Options
ZhugeEX
ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
edited 12 November 2018 at 3:46PM in Mobiles
OFFICIAL MSE INSERT

Please see a more up to date forum thread on this topic here:

Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Hello and welcome!

This is a post that contains the hottest sim only deals right now. It also contains a link to a spreadsheet with a full list of every networks best sim only deals with cashback rates updated every week. This is a great way to compare Sim Only deals between providers and get the best bang for buck.

{Edited by Forum Team}

The website can be bookmarked and viewed from any device at any time. The spreadsheet has tabs at the bottom of the page for different types of deals, there is also an FAQ page. Please read it :) (FAQ also on second post of this thread)

Visit the HUKD thread for more:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/best-sim-only-deals-megathread-1623625

Apologies for any mistakes in the above post.

simo_zps42958f5a.jpg

On August 4th 2013 i created a thread on HUKD and MSE that compiled a list of the best sim only deals in the UK from major and minor networks. The deal was received well on HUKD with over 65,000 views and 5,000 degrees of heat within the first 24 hours. One month on the thread has been viewed over 100,000 times

The thread was a continuation of HUKD member QyestionMarks sim only thread which he had started 18 months earlier and closed down at the end of June. He was happy for me to take over and create my own take on an ultimate sim only guide. This led to the creation of the ultimate sim only deal spreadsheet which a lot of you will have seen by now. Maybe even used.

The goal of the spreadsheet is to create a concise and up to date guide with all sim only deals from major and minor networks. The first page deals with 2G and 3G deals. It also filters in cashback into the deals, shows the best rates for international calls, includes a selection of recommended apps to save money and it has 2 honourable mentions of pay as you go deals that may be useful to those who don't want a sim only or who are low users.

My goal is to create an ultimate sim only guide that is maintained and up to data at all times and that anyone can open and view on any device at any time.

Please view the 2G/3G Sim Only deals here-
CLICK HERE FOR SIM ONLY TARIFFS

4G_zps2dfeee41.jpg

Are you ready for 4G?
Starting from September i've updated the sim only deals spreadsheet to include 4G Sim Only tariffs from EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three.

At the moment Vodafone offer the best 4G tariffs due to cashback of over £130 from both Quidco and TCB. Three offer the best 4G deals for data but their 4G network won't launch until December. The page also contains a handy FAQ as well as a section on 4G handsets and why 4G won't work on the iPhone 5 on O2 and Vodafone.

Feel free to have a look through the 4G Ready Sim Only deals section below-
CLICK HERE FOR 4G SIM ONLY TARIFFS

MBB_zps678eebd0.jpg

And now i've included the best data sim only deals. This is a list of all networks that provide data sims for your Dongle, Mi-Fi or iPad/Tablet. This is very useful for those who need data on the go in the form of mobile broadband and already have a mobile broadband device.

The deals include some little known deals from Ovivo and Samba who provide a virtually free data service.

Feel free to have a look through the Data Sim Only deals section below-
CLICK HERE FOR DATA SIM ONLY TARIFFS

Written 05/09/2013

Comments

• ZhugeEX
    Options
  • Earthworm
    Earthworm Posts: 529 Forumite
    Options
    Nice post but I have a few bits of feedback to hopefully improve the page.

4G SIM Only tariffs would also be helpful (especially in a month or to) so having a section confirming EE and quite soon O2's would help users who want 4G.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moved this up as a "sticky" thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Great thread, OP! :beer:

Not sure if it's true but I read that only £12.50 of the £15 you pay to Ovivo is credited to your account now as the VAT element is taken out. Anyone?
  • ZhugeEX
    Options
    Earthworm wrote: »
    Nice post but I have a few bits of feedback to hopefully improve the page.

4G SIM Only tariffs would also be helpful (especially in a month or to) so having a section confirming EE and quite soon O2's would help users who want 4G.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be updating this thread tonight and cleaning it up a bit. And ill be adding in the sim only 4G deals and other stuff.

The ultimate goal is to create an online spreadsheet that can be accessed anywhere at anytime and can be updated by myself or anyone else.

Itll be a link that can be bookmarked and accessed anywhere at the persons convienience.

@Millicent bystander- ill look into it.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Also agree it's a great thread.

Another item to include is whether a network allows voice over IP (VOIP), which can be a great money saving feature allowing free calls to friends and family anywhere in the world. Facetime (an iPhone App), Skype and similar voice/video Apps use a form of VOIP and may be banned on some networks. The situation is very confusing, T-Mobile state in their terms and conditions:
    You cannot use mobile internet on your phone to make internet phone calls ('VoiP')

Yet Virgin (who use EE/T-Mobile for their network), don't appear to have such a restriction...
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    A really excellent thread ZhugeEX keep up the good work :T
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • ZhugeEX
    Options
    What do you guys think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjKnq7RtRv_sdDEyTkdIN1FCZ1RZUjdJTUdUV294bFE#gid=0

It's still in early stages of development.
  • ZhugeEX
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    moved this up as a "sticky" thread

Cheers. I appreciate that :)
  • SandLake
    SandLake Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco do support tethering for Android but not for iPhones

Look on their website under "How Do I" in the "Phone settings and help" section there is a Q&A "Can I use my phone for tethering.

I am in the process of changing networks and was surprised by this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport