Credit Ladder

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you want to see your Experian report don't pay £14.99 for it - do it via Credit Club
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Interestingly, the credit ladder payments are not appearing on my own Experian account, but are appearing on my statutory report. Not necessarily a major drama as lenders can see it when they credit check me, but seems odd (and against what Credit Ladder say on their site) that it's not visible on my Experian account.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    asabentley wrote: »
    My name is Asa Bentley and I am the Operations Director at CreditLadder. I would like to help with the queries. If there is anything else that I can do to help let me know. You can always leave us a message via chat on our website and we'll get back to you within one working day.

• Bank login is handled by an FCA regulated partner who does not store your login details. The details are turned into a token for reading access only. All with bank-grade security and the same technology that companies like Zopa are now using when you apply for a loan. Bank reading is now our most popular option chosen by our users and allows you to continue paying your landlord/agent directly.
    • We have HM Treasury backing, we are recommended by Experian (Google, "Experian Rental Exchange Tenants") and are registered with the ICO for data protection. Rest assured everything is handled with care and accuracy.
    • Experian did have delays loading the rental data but this has now been completed. CreditLadder reported rental data is appearing on the £2 Experian Statutory Report. This is the report that lenders see and we expect to appear on Credit Matcher and Credit Expert in summer.
    • We are not part of Make Ur Move we can confirm. Our website has offers and plans which you can opt for and we make revenue from these services. When you register, you can state what you do and do not wish to receive information on.
    • We set up CreditLadder as we thought it was crazy that a tenant’s largest expense was not included in their credit history and our method is much cheaper and less risky than a credit card. But CreditLadder can complement a credit card also – you're free to choose.
    * We've reported over £18m in rent to date and look forward to helping many more to make their rent count.

We would love to get you on board. Please do contact me for anything that you may need.

You need permission to post as a rep for a firm, you shoukd get this sorted as you could be anyone.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here's the information you need to post as a company - until then I have reported your post as spam.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=2.98686494.1273816046.1519928820-1295540533.1519380617#companies
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’m sure whatever shows on CreditExpert or even the MSE Credit Club would be the same data.

I can’t imagine them withholding data from some and not others
  • pinkcocktail82
    Options
    I'm a little confused... I check my Experian credit report via MSE credit club, isn't that my statutory report? If so my credit ladder payments aren't showing on there yet. I'm happy to be patient though as I believe it's an excellent way to boost positive history (in time).
  • Munchieboy
    Options
    I've been paying my rent through credit ladder for a while now with no problems.
    They emailed me about changing to rent reading (which is where you pay your rent to the landlord directly and credit ladder reads the payment and uses it towards your credit score) but when I clicked on the link it asked for my internet banking login details.
    I don't give that information out so I went to the bank , Lloyds, and spoke to 2 advisers who both told me NEVER to give my login details to a third party as it means the bank won't insure you for any mistakes on your account.
    Can anyone from mse help with this as I'm starting to not trust credit ladder especially as it says on here that they are owned by Make Ur Move but the lady above says different!
  • Munchieboy
    Options
    My bank Lloyds has never heard of account reading.? Can you explain ?
  • TheJC
    TheJC Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Munchieboy wrote: »
    My bank Lloyds has never heard of account reading.? Can you explain ?

Lloyds Bank's page on Open Banking: https://www.lloydsbank.com/online-banking/open-banking.asp
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have used them for over one year. My payments were always on time, and they are all in my statutory report. Unfortunately my bank hasn't implemented open banking yet, but whenever I've had a query they've responded fast and to my satisfaction. No idea how they make money, however - as a newcomer to the UK - my only accounts are: 1 bank account, 1 landline (which doesn't show on Experian but only on Equifax and CallCredit), Credit Improver, Cashplus Advance and Credit Ladder. I know that the credit score doesn't mean much, but I don't believe I could have jumped from 600 to 854 in one year if these companies weren't doing something good about my credit building efforts. I recently got my first credit card with a 500 GBP limit and that, too, is the result of all I've built, I believe.
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport