IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• Cmdr_Bond
    Options
    Cmdr_Bond 1 - Highview Parking Ltd 0

So I am waiting to get an official response - I posted my appeal and meant to email them a copy, but I forgot to email them so my response will probably come snail mail.

Today I received a reminder dated 5 days past, but when I logged into their appeals website it shows that the PCN has been cancelled :beer:.

I'll add their response when (if) I get it.
    [DATE]

Charge Notice Reference Number [NUMBER]

To Whom it may concern.

I am writing to you in reference to “Charge Notice” [NUMBER], dated [DATE]; issued by yourselves against the Registered Keeper of vehicle registration [REGISTRATION].

In your “Charge Notice” you allege that the vehicle in question was recorded on your client’s property at [LOCATION]. You have provided two (poor quality) photographs to back up this allegation, however neither image shows the vehicle in question definitively in the location you allege.

Your “Charge Notice” neglects to explicitly define which of your “Terms and Conditions” have allegedly been breached. A subsequent visit to the site of the alleged contravention (made upon receipt of your “Charge Notice”) shows the allowable “FREE parking time” to be X hours(s), with a further stipulation that no return may be made within X hour(s). It is therefore assumed that you are alleging that the vehicle overstayed the allowable parking time as set out by the aforementioned signage.

I feel I must point out that “recorded stay” is not the same as “time parked”, as it does not take into account time spent looking for a parking space nor queuing to exit. Nor does it account for any exits and subsequent re-entries to the alleged site within the times stated.

It can be proved that the vehicle was parked elsewhere for a significant period during the times stated, meaning that neither individual “stay” nor the accumulated total “stay” exceeded the maximum time allowed as stated above, and that the break in attendance exceeded the minimum “non-return” time.

It would appear that the Automatic Number Plate Recognition system in use at the alleged location is displaying a serious fault, namely that it has defaulted to show the first entry and last exit of this vehicle on that day.

If your ANPR system is NOT capable of determining multiple entries and exits, and the elapsed time between visits, it is not fit for purpose and should not be used as a basis for which to produce Charge Notices.

If your ANPR system IS capable of determining multiple entries and exits, then the operatives who reviewed the logs and authorised the request to the DVLA for the registered keeper’s details are either:

(at best) poorly trained, incompetent, or negligent; or

(at worst) deliberately setting out to misrepresent the information logged to produce a fraudulent claim, whether off of their own backs or via flawed company policy.

I would hereby request that you review your ANPR logs for the date in question.

The vehicle in question exited your client’s property around xx:xx, was parked elsewhere between xx:xx and xx:xx, and re-entered your client’s property around xx:xx.

If your ANPR system is where you allege it to be, then a search of your log files should be able to confirm the above movements and show that no breach of contract has taken place.

Should you claim that the equipment malfunctioned between the times given, it will be deemed that you are unable to prove any breach of contract.

Similarly, if you have deleted or somehow lost the log files for that day, it will be deemed that you are unable to prove any breach of contract.

A GPS log which corroborates the claim made above that the vehicle in question was not at the alleged site for the entire duration you claim has been attached. This is in the form of screen captures taken from a mobile device. Should you wish to confirm this data with the service provider, you will need to contact them directly, and at your own cost.

[ADDRESS OF SERVICE PROVIDER]

I am also able to provide good reason as to why the vehicle attended your client’s property.

The first visit was for a veterinary appointment for an elderly cat with an ongoing medical condition. [VET] have supplied a copy of the appointment details. You will also note that this was a particularly warm day ([LINK TO WEATHER]), it would be unthinkable for anyone to leave a pet inside a car in such conditions, let alone an elderly pet that has an ongoing medical condition.

The second visit was to investigate new bedroom furniture. While the subsequent and substantial order was not made upon this visit, the same salesman at [STORE] was seen on both occasions. A copy of the invoice has been attached.

I challenge this “Charge Notice” as the keeper of the above vehicle, on the points raised above.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

I hereby request that you cancel this “Charge Notice” immediately.

Should you decline this legitimate appeal, then you must either rely on the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012, and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Failure to cancel this “Charge Notice” will also result in complaints being filed with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, the British Parking Federation, the retailers and the Landowner ([LANDOWNER]).
    Not as green as I am cabbage looking
  • whittlelufc23
    Options
    Very new to this. I have ignored the letters for parking fines from UK Carpark Management but they keep going to my parents address and my mum forced me to contact the debt collection agency which I was against but never the less I did and was told that 'its at the last stage of the process and its enforceable with CCJ's now and have had numerous cases go to court blah blah blah. I could really use some advice on this because it seem an awful lot of bother to take someone to court for £150. I've read other forums threads on here about the firm and basically got they are a bogus/parasite firm looking for easy money. Is this the case?

Kind Regards

Chris
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Very new to this. I have ignored the letters for parking fines from UK Carpark Management but they keep going to my parents address and my mum forced me to contact the debt collection agency which I was against but never the less I did and was told that 'its at the last stage of the process and its enforceable with CCJ's now and have had numerous cases go to court blah blah blah. I could really use some advice on this because it seem an awful lot of bother to take someone to court for £150. I've read other forums threads on here about the firm and basically got they are a bogus/parasite firm looking for easy money. Is this the case?

Kind Regards

Chris

Start a separate thread for help on this. It will get lost if left on here. You do need help cos, from what you say, they told you a lot of cow dung.
    Give a time line of events and when you rec'd what paperwork.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Chris,

You need to read current threads, maybe search the forum board for 'UKCPM':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5529622

Loads more like that. And near the top of the forum there is a permanent 'sticky thread' stuck there at the top: 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' which answers your questions and tell you in post #3 and post #4 there about ignoring debt collectors and NOT bothering with the 'IAS' (alleged to be a kangaroo court).

Any other queries after reading lots of UKCPM threads and showing your Mum this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

...please start your own thread. Contacting a debt collector firm about this was pointless. Mum is not always right in this case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cmdr_Bond
    Options
    So I can officially announce my PCN has been cancelled. That was disappointingly too easy lol.

All the infor is available in the first post of the original thread, here >>> Highview PCN for Double Dipping now CANCELLED - YAY

And here's the apology!

2u4ofp3.jpg
    Not as green as I am cabbage looking
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Useful confirmation from pepipoo that Tesco Dundee will cancel a Highview PCN for a Clubcard holder who was shopping:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108719

In that case it was a double dip (like Cmdr_Bond's case above) so they blinking well should have cancelled it!
  • VonRooke
    Options
    Overstayed by 20+ mins having been in the Homebase actually shopping and browsing. Got a letter with photos from G24 a week later inviting me to pay £100.

Having read other posts in this forum, 1st I went onto Homebase FaceBook page asking them if they were happy for paying customers to be charged by their agents G24 for staying too long in one of their stores. I got a personal message asking for more details which I gave by reply. The Store Manager called me and I explained that I had received an Invoice for parking from G24, mentioning that it's not a fine. Then mentioned that I had been requested to provide driver details, which I wasn't going to do as only the Police or Courts of Law can request that information. I told him we had been browsing for a potential new bathroom and kitchen and that the charge was outrageous. He gave me some flannel about G24 being a separate company - I reminded him that G24 were managing their car park and therefore acting on behalf of Homebase. He said he would talk to them and get the charge waived. He called me back about an hour later and said the charge had been cancelled and that G24 would be confirming by post. I got a letter from G24 a couple of days later. I was polite at all times, but obviously outraged. Store manager was very helpful and understanding.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VonRooke wrote: »
    Overstayed by 20+ mins having been in the Homebase actually shopping and browsing. Got a letter with photos from G24 a week later inviting me to pay £100.

Having read other posts in this forum, 1st I went onto Homebase FaceBook page asking them if they were happy for paying customers to be charged by their agents G24 for staying too long in one of their stores. I got a personal message asking for more details which I gave by reply. The Store Manager called me and I explained that I had received an Invoice for parking from G24, mentioning that it's not a fine. Then mentioned that I had been requested to provide driver details, which I wasn't going to do as only the Police or Courts of Law can request that information. I told him we had been browsing for a potential new bathroom and kitchen and that the charge was outrageous. He gave me some flannel about G24 being a separate company - I reminded him that G24 were managing their car park and therefore acting on behalf of Homebase. He said he would talk to them and get the charge waived. He called me back about an hour later and said the charge had been cancelled and that G24 would be confirming by post. I got a letter from G24 a couple of days later. I was polite at all times, but obviously outraged. Store manager was very helpful and understanding.

Sounds good to me ...... always the first point of call is to the retailer ... nowadays, they simply cannot afford to lose customers
    ..... some are waking up to find the PPC has cost them money
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 29 September 2016 at 6:27PM
    Options
    UKPC PCN cancelled after a complaint to JLL, the managing agents for the landowners:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5530829

This place, Ashton Moss Leisure Park:

http://www.visitnorthwest.com/sights/ashton-moss/#comments

Just look at those reviews, disabled people with fines, etc. Shameful :mad:

Here's who stepped in:

jessica.speers@eu.jll.com

So always complain to JLL.
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Is it really worth all the bother of complaining??

Surely it's easier to just appeal to POPLA and beat the pp scum there, or in court.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback