Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Beware- Vodafone misleading "loyalty" offer

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mobiles
91 replies 42.7K views

Replies

• forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a similar call recently offering a free device. Maybe this thread stuck in my mind and i just said no to everything or they did mention the monthly cost?

Thinking about it i do think they mentioned the cost because i asked out the data limit, i said my daughter would use double that in a month on youtube alone.

Are vodafone making similar calls but more upfront?

Rewarding me as a good customer by getting me to spend more money? Not quite sure how that works? Save money by spending more?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• JMellor wrote: »
    Not so gullible. I've recorded my conversations, which will be passed on to Off Com and Fraud Action if this matter isn't addressed in the period of time they have agreed. I have clearly asked questions and have recordings of the staff I've spoke to who have clearly listed their names in the calls.

Nice work with recording the phone calls.

Though don't bother with Ofcom or ActionFraud, just file court action through the Money Claim Online website.

The moment you do this, you'll receive a call from the Executive complaints team at Vodafone who'll offer you a settlement.
  • VodafoneVodafone Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.3K posts
    Hi JMellor,

If you still need help with this, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

I hope this doesn't confuse any pre-existing investigations.

As stated in my previous message, I have been sold an iPad for free (including free monthly charges) and then charged £35 a month as part of a 24 month plan for 500mb a month.

Someone is reviewing the original sales call, but I have recorded other calls my self with another member of staff who has states the iPad was £9 and there is no monthly cost. I wanted to check that the original sales call was genuine and he also lead me to believe my loyality to Vodafone would require a reward of an iPad.

No-one in the orginal call, or second confirmation call I made said anything about a £35 monthly fee.

Please advise how I should move forward.

Thank you, Mr Mellor
  • Still waiting on a call. It's day 9 out of 10. When will this be sorted?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I've been forced to cancel the contract (I never signed up for)

Vodafone have got back to me a "don't have" the orginal sales call.

I have recordings of other calls from staff telling me it's free. Apperently those calls are false information and won't effect a decision. I have to cancel the contract now (as its day 16? Even tho it's day 12?) or pay £35 a month for 500mb, which Vodafone doesn't have any contract at that price on its website.

I made the point that VF on last call I had on the 21st said my 14 day cancellation period would start from the day the review is made, as its unfair to make me wait 10 days and then only give me 1 day (as the contact started the day VF sent the iPad not the day it arrived) to cancel and get it back.

I'm absolutely disgusted with the way Vodafone have given me false information with every call. Staff are under trained and will rather give false info than say they don't know.

I will be taking this further. I have plenty of evidence.

Fraud, cover ups, false information.

Free gift for loyality! Haha £35/M please
  • JMellor wrote: »
    I've been forced to cancel the contract (I never signed up for)

Vodafone have got back to me a "don't have" the orginal sales call.

I have recordings of other calls from staff telling me it's free. Apperently those calls are false information and won't effect a decision. I have to cancel the contract now (as its day 16? Even tho it's day 12?) or pay £35 a month for 500mb, which Vodafone doesn't have any contract at that price on its website.

I made the point that VF on last call I had on the 21st said my 14 day cancellation period would start from the day the review is made, as its unfair to make me wait 10 days and then only give me 1 day (as the contact started the day VF sent the iPad not the day it arrived) to cancel and get it back.

I'm absolutely disgusted with the way Vodafone have given me false information with every call. Staff are under trained and will rather give false info than say they don't know.

I will be taking this further. I have plenty of evidence.

Fraud, cover ups, false information.

Free gift for loyality! Haha £35/M please

It is corporate fraud, I would be making a complaint to your local constabulary and Crown office, with copies of the recordings and evidence of the calls have taken place from your bills.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that! The police have absolutely no interest in investigating fraud unless it's a high profile case to promote themselves - and even then you'd be lucky! Whether it is even fraud is also highly dubious.
  • Good luck with that! The police have absolutely no interest in investigating fraud unless it's a high profile case to promote themselves - and even then you'd be lucky! Whether it is even fraud is also highly dubious.

Its corporate fraud, its one of UK's biggest companies,.

No such thing as mis-selling. It's a euphemism for fraud.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I've just realised something new, the call I made where the assistant reassured me everything was free mentioned I'd made a call review before. (I believe the 12th the day after the sales call, because I was so unsure of the deal I was being told) This was the call that first mentioned a charge and she must have put a call review, because the next guy who tells me everything is ok tells me he can see I've requested one and has anyone got back to me.

This means I asked for the call to reviewed the 12th of September. And no one contacted me until I ring for a final time yesterday (30/9) 18 days later!

The plot thickens