This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,638 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sounds like you have a back up plan then. Look forward to your update.p when the money arrives.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Money arrived today, have now officially cleared my most expensive debt! £2050 gone, never to be seen again! Brings my debt down to around £5300. Now to truly test myself, my budgets are set and they are realistic so I need to live within these. I tend to rebel against budgets so I know this will be the hardest part for me. I still have a good chunk of money left from Christmas/my birthday so if I feel the need to splurge a little on myself then I can use this money. I can do this.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :beer:

You can do this
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Going back to my January to do list

[STRIKE]- Clear Loan[/STRIKE] Gone forever
    [STRIKE]- Switch current account to gain reward[/STRIKE] Applied today for the M&S current account as this one doesn't have a pay in requirement. I want to keep my main account as I have had it for 15 years.
    - Switch energy over for cash back Waiting until I've received all of the warm home discount.
    - Pass my exams Urgh
    - Make £60 through surveys sites Work in progress
    - Declutter 1 item per day Work in progress

So since complaining about my pizza I have received a £10 gift card to use in a restaurant rather than the take away service I used and I have also received a code for £10 to use towards the takeaway. I believe my order was a little over £11 so therefore I will be able to have two treats for me and DS for around £5 depending on the cost of eating in with the addition of drinks. I think I will save the giftcard for February half term as a special treat for me and DS to spend some quality time together.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,715 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Money arrived today, have now officially cleared my most expensive debt! £2050 gone, never to be seen again! Brings my debt down to around £5300. Now to truly test myself, my budgets are set and they are realistic so I need to live within these. I tend to rebel against budgets so I know this will be the hardest part for me. I still have a good chunk of money left from Christmas/my birthday so if I feel the need to splurge a little on myself then I can use this money. I can do this.

Woohooo, prosecco? :T :beer: xxx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Woohooo, prosecco? :T :beer: xxx

I might go for a G&T, I have quite a stash of gin thanks to the festive period, prosecco would cost extra that isn't in my current budget :rotfl: I think in December I will treat myself to a lovely bottle of fizz with any money I get and then I can officially celebrate starting a new year debt free, we can have a thread party on one of our threads to celebrate our amazing accomplishments!
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,715 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love the idea of a thread party. It'll be fab x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thread party sounds great! I'll have a glass a pinot :D
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Thread party it is! We can sort one out for December when we all feel like celebrating our successes! I will be the one who gets drunk early, disgraces herself and is then home in bed before the real party has started :rotfl:
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,638 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done DFD.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback