PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th September 2019

Options

Comments

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Feeling better this morning after a good nights sleep. I will fly in the bathroom at lunchtime today, need to get a morning of paid stuff done first. Not quite sure what else is on my list for today, definitely washing from the never ending pile... will have to be flexible with the rest around the paid stuff.

Have a lovely day all, hugs and GWS vibes to those in need x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Have skim read and not taken much in but I hope Mr Ionafan is better soon.

After being in the wide awake club at 5am I was trying to have a lie in but next door decided to do some diy at 7am.

My dad is in hospital drifting in and out of consciousness so if you have any posivibes send them his way please.

Today I will just take step by step. When I've had this cuppa I'll get my councillor paperwork out of the way.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs and posivibes for you Jazee. Thinking of you.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Councillor paperwork skim read. No planning applications to review so should be a short meeting this week. Having second cuppa now with a porridge to go bar. I could smell the sugar as soon as I opened it so won't be buying again.

Next is washing up last nights dishes.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm up and ready

Kitchen sorted maggot bin washed out
    Gas and electric meters read, info put in online. :)
    Today according to OH is national apple picking day, so after he finishes work, we are going to pick the apples in the garden, it shouldn't take long, there only 2!! :) they are not going to make a very big apple crumble this year.

Off out volunteering
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Options
    Most of the dishes are done, some need to be soaked. I'm dressed, the bed is made, downstairs floors are swept and first of four wash loads is in the machine.

Going for a dog walk next.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hugs and posivibes Jazee x

Just waiting for kettle to boil for a cuppa.
    2hours paid stuff done
    WM number 2 swishing, next load lined up as weather is good here today
    Did a quick bin bag dance while I sorted the contents of one of the chests of drawers we had to empty on Sunday, A few items put in rag bag and some of the stuff back from the launderette can be donated. I asked DH to look through his things while everything is out but he claims that it is all needed.... there is clothing in there that I have NEVER seen him wear! Oh well, can’t win em all I suppose!
    Bed made and room tidied
    S/s downstairs loo done

Right cuppa made, back to paid stuff for me!
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Just back from work this morning but am working again this evening. So I need to do cleanish Flying for a bit. I guess I will have to tackle the admin once I've done the ironing. WM can go on too.
    Also gives me some time to do some thinking and planning. And DD1 has asked me to get her printer working as it's been sat in a box for a few years.

Cuppa anyone before I start, sorry no cake, slinky needs to happen.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    I probably missed your cuppa, Mademoiselle, but I’m joining in now.

Bathroom and en-suite cleaned and floors swept with the timer on. À la Round, as it makes me shift myself.

Bedroom dusted, including the top of the wardrobe :eek:. Spiders and webs evicted with the duster on a stick and floor vacuumed.

Towels are blowing on the line and the second load is about to finish. I’ve touched up the scuffs (DH owned up to them but did nothing about it...) on the new paintwork in the ex RoD. Once that dries I can hang the curtains. They are just light ones as we will have to get a blackout blind in there, but it will make me feel like progress is finally being made.
    Back later.
  • beebuzz168
    Options
    Can I take a tentative step in to join you?

Have managed to reach nearly 40 without really knowing how to keep a house clean & tidy, and it's not good for my mental health so I need to get on top of it.

I'm working off last week's list, and have just picked a couple of things for each day because I want to complete a job, however small. Last week I got a window cleaner who came for the first time yesterday, so I cleaned the inside of all windows. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's already making me happy looking at them.

Today I'll tackle the floordrobe with a timer on before picking the girls up from school.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure