Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
91 replies 42.5K views

Replies

• VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    Hi grumbler,

We're unable to provide updates to specific complaints publicly.

However, we're happy for customers to update their threads to confirm the outcome reached.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AjnspeakAjnspeak Forumite
    1 posts
    I got a call out of the blue today from a Vodafone salesman who was virtually unintelligible and spoke incredibly fast trying to get me to take a "free" tablet. Like others on this forum, I said I was not interested but he insisted it was all free and that I would be sent a tablet tomorrow. I asked to be sent an email with details but he refused saying this was a one-off loyalty offer. Upon checking, I see that this is tied to a contract that I have not been sent or seen. I immediately called Vodafone Complaints, who were helpful and said that it would be best for me to accept the tablet and then take it round to the nearest Vodafone shop to hand it in (rather than rejecting the delivery) and ensure that it is properly logged in on their system on my account. This should ensure the matter is properly closed.
    I hope this helps.
    The Government needs to clamp down on this gross mis-selling practice - it is not just Vodafone that does it.
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're a REAL optimist.

A) Agreeing to anything from an unsolicited phone call from (in this case not Vodafone) - especially when you are supposedly getting something for FREE.

B) Believing anything Vodafone tells you.

C) Expecting that when you got out of your way and take it to a store the staff there are likely to do anything except send you away again and say it's nothing to do with them.

After that (assuming I am correct based on experience and the endless feedback about this and all other Vodafone-related issues - as well as not being that gullible) you can expect to have an endless amount of joy over weeks or months circling in ever widening arcs as the initial problem is made a lot worse.

Or you could follow the endlessly repeated advice on here and contact the WRT. See how the store visit goes.
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We're unable to provide updates to specific complaints publicly.

However, we're happy for customers to update their threads to confirm the outcome reached.
    I believe that individual complaints were investigated (= holes plugged). No need to post any 'specific' details.

However, I think it's obvious for everyone that nothing was addressed as nothing changed and this shameful misselling goes on.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • edited 10 July 2015 at 9:42PM
    LunnoiLunnoi Forumite
    3 posts
    edited 10 July 2015 at 9:42PM
    Exactly the same for myself. I am very thorough and wrote down everything from the upgrade call and I know that I did not 'misunderstand'.

Contents below of letter to be sent.

I was currently under contract which was due to expire in July 15.

I called on the Saturday 4/7/15 and spoke to xxx from Belfast.

On that call it was agreed to form a new contract of 24 months.
    To be included in that deal was a Note4 handset on unlimited minutes, 2gb data and a A3 handset with 500 minutes and 500 MB of data for a total of £50 per month. On top of that the operator said he would ‘throw in’ a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4’ with 1 GB of data. There were to be no other charges, upgrade costs etc...

I received the 2 handsets earlier the following week but without the tablet. Hence I called Vodafone [this took a further frustrating 1 hour of my time including a live chat as the operator did not call back] and had the tablet sent out which I picked up on the 10/07/15 and after setting this up received an email saying that there will be charges for this handset. Details of mail below.

Then I called Vodafone on 10/7/15 at around 5pm and the call lasted until approx. 5:45. I spoke to a operator and then his manager who finally said that he does not think I would be charged but would call back or text about 6:30, neither of which happened.

I then used live chat to understand further and it seemed I would indeed be charged for the tablet and I had xxx call me who explained that I would indeed be charged. This left me no other option but to cancel the upgrade and I am waiting for the packages that will allow me to return the hardware.

As far as I am concerned this is gross misconduct and essentially fraud. I am raising a complaint letter now and I will move when I have made sure I have not been charged.

WRT135 [#10851008]
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    Hi Lunnoi,

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • LunnoiLunnoi Forumite
    3 posts
    I am not able to post links but if you google search for "Missold Samsung Galaxy Tab 4" you can see my current notes on the vodafone forum
    4.3K posts
    You're welcome Lunnoi.

As soon as I have further news, I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • This happened to me!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it! My mum asked me to call Vodafone on her behalf to upgrade her contract. They offered me the 'Free' tablet. I asked time and time again, whats going on? is it free etc etc... The lady in the retention team assured me that it was.

Fast forward to when the bill is due, and there's an additional line.

Mum spent ages on the phone yesterday to a load of pre scripted responses....

"its after the 14 day cooling off period, nothing can be done" - That would be true if we knew we were entering into a separate contract!

"I'll just transfer you to xxxx department" - madness!
  • BuzbyBuzby Forumite
    8.3K posts
    How is any of this any different from the earlier scams of 'would you like a free mobile'? For those complainants with the tablet & contract, was this an agent from Vodafone Plc, and is your existing contrat with them as a service provider?

If VF themselves, it is simply smart (!!!) selling tactics, but if from an intermediary you previously had no contact with, there is a greater worry - how were your personal and financial details available to allow them to process the sale?

VF cannot and should not be hiding these sales issues if so many are being trapped by such sharp practice, so Lee - is VF Sales behind this, and what has been done to stop it?