Collect plus have lost my parcel and i have no proof of postage - can i do anything?

Options
I returned clothes totalling £220 from a well known website via collect plus 3 weeks ago and they haven't been received back. I have stupidly lost my receipt (i was having a clearout of old paperwork and i think it got thrown away). Is there anything i can do or don't i have a leg to stand on? I did pay on my credit card so would i be able to claim from them if the clothes website won't refund me? I am kicking myself for losing the receipt as i really can't afford to lose that much money.

Comments

• NewStudent
    Options
    If you give them your email address that might bring it up on the Collectplus system.
  • Collect+_representative
    Collect+_representative Posts: 10 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I returned clothes totalling £220 from a well known website via collect plus 3 weeks ago and they haven't been received back. I have stupidly lost my receipt (i was having a clearout of old paperwork and i think it got thrown away). Is there anything i can do or don't i have a leg to stand on? I did pay on my credit card so would i be able to claim from them if the clothes website won't refund me? I am kicking myself for losing the receipt as i really can't afford to lose that much money.

Hi,

Please can you email paulg@collectplus.co.uk with your full name, telephone number, date/time and shop you sent the return from.

I will look into this for you!

Thanks -

Paul
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Collect+. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • headcrash27
    Options
    Hi,

Please can you email paulg@collectplus.co.uk with your full name, telephone number, date/time and shop you sent the return from.

I will look into this for you!

Thanks -

Paul

Thanks for your offer of help, however i checked online this morning and the return is now showing as 'received' on their website so no need to panic after all.
    Options
    Great, let me know if you have any other problems!
    I am the official company representative of Collect+. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TimmyM
    TimmyM Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all i am having alot of problems with Collect Plus and my parcel i sent a parcel from one of the local store on 4th oct and got proof of postage.
    now that tracking show they picked it up a day late and it shows being at the vauxhall depot but never leaving the strange think is that they tracker shows delivered.
    so i gave the company a call to whom i was sending it to and they said they didnt have it after 5days so i went ahead and gave collect a call i spoke to a lady who tracked my parcel and said it was in hatfield and she dont know why.
    so she was going to get them to pick it up and deliver it again but yet again nothing has happend so i am banging my head off a wall
    any advice would be great
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know everything turned out ok, but surely you got an email with the label, so you could have got details there.

I use Collect+ for posting ebay items, so have to log on their website to pay for and download the label.
  • Fabel
    Options
    I have also tried to return a parcel of clothes to ASOS which hasn't been received via a collect plus store and have lost my receipt but know the date and store I sent the parcel back. Is there anyway I could locate the parcel without the receipt? Or could I go into the collection point and see if they have any record of parcels sent? PLEASE HELP.
  • In_a_mess
    Options
    I have also been having major problems with Collectplus. They lost a parcel and it has taken me a month to actually get someone to send me a claim form. They fob you off over the phone, ignore all e-mails you send (despite getting a read receipt for them all) they are generally unreliable. I am putting a claim in but who knows how long that will take (months probably). I am now in a position where I will have to refund my ebay customer and hope that Collectplus will one day give me the compensation claim.
    I will never use them again, I will be finding another method of postage for the future.
    Options
    Please contact paulg@collectplus.co.uk and I will do my best to resolve your issues.

Remember to include your full name, tracking number and contact telephone.

Thanks
  • ashley_bennett
    Options
    Hi

Collect plus have lost a parcel I have returned to ASOS and ASOS have told me there is nothing they can do as I don't have the proof of postage!

I have emailed Paul on the email address provided in this forum. Is the anything else I can do?? The contents of the box are expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure