PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First shop of the month today (been away). We have all the meat/fish etc. Should just need Fruit, veg, dairy and a few staples. Meal plan and shopping list done. We will see.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Week 1 £15.00
    Week 2 away for Easter so nothing to come out of grocery budget.
    £65 left. Hoping to spend £15 on weeks 3 and 4. on fruit and veg. That should be all I need. That should give me the final £50 I need for my new fridge freezer. Fingers crossed.
    Slimming World at target
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Week 1 £15.00
    Week 2 away for Easter so nothing to come out of grocery budget.
    £65 left. Hoping to spend £15 on weeks 3 and 4. on fruit and veg. That should be all I need. That should give me the final £50 I need for my new fridge freezer. Fingers crossed.
    Will that be just £30 for the month. Really don't know how you do that - it's very impressive. I've been secretly trying 'forever' to do £40, but never get close. Hope you get the fridge freezer.

No more spends for me. Gonna try n last as long as I can - maybe another week hopefully.
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to stay away from the shop on the way home today, and I've pulled something out of the freezer for dinner which I'll have with some salad. Slowly working down the fridge before my holiday!!

Must remember to take a couple of chicken breasts out of the freezer for a roast tomorrow, which will use up more spuds and veg.

Still at £20 for this month. So proud of myself.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm Very happy with the shop. I did two weeks meal plans for a change. £53.39 for what should be everything other than top ups, and juice for the next 2 months. I was a bit indulgent with Fruit - blueberries, avocado and pears.

Lots of lettuce. I'm going to push the salads this week, and all the staples and meat/fish are coming out of the freezer.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 April 2017 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Thank you everyone who makes this thread possible.

Been trying to find all of March receipts but couldn't. I know we were over budget but not sure how much, within £20 over I'm sure. Oh well.

For April our budget is £150. Two adults for food and drink (not alcohol) only. We are already down £58.61!
    Lidl selling 1.5kg bags of mini roast potatoes for 29p so got my OH to buy two of them. While he was there he got 2 cheese twists as well.
    Was able to buy 2.3kg of organic bananas for just £1.17 due to being reduced. 1kg of grapes £1.53. Despite having frozen peppers I bought fresh peppers as I prefere them in vegetable fajitas which was meal planned today for me. Enough made that I'll be eating it for two more days. Good thing I love fajitas :rotfl:.
    OH is having tomato soup.

£58.61/£150
    £91.39 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all x

Spent £40 in Morries today. I'm hardly in April and my budget is mince :o:eek::(

Anyway at least I'm giving it thought so I'm part way there!
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lidl selling 1.5kg bags of mini roast potatoes for 29p so got my OH to buy two of them.
    Were they reduced or special offer and do you know if they are suitable for vegans, might fight the crowds and get some tomorrow if they are. Sorry for all the questions.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Save_Dosh wrote: »
    Were they reduced or special offer and do you know if they are suitable for vegans, might fight the crowds and get some tomorrow if they are. Sorry for all the questions.

Special price. They are just potatoes, we take them out the bag and put them in a cardboard box. So yeah vegan. They are called mini roasts as perfect to roast.

It's the mini roast potatoes 1.5kg, parsnips 500g, carrots 1kg and shallots 500g. All of them 29p each in the pick of the week. Had carrots and parsnips already or would have had OH get those also.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Doom_and_Gloom Oh I see, thought they might have been coated in goose fat or something. Yes I think I might have seen them before. That's a great price for all of that, might just have to stock up with some of them. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure