Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer

Options

Comments

• corf999
    corf999 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    VF dont seem to be doing anything about it. After all its all profit.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    ...so Lee - is VF Sales behind this, and what has been done to stop it?
    Lee is a wrong person to ask this. His mission is plugging holes, not stopping/improving anything or making comments, either general or on individual cases.

And it was clearly established in this thread that it was Vodafone itself behind this.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi David Burgess,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If your mum still needs help, ask her to email me with her details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form, she'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating her query in the question box, she'll also need to quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Squeaky02
    Options
    Hi Lee

I need help #226336

regards
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Squeaky02,

As I can't find your email from that reference number, please double check it and update the thread with the correct one.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • butdoineedit?
    Options
    Hi Lee

I need your help please.

Thanks
    Ian
    February NSD challenge 5/15
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for your time yesterday.

As promised, I'll get back to you as soon as I have update.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • JMellor
    Options
    Sounds very similar to what is happening to me right now. Had a guy from a Vodafone sales team offer me a free iPad mini 3, ipad 2 or galaxy tablet. I asked straight away "what is the monthly cost" and he said "nothing it's completely free, sell it, give it away, keep it, it's yours and it's completely free"

I said yes, ordered one and then did so research and found this thread. So I panicked.

I rang up Vodafone and spoke to their billing people and said how much will it cost? I think it's been mis-sold to me. A woman then told me the order is still in progress and she can't see all the details, but it should be £35 for 24 months!

I'm pretty worried by this point and the iPad hasn't arrived.

The other thing that hasn't arrived is the list of terms and conditions I asked for from the orginal call, or any email text or letter information that I had ordered an iPad.

So I ring up Vodafone again to tell them I've been mis-sold an iPad and am worried it's going to cost me. A man then tells me he can see all my details on the screen and that I am receiving a free iPad and there is no monthly charges. It's a gift for being so loyal. (I've been with Vodafone for 8 months) He re-assured me that it is completely free and to tell all my mates that thought it was going to cost me that it's free.

I RECORDED THIS PHONE CALL AS EVIDENCE!!

Suddenly an iPad turns up Monday morning over a week after the orginal call. i check my bill and have been charged and set up another line. (Even though, no money had been mentioned in the sales call, or any bank details collected by them.)

Vodafone are reviewing the call and once they make a descion it will either be to carry on paying £35 for 500mb for 24 months! (Is that the smallest data ever or what!?) or if it had been mentioned it's all free I get to keep it for FREE!

What a farce!! Not happy at all! Lost any loyality I may have and then the fact that the call centre is 1 MILE AWAY FROM MY PARENTS HOUSE!! Makes this all even more of a joke
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    And you're gullible enough to believe they will sort it out and call you back. Poor thing.
  • JMellor
    Options
    Not so gullible. I've recorded my conversations, which will be passed on to Off Com and Fraud Action if this matter isn't addressed in the period of time they have agreed. I have clearly asked questions and have recordings of the staff I've spoke to who have clearly listed their names in the calls.

I don't being lied to lightly, even more so when i've been robbed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback