my therapist appointment and caught the little bus back to the bus station.
    Therapy was good. I was able to report big improvements in sleeping, exercise and eaing well and am going to use the next 2 weeks to build up routines with emergency back ups.

Walked round the shopping centre for over an hour, buying things will not fix what is wrong but the air conditioned shops meant I walked for much longer than I could have managed on the streets and picked up ys sandwiches on the way home.

Today I am going to sort mum's yard. She has some edging strips and rocks which were going to be used around the grass at the front but has changed her mind. They are still all laid out on the plastic sheets where we painted / scrubbed them so will move them behind the shed. May have a go at the shed - bought a pack of big hooks ages ago to hanf up the garden chairs (it's a tiny shed).

Grateful for my therapist, for feeling better (taken a lot of work) for doing one or two tiny jobs even on my worst days, for the sunshine - do love it, just wish it didn't make me so ill, for my sun based eczema not being as bad as someone else's.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    • NSDs - 2
    • Remember others - DD to charity gone out.
    • Pay to your debts or savings FIRST - DONE £60 OP to BTL
    • Set budgets. Food 47.96/475. Fuel 0/65 Gifts 13/30 Toiletries 0/10 Cleaning 1.75/10 DD uni stuff 10/50 Clothes 0/100 Social 16.50/75
    • Use things up Ongoing. Lots of YS items from freezer used last night for dinner and made a veggie curry for dinner tonight from odds and ends in freezer and tired bits in fridge :T
      )
    • Revisit targets you set back in January. -
      Done. [/COLOR]
    • Vacation time No idea whether we're going on hol in Oct (not booking until after A level results) and no real plans made for summer hols with the kids - must get thinking cap on!
    • Inspire others -
    • Value for money -spends yesterday were an airer for DD, a new washbasket for the boys' bathroom (old one was literally falling to pieces) and a tester pot of paint for the kitchen. All needed and good prices on airer and washbasket
    • Every day - here :) Am thankful for the weather (again), lots of line dried washing, seeing good friends last night (here, no cost), DS1 getting an interview for next week for a Summer job, DD & DS1 helping me with household tasks

• Jump - Short walk yesterday but lots of housework and shifting bits about.
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. - yep. Persuaded OH yesterday that we did not need to go to C0sta and could wait 10 mins until we got home!
    • Lose the excess. Some more clothing items to ragging. Some items of DD's boxed up for selling at NNS.
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing / any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time - will make a list of people with bdays and those I need to get Xmas presents for and make a start, even if it is putting money aside.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Kerry Woman - hugs for you and your friend x

mummylewis - hope the willpower to resist the Sale is holding! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    No spend day so far. It was a close call though.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys
    Another NSD for me making it 4 so far.
    I walked the long route into the CS this morning and did an extra shift. It was a very tempting day with loads of lovely things to buy but I didn’t give in.
    I’m grateful that’s it’s a bit cooler today and for the lovely people I met in the shop.
    Oh and for the smell of the lamb korma in the slow cooker. I hope it tastes as good as it smells.
    I hope everyone is doing ok
    TTFN
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today was better. Finally left the house and walked to the shops. Just a few spends. The half price scones weren't really needed but they were good. Bought our weekly war cry from the Salvation Army man at the shopping centre. I'm not at all religious but they do such good work.
    Himself's birthday tomorrow. All presents wrapped and card written. I offered to take him for lunch to the local pub but I think he wants to watch the football.
    Not much to report on the tidying front. I have plans. It's just putting them into action that's proving difficult. Really can't find he motivation!!!
    Oh well, Friday. Have a good weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Omg7kdebt
    Omg7kdebt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hello y'all

Well today was not a NSD but I'm still quite pleased. Knew I was going to pub to say goodbye to a couple of colleagues and budgeted 10 pounds - made a pint of diet coke last me 90 minutes then made my excuses when people started to order food. I really wanted to stay and eat burger and chips but well.. *delighted* with spending my 2.80.

Even better, I found some old holiday money last night whilst cleaning out a drawer. Have no plans to return to Prague for a while so cashed it in for a princely 12.51. :)

This weekend I'm going to try and do some exercise and enjoy my garden. Both days can be NSD for me if I stick close to home.
    Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend on the cards too.
    Sealed pot challenge #051

Attempting to pay down 7k debt before 2019.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greent- Thank you.
    NSD 5/20 Was a spend day. Was really careful with spending today.
    Made cash donations to 2 charities. Also entered a charity 5k run, but I will be walking it. They said it was fine for me to walk it.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into this.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Had dinner round friend's again.
    Achieved some household chores when got back home.
    Having a good night sleep.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Walked from school to bus stop also walking around school doing errands today.
    Unless - Not needed today.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to take items to cs.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Day 6 update:
    Budgets - £200 food/other spends and £100 social spends - £25.04 social spends
    Use things up - read a library book
    Check in everyday - 6/31
    Jump - walked to the library and back
    Social - visited soft play with the little one
    Add to my EF - £3.50 added
    Read as many books as possible - 1 book in progress, 1 book completed
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure