allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 March 2017 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Hi March Money-Savers,

Trying to stay busy today.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Check online banking.

* Backed up Finances spreadsheet in cyberspace to protect against loss.

* Signed up for Royal Mail surveys again as last campaign had come to an end.

* Tidied bedroom. Located jeans that need taking up so they can be worn.

* Polished hiking boots with silicon-based furniture polish. They are starting to deteriorate but I want to get another season out of them.

* Repaired leg on coffee table.

* Booked an appointment I've been putting off.

* Burned some photos for safe keeping.

* Cleared the crap off the dining room table. Found some coupons.

* Cleared emails.

* Going to the cinema later. I think our MeerkatMovies 2-for-1 is still valid.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope those who woke feeling low feel better throughout the day. I think DNMS suggestion is brilliant and will keep that for a rainy day.

I am feeling quite active today which I need to grab by the horns as I didn't achieve the whole flylady challenge yesterday due to raspberry obsession!

Today:
    *finish yesterdays fly lady challenge
    *check todays fly lady challenge - hoping its something I did sunday so will just need a spruce up
    *Reconcile bank with YNAB - done and all on target!
    *Food from stores - pasta bake tonight, yum! DD loves it too :)
    *Think about where in budget to find money for raspberries - thinking DDs fun money and some survey money should do it.
    *Get washing in from yesterday...forgot but still dry here luckily

Right must get over to fly lady and get on with it! Hope you all have a good day.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugalistas,
    Not that much today, but am still keeping the money saving faith:
    *Wrote March birthday cards from stash.
    *Freezer/fridge dive for tonight's dinner. mr f is planning on using some of the rubber pork I divvied up yesterday to make another of his epic 'man stews'. I think I'll keep well clear of that operation, but while he's by the oven, he may as well make me a portion of his lovely jacket wedges, as I fancy those with hummous & cheese salad with use-it-up sweetcorn in & apple.
    *Investigate out of date yoghurt. I always eat any that are one day over, this one is 2 days past its date. Sure it should be fine. If it smells or tastes odd, I'll bin it. You can usually tell with yoghurts as they get that sort of bubbly fermentation thing.
    *Make list of all errands that can be done on one car trip & zero car parking charges this afternoon: Pay in small cheque, post completed paid survey project back, collect my nightmare prescription from the hospital.......will ask mr f to drive round the block in the hope of avoiding car park machine charge.......anything else I can think of that needs doing, before finishing up at Waitrose for free coffees.
    *Did a few surveys - quite a lot of Onepolls again this morning, so not too far to go on that one until cash-in, also Toluna.
    *Re-visit seed box & make a list of veggie seeds I still need to purchase. This has dropped off my list & needs doing.
    *Sock knitting - lovely pair for mr f using the most bargainacious blue yarn, plus some self-patterning leftovers from the order I did in January - will turn heel & shape foot tonight as a minimum.
    *Clear out handbag.....is that money saving....well, no, unless I find some coins knocking around at the bottom.....but it will make me feel more organised & that's always a big part of my general money-saving outlook. Think old handbag, with a tiny spot of polish, will be good enough to donate to charity shop. I usually wear them out to the degree that landfill's the only reasonable destination for them, but I've replaced this one sooner, because it isn't really big enough for my day to day needs.
    *Photograph 2 ebay items & weight for postage calculations.
    *mr on a half day today & is outside valeting the inside of the car - the free method.....squeeze car onto front sort of drive & fetch own hoover.
    *Forgot to put laundry on timer before bed.....grrr.....but spotted my error & still managed to get 50 mins of cheap tariff electricity this morning when I got up. All blowing dry outside on the line in the sunshine. Yesterday's load also got dry outside so looks like no money spent on drying washing this week. Yay!! I know we only have a heated airer & not an expensive tumble dryer, but this still means that clothes-drying energy-use should reduce steadily from now on, for the next few months.
    OK.....time to go & investigate some lunch & fill in my calorie tracker.
    Love to all,
    f x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

Ah it feels like its been a really long week, because I worked all weekend. I catered a bday party on Sunday - most of the cooking was done on Saturday £80 cash in hand! only spend £21 on food shopping for us this week.

I am working full time this week but also have 2 buffets to do tonight and tomorrow.

I cycled to work this week did around 5 miles today and yesterday and I have been to the gym.

Brought lunch in to work.

Been a bit stressed out so going to do yoga on Thursday to help me calm down a bit

Hope your all doing well

Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dawn & La E going to the allotment and digging for 45 minutes seems to have lifted my mood. Therefore I prescribe you doing do something you love for 45 minutes and you;ll be right as rain :)

Bob annoying re the tablet. Ours did that in December but righted itself. We thought it was dead so left it and then oh tried it again and it just came on. You might be just as lucky :)

good for you re the school. No way I'd not kick up a fuss if madam was getting a hard time x

How odd, that seems to be what has happened for us. I couldn't start it at all but OH did. Annoyingly can't find the warranty paperwork but will look again later.

Thank you. I am dreading the conversation tonight to be honest. I am guessing they will try and fob me off again. I just don't know if I can face yet another big saga in my life right now. It seems to come in waves. It hasn't been that long since the enormous fight against the ombudsman regarding the business. And before that it was the fight to get action taken in court against my hideous council tenant neighbour (only a relevant fact because of her protected rights) do I really want to now take on the school? Or move him?

And breathe! :rotfl:

Sorry 1LL only just saw your comments. Thank you, and I'm glad for you as well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    and ds's bed support at the end of his bed broke in the night, woke me up but ds slept through it!

sorry but this cracked me up! typical boy :D
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    How odd, that seems to be what has happened for us. I couldn't start it at all but OH did. Annoyingly can't find the warranty paperwork but will look again later.

Thank you. I am dreading the conversation tonight to be honest. I am guessing they will try and fob me off again. I just don't know if I can face yet another big saga in my life right now. It seems to come in waves. It hasn't been that long since the enormous fight against the ombudsman regarding the business. And before that it was the fight to get action taken in court against my hideous council tenant neighbour (only a relevant fact because of her protected rights) do I really want to now take on the school? Or move him?

And breathe! :rotfl:

Sorry 1LL only just saw your comments. Thank you, and I'm glad for you as well.

just remember you are in the right and are looking for a positive outcome and you're on the same side as them. Big girl's pants, be assertive and friendly and I'm sure it'll get sorted x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope the meeting went ok Bob, its very hard anyway but especially when you feel you already have had enough stress.
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you Determined and Angel I made my feelings clear I think. I'm not convinced that they are not in denial about the other child but hope that's an end to it for now.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hope everyone is well. I may need to pick your brain CCL on child safeguarding policy at school.... I am not happy regarding another child who has now hit mine on three occasions. I've requested a meeting...But it would be good to know our rights and what should be in place.

Definitely a safeguarding issue - so this other child needs to be dealt with. Your ds deserves an environment where he feels safe and can learn without worrying about other things that may happen. You need to know what strategies are in place to stop this child from assaulting other children, or staff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure