Petrol running low

Options
johncas1
johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 28 March 2012 at 9:53PM in Motoring
Has anyone seen any petrol stations running out seems in Leicester everyone is panic buying shell has ran out Tescos and loads of other garages even the super unleadded has gone seems when Tescos run out they all go to the more expensive place down the road chain reaction and they have not ev en announced a strike date the army will be useless as the garages are selling more petrol then the fuel cpmpanys can supply the army can deliver a load but it will be gone in notime once people get word the load has been deliverd and you got the petrol can brigade all stocking up someone even filled up 4 cans all at once saying get it while you can

Comments

• Horseunderwater
    Options
    Filled up locally in my garage on way to GP Tuesday.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2012 at 1:44AM
    Options
    I filled up at a supermarket filling station earlier today. Busy, but I've seen the queue longer.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    Is there definitely going to be another petrol crisis then?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I thought it was because they have put the prices up again, The garages that increased prices yesterday were fairly quiet,
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Cash-Strapped.T32
    Cash-Strapped.T32 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 March 2012 at 3:35PM
    Options
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Is there definitely going to be another petrol crisis then?

If not, we'll all work together to make sure there is. :(
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's The Sun wot done it!
    MOTORISTS should fill up their petrol tanks fast before a tanker strike closes garages, No10 said yesterday....
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4223679/No10-Fill-up-quick-before-fuel-strike.html
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    I love how everyone becomes all "im filling my tank up so im not left without!" when im sure some of those people dont use a full tank of fuel in a week or 2. if people simply bought what they needed there'd be no problem. I use my car 3 days a week+ to drive to places for work, and i know there are people that use their cars 4/5 days a week for work who probably do far more miles per day than I do, and some of those types of people will be stuck due to the selfish mindless idiots who at least have a tank of fuel that will last them 3-4 weeks...
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    Options
    Great - I need to fill a 5L container for the lawnmower. I'm going to look like one of those panicking morons who stockpile!
  • Jennifer_Jane
    Jennifer_Jane Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2012 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Yes, my local station had no petrol yesterday, so I drove to the next one and it did, and no queue, but was 143,9 p. I filled up with that and then drove to that town centre (where I can buy other things cheaper than in my own town, to off-set the cost of driving) and passed one more station that had no fuel and one that had long queues. It's all very well to say 'Don't panic buy', but sorry you've got to as everyone else is.

I've now filled up (I probably would have filled up at this level anyway) and won't use the car if I can avoid it, and will keep it filled at half-full.

I prefer to call it 'pragmatic' rather than 'selfish, mindless, idiocy'.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2012 at 9:51AM
    Options
    Don't Panic, Mr Cameron, Don't Panic!

captaincameron.jpg

We're doomed, I say, doomed :(
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure