PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    might have some prawn crackers with the sweet n sour tonight!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had home made sweetcorn soup with a scotch egg for lunch and supper tonight will be pasties from the farm shop HWK likes the traditional Cornish ones and I like the spinach and ricotta ones so that's what we have with some baked beans for an easy meal.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Feeling a bit under the weather (again :() so just had a jacket spud with cheese and beans with a nice big dollop of butter to keep my arteries warm :o

Stollen and a cuppa now.

OH had soup and crusty bread. Its just that kind of day.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Olliebeak1951
    Options
    HM Courgette, Celery, Cabbage and Potato Soup (nice and 'white peppery') for us this evening - with Crusty Bread for OH and GF Oatcakes for me. Roast Pork and Pickle Sandwiches will follow whenever we feel hungry a bit later.

I've got a pan of Minced Beef Bolognese simmering away nicely on the hob - just about ready to stir some Gluten Free Gravy Granules into it. It'll be portioned up to go into the fridge to chill overnight and then go into the HM Ready Meal freezer stocks.

After that, I'll be cooking up some Minced Beef Chilli with diced peppers, mushrooms and Kidney Beans - all helps to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it a bit further :j! That will also get portioned/chilled and then frozen for HM Ready Meals :T.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,179 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sainsbury’s delivery due any minute.

Hence a strange tea of broccoli cheese plus butternut squash curry that were HM from the freezer!
  • uk_american
    Options
    In the continuing quest to be (somewhat) healthy in the lead up to the indulgent holidays, we had YS m&s lentil and beetroot burgers with lettuce wraps instead of bread, rounded out by a side of sweet potato fries and salad.

Whilst polishing our little healthy halos and patting ourselves on the back we failed to notice the low fat content on these little beauties.

It had said to grill or fry, but the sweet potato fries were in the oven so we fried in a little oil as instructed by the packet.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! went the central smoke alarm. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! it repeated with persistence.

I live in a flat, I have one minute before the alarm in my flat spreads to alert the neighbors on my floor. The I have two more minutes before the entire building is enveloped in an ear-splitting screech of beeps which requires the management company to come out and attend to with the accompanying out of hours charge, three hours later.

We ran the pan of smoking burgers out to the balcony and opened all the windows letting in the freezing rain whilst fervently flapping a tea towel at the angry smoke alarm. We managed to appease it at the 45 second mark.

On the plus side the burgers were ok, but not as tasty as the No Bull ones. Memo to self: use more oil next time.
  • Cappella
    Options
    Small portion of hm beef chilli and small portion of hm veggie chilli pulled from the freezer yesterday. Together they will make two hm ready meals. I'll serve them with brown rice and a salad. Not inspiring but quick, and I need the freezer space. Whatever's left in the fruit bowl for dessert
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Don’t know what to have with the gammon steak tonight, marrowfat peas I love maybe some of them, might make a small batch of mushroom soup as two punnets ready to use up
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    In the continuing quest to be (somewhat) healthy in the lead up to the indulgent holidays, we had YS m&s lentil and beetroot burgers with lettuce wraps instead of bread, rounded out by a side of sweet potato fries and salad.

Whilst polishing our little healthy halos and patting ourselves on the back we failed to notice the low fat content on these little beauties.

It had said to grill or fry, but the sweet potato fries were in the oven so we fried in a little oil as instructed by the packet.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! went the central smoke alarm. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! it repeated with persistence.

I live in a flat, I have one minute before the alarm in my flat spreads to alert the neighbors on my floor. The I have two more minutes before the entire building is enveloped in an ear-splitting screech of beeps which requires the management company to come out and attend to with the accompanying out of hours charge, three hours later.

We ran the pan of smoking burgers out to the balcony and opened all the windows letting in the freezing rain whilst fervently flapping a tea towel at the angry smoke alarm. We managed to appease it at the 45 second mark.

On the plus side the burgers were ok, but not as tasty as the No Bull ones. Memo to self: use more oil next time.

I would have baked them in the oven as it was on rather than frying them. Just give them a spray of oil or brush with a little oil.

Having HM meatballs with ratatouille sauce and some pasta. Meatballs made yesterday and are in the fridge firming up, ratatouille from the freezer. I'm slowing using up some freezer stuff! Need to clear my inside fridge/freezer by the end of the year as hoping to have my new kitchen fitted in January! Anything left in the freezer can go in my outside freezer. Fridge stuff will go to my friend down the road.

Denise
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Root vegetable stew with butter beans and dumplings.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure