IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help. Breastfeeding parking fine

Options

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Just go through the motions. If they don't withdraw, you run the equality act argument in the court proceedings and make sure you keep your good evidence that you were indeed breastfeeding.

Search for other breastfeeding threads. There were two recently - one in which the baby was over 6 months old so the EA didn't apply, and another with a younger baby on which I posted links to a good website about breastfeeding rights which I had found which I thought might want to help. Do a search on the forum to see if you can find it (if you can't you can search my posts but it was a good 2/3 weeks ago). And mumsnet is a good resource for this sort of thing - if you are not a member it's easy to sign up. I can't say that they will advise you well about the pcn, but they may have good advice about the EA aspect.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Britannia in all reality don’t ‘do court’.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Britannia_Parking_Group.html

So I’d fire off your EA 2010 breastfeeding complaint (threat) to the retailer that contracted with Britannia (likely the major retailer on site, but it could be a Managing Agent - do your homework!), threatening to sue them under the Act for not providing a ‘reasonable adjustment’ (extra time would be an obvious one for breastfeeding).

Tell them that you will hold them jointly and severally liable for the actions of their agents (Britannia), for which the minimum remedy is damages of £500.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Rmac84
    Rmac84 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    How can I share photos of the signage for your thoughts? I've uploaded to a site and have link but won't let me post.

The sign on entry states it's Camera Controlled pay on arrival and private land. At the bottom it says Managed by Britannia, so they aren't likely to be the landowner.

The signs at the pay machines have the £100, it is in larger font and in box of white against a dark background.

The car park isn't linked to any shops, it's just on the Quay. Id have to try and find out who owns the land.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Post the link disguised. Eg hxxp instead of http

Someone will then post it as a live link for you
  • Rmac84
    Options
    Ttps://imgur.com/a/yha9d
  • Rmac84
    Options
    New link to more/all photos ttps://imgur.com/a/DOQ33
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    Options
    How are you getting on with your POPLA appeal draft. You’ve been away from the forum for 17 days and your POPLA deadline must be approaching.

On a quick scan, there doesn’t seem too much wrong with the signs, but you could state that the tiny block of print at the foot of each sign is impossible to read, bringing ambiguity and uncertainty of terms for the formation of a binding contract. That where there is ambiguity/uncertainty in a contract, contra proferentem (ambiguity should not work in favour of those who drafted the contract) should apply.

But there are other points you need to raise at POPLA, as given to you by Redx above.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    That where there is ambiguity/uncertainty in a contract, contra proferentem (ambiguity should not work in favour of those who drafted the contract) should apply.
    ...and that is reinforced by Section 69 of The Consumer Rights Act 2015:
    69 Contract terms that may have different meanings

(1) If a term in a consumer contract, or a consumer notice, could have different meanings, the meaning that is most favourable to the consumer is to prevail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure