Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got my solicitor waiting at the minute. Mainly because the developers haven't sent across the contracts yet. Do you think it is worth waiting for the mortgage to come back before pushing it along? I could probably get them to submit it to the solicitor quite quickly.
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Our broker recommended that we got a solicitor behind us asap for when the offer(if) it comes though. One of our searches still isn't back but that should be by this week some of them take weeks. Our solicitor also has the draught contract so we are litterally waiting on nationwide. If it's a decline we have lost £300.
  • Starcee
    Options
    I'm still waiting to hear anything, valuation went through ok a week ago. Chased for docs, these were all sent on Friday! If I hear nothing today I will be ph
  • dodo01
    dodo01 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Received a text this morning " we've received the valuation report for your mortgage application . We will be in touch if we need any more information" . So what now? How long am I looking at now from this point. Everything is waiting on this, completing a week from today!!.... or am I?
  • aoeiiking05
    Options
    JamesN wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what happens with the CashBack for nationwide, like how it gets paid etc.

Broker tells me that the cash back money is given by the lender to your solicitors, along with the mortgage amount approved.
    I think in some cases the cashback amount is then essentially deducted from the solicitors charge to you, so your solicitor fee is reduced by the same amount as the cash back
  • libf
    libf Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    17.05.2015 – House officially reserved with Barratt
    26.05.2015 – DIP applied for with Nationwide and referred
    27.05.2015 – DIP with Nationwide approved
    28.05.2015 – Help To Buy ATP Issued
    29.07.2015 – Full application submitted to Nationwide
    07.08.2015 – Valuation booked for 12th
    12.08.2015 – Valuation done
    14.08.2015 – Offer text received

19.08.2015 – Mortgage offer arrived in the post!

Buyer was turned down for their mortgage and is now apparently going to borrow the money from their employer, so now I'm stressing about that instead of my own mortgage!
  • 8-of-us
    8-of-us Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,
    Our Valuation was done on 14/08/15, still waiting to hear back.
    The last time we went through this process (failed purchase) took a week so hoping to get some news today or tomorrow, fingers crossed
    Sealed Pot Challenge - #462
    I used the Thanks button as a Like button too :)
  • LauraH28
    Options
    Our valuation is booked for 10am tomorrow. Found out via selling estate agent seemed a bit !!!!ed that I had rang again to ask
  • LauraH28
    Options
    8-of-us wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Our Valuation was done on 14/08/15, still waiting to hear back.
    The last time we went through this process (failed purchase) took a week so hoping to get some news today or tomorrow, fingers crossed
    Really hope you hear something tomorrow
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our valuation is between 11am and 3pm, hopefully the former!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback