Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 15th Jan 20, 9:25 AM
    • 17,023Posts
    • 145,850Thanks
    JackieO
    Love Food Hate Waste 2020
    • 15th Jan 20, 9:25 AM
    Love Food Hate Waste 2020 15th Jan 20 at 9:25 AM
    Hello chums just thought as its a new decade and New Year we should update things a bit .Since I started a couple of years ago it has grown into lots of lovely folk writing in and saying how they have managed to streeetch their food out a bit, and no longer bin things as they did .I am really pleased and think all of you deserve a bit pat on the back for all your efforts.

So much food is bought and ends up in landfill its really as bad as the dumping of plastic waste Ok it eventually decays ,but think of the space its taking up at the same time, its another precious resource that being wasted

So it would be interesting to see how much the LFHW has changed your attitudes to buying and stocking foodstuff and how much its changed the way you shop and cook,

So get writing chums and lets see how things have changed for you just buy even perhaps stopping and thinking ' Hmm perhaps I can use this in something else tomorrow '

It's become second nature to me now ,although I must admit I have never been keen on throwing good food in the bin, but that's more of a generational thing as I grew up with war time rationing when virtually nothing was wasted at all

So let's hear about your triumphs and disasters in LFHW

Cheers JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Page 4
    • nursemaggie
    • By nursemaggie 23rd Jan 20, 12:02 AM
    • 2,428 Posts
    • 32,205 Thanks
    nursemaggie
    VfM4meplse the stork is delicious in a stew. Do the grow again?
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Jan 20, 1:47 AM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 67,274 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse the stork is delicious in a stew. Do the grow again?
    Originally posted by nursemaggie
    They do!

I planted one outside last summer but didn't look after it. It grew very fast and then developed many skinny branches, which I really should have cut and replanted. I doubt it would thrive outside at this time of year though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,674Users online

Martin's Twitter