Looking for advice on wrong transfers included in booking confirmation - TUI

Options
Booked a last minute holiday (departing Saturday) last night via the TUI phone line, I asked multiple times about coach transfer to and from the airport (twice earlier in the day when I rang to check availability) and asked for confirmation multiple times when actually booking.
She advised me that the coach transfers was included and all I’d have to do was find the rep inside the airport and they’ll direct me to the correct coach etc. She even mentioned that there would be no need to hire a car as the hotel we are staying in offers free shuttle buses around the area.
Checked my booking confirmation and in transfers section is says ‘car hire included’.
If my only option was car hire I would not have booked it as I’m not willing to drive out there.

Do I have any rights to cancellation? I’m panicking that I’ll arrive at the airport and be stranded as on a tight budget and can’t afford an hours taxi ride!

Need some advice
Thanks in advance

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Why would you cancel, can't you just contact Tui and sort it out?
    :p
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just because there is 'car hire included' it doesn't mean you have to hire a car. It would be sure to cost you something anyway. What makes you think there is no transfer bus available after all you have been told?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • bradders1983
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    Just because there is 'car hire included' it doesn't mean you have to hire a car. It would be sure to cost you something anyway. What makes you think there is no transfer bus available after all you have been told?

Well obviously there must be but she doesnt want to get there, find the rep, who then does not have her name on the list.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well obviously there must be but she doesnt want to get there, find the rep, who then does not have her name on the list.
    Which is why as Beanie has suggested you phone Tui to sort it out.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Coach transfer is standard and included in every Thomsons/TUI package holiday, or cruise booking, we've ever made over the best part of the last 50 years.

However, a call to TUI customer services, as above, will quickly resolve any anxiety.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    Just in case you change your mind about driving, make sure you have enough credit on your credit card to be ringfenced for any damage and obtain car hire excess insurance to cover you for any damage.
    e.g. https://www.bettersafe.com/Products/Car-Hire-Excess-Insurance-Protection
  • Katieet22
    Options
    Sorry didn’t make it clear, a tui customer service person told me they wouldn’t be able to add it on. So eventhough I’m willing to pay extra for some reason they won’t add it on. When I rang again they said that transfers wasn’t available and the girl shouldn’t of said we already had them.
    I rang again to double check and they said they’d transfer me to the sales department who would ring back and they haven’t.

I just want some advice. I want to holiday just won’t drive over there, I’m willing to pay more for coach but not as much as private taxi.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Katieet22 wrote: »
    Sorry didn’t make it clear, a tui customer service person told me they wouldn’t be able to add it on. So eventhough I’m willing to pay extra for some reason they won’t add it on. When I rang again they said that transfers wasn’t available and the girl shouldn’t of said we already had them.
    I rang again to double check and they said they’d transfer me to the sales department who would ring back and they haven’t.

I just want some advice. I want to holiday just won’t drive over there, I’m willing to pay more for coach but not as much as private taxi.

Just out of interest, what airport are you flying to and what time do you roughly arrive at?
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Just out of interest, what airport are you flying to and what time do you roughly arrive at?
    Yes, that would be relevant, and how far is your hotel from the airport ?

There are numerous inexpensive independent transfer options available from airport to hotel, one way or return deal.

Resort Hoppa is one we've used before - https://www.hoppa.com/en?PPCUK&gclid=CjwKCAjw54fdBRBbEiwAW28S9gsbDmzAVIqWFA5e8GWYhXQiGF3is4cr_rZ6roLpOUIyH7V2LxA8qxoC8mIQAvD_BwE
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Coach transfer is standard and included in every Thomsons/TUI package holiday, or cruise booking, we've ever made over the best part of the last 50 years.

However, a call to TUI customer services, as above, will quickly resolve any anxiety.

except the one the Op is on it seems.

maybe she didnt book a package holiday.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure