Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you want to leave then why not do so - if they mess up your final bill you are going to have to dispute it whether or not you are a customer!

I know, I really should, but they are still by far the cheapest, and as we have solar PV and I work from home mostly my electricity is already costing next to nothing. Also our gas is well down.

I suppose it would be worth going to Bulb for the £50 referral and for them to pay the exit fee. I reckon it's only worth £30 if I hang on with this shower.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    HI all.

Together Energy have surfaced again today. The last contact was from their complaints team during which they agreed to maintain my account until I switched. I haven't yet as everyone else is significantly dearer.

The contact today is to advise they have cancelled my subscription, ie my monthly direct debit payment.

Guess I will have to settle up in October which is when my contract with them ends.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A couple of different developments for me today ...... I'll list it as a diary as hopefully the clearest means of presenting it ......

1st June Last bill I received from Together Energy
    1st June Usual DD paid to Together Energy
    14th June Initiated transfer of my electric account away from Together Energy
    2nd July Usual Direct Debit paid to Together Energy
    5th July Transfer to new provider completed
    5th July New DD paid to new electric provider
    1st August Usual DD paid to Together Energy!!!

Why did I even hope that Together would deal with my transfer away from them properly?

I'm submitting a Direct Debit Guarantee claim to my bank for a refund.

No billing from Together now for 2 months!

In addition, I heard from the Ombudsman today who have been told that Together have made good on all the findings against them (letter of apology, refund of overpayment and £60 goodwill payment) - but I've had nothing from Together yet! If there's nothing within 14 days, then I can refer it back to the ombudsman!
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    Out of interest, who have you transferred to?
  • Fromply
    Options
    Tonik - not the cheapest - but balanced between price and customer service (Before Together, I'd have just gone for the cheapest!)
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because I have completely lost faith in Together's competence to do anything right, I cancelled my DD on transfer.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Fromply
    Options
    With the ombudsman settlement, I believe they will owe me money (in fact, even without it, I believe they will owe me money) - I made a conscious decision not to cancel the direct debit, so as not to give them any excuse not to pay me what they owe me.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    If they weren't so infuriatingly incompetent, it would actually be funny.

Their justification for terminating their DD is because they are again treating me as an erroneous transfer and sending me back to my previous supplier, which they failed on the first time they tried.
  • Fromply
    Options
    They've just cancelled my Direct Debit as well.
    In one sense its a step forward (they've responded to the email and within 48 hours too!!!)
    However, by cancelling the direct debit, it complicates the final bill (which will be a refund to me) and makes it harder for them to provide the Ombudsman settlement. I had deliberately not cancelled the direct debit. I imagine they'll send a cheque (if they do it at all), which is a PITA!
    The Bank refund for the extra payment came through from the bank within 24 hours :)

Thank you for contacting Together energy. I can confirm we have received your final meter readings and I have passed these across to the billing department in order for them to generate the final bill. It can take up to 7 days for this to generated, once I receive the bill I will forward this straight to you.

I really do apologise we took an extra payment from your account, I have just checked and the subscription is now cancelled and won!!!8217;t happen in future.
  • Fromply
    Options
    Hmm ... the email confirming the deletion of the DD from Together claims that my bank cancelled the DD. I simply don't believe them. I made it clear to my bank that the DD should not be cancelled. In addition at exactly the same timestamp as the notification from Together that my bank had cancelled the DD, I also had an email from Together that my "subscription" to Together Energy had been cancelled and "no further payments will be charged under the subscription".
    Further, I've just logged onto my bank account and the DD is still showing as active. Had the bank cancelled the DD, then I would imagine it wouldn't still be showing as active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure