New iPhones

Options

Comments

• fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also Fred, what’s the difference between buying a iPhone for £800-£900 or buying an Android phone for £800-£900? Why do you only feel the need to insult iPhone buyers?

Google allows any manufacturer to use android. So the manufacturers compete. Apple do not allow anyone to use IOS so stifle any competition so there is no competition. So the hardware of a £800 Android phone will very much always be superior to the hardware in a £800 iphone. So the only reason to buy an iphone is for the software. I can learn to use any software so have no need to buy an iphone. I suppose if android was completely appalling and incredibly difficult to use I might buy an iphone - but it isn't.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All very subjective, checkboxing and judgemental.

What’s important is buy what you want at the price you can afford.
  • fred246
    Options
    Maybe on a money saving forum you could buy a device that does the job you want it to do for the least amount of money.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    Maybe on a money saving forum you could buy a device that does the job you want it to do for the least amount of money.

That anology could be given to anything. A £20 ring would do the same job as a £2000 ring. A.£10k car could do the same job as a £30k car. A 40 grand house could do the job of a £300,000 house. I could go on!
  • System
    Options
    Its a money saving website that does not have limits on what you can buy and how much money you can spend on an item. It’s there primarily to give its readers advice and tips so they have as much information to make a free informed decision. That same ethos applies to the forum of the website.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's why this debate will never resolve satisfactorily for everyone. I'm not an Apple fan, but I'm equally critical of anyone desperately anxious to buy a new Samsung/HTC Android handset, just because it's new.

Perhaps it's the headless rush down the road of consumerism I dislike, but it saddens me and so often it's people who can't afford it get themselves into financial problems because they're seduced by marketing hype that they need these products.

I'm ashamed to say I once worked in marketing, but never again.
  • System
    Options
    Erm like anything in life people make choices that differ from other people. There is nothing shocking or disturbing that people can get into debt if they don’t keep their finances in check.

I never assume that when people buy something that I don’t see any value in that there is something inherently wrong with them or know what their financial standing is. However what I will do is listen to what they say and give advice on what they have asked. If through conversation they make contradictory statements then I would dig deeper and maybe suggest something different from what they originally asked for.
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    I quite liked reading this thread until it become childish.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • julianaray
    Options
    The camera is great I think and the display is marvelous. Its a good phone but as there are many phones in the market other phone might have more features then this with much lower cost.
    The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it.
  • fred246
    Options
    You only buy an iPhone for the software. If Apple let other manufacturers use IOS there would be a level playing field and an iPhone could be as good as an android at any price point but Apple won't let anyone else use IOS and as a monopoly provider they overcharge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure