New Post Advanced Search

New iPhones

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
81 replies 8.9K views
1234579

Replies

  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fred246 wrote: »
    You only buy an iPhone for the software. If Apple let other manufacturers use IOS there would be a level playing field and an iPhone could be as good as an android at any price point but Apple won't let anyone else use IOS and as a monopoly provider they overcharge.

    Why should Apple give their software away. Whether you like Apple or not they are a company that intergrates software and hardware and sells that final product to people who want it.

    Google is in the business of owning search and thus created android so they could make sure search was prominent on mobile and would not be pushed out by Microsoft. They even pay Apple billions of dollars to remain the default search on iOS.

    There is no business gain for Apple to give iOS away.

    Apple and some top tier android phone manufacturers make great products and shockingly they both can make money from it by making products that people want to buy. It’s not a crime or a sign of degrading mental health that someone sees value in something that another person can’t.
  • fred246fred246 Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apple makes massive profits and pays a larger dividend than any other company. Long may it continue. I live off their profits and the dividends of the world's largest companies. Without their dividends I would have to work for a living.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fred246 wrote: »
    Apple makes massive profits and pays a larger dividend than any other company. Long may it continue. I live off their profits and the dividends of the world's largest companies. Without their dividends I would have to work for a living.

    Yip that’s me out of a conversation with you :rotfl:
  • fred246fred246 Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think we have a deal. You happily overpay for your iphones and I'll happily live off the overpayments. Everyone's happy.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pish :rotfl:
  • fred246 wrote: »
    Yes I think we have a deal. You happily overpay for your iphones and I'll happily live off the overpayments. Everyone's happy.

    What about the people ‘overpaying’ (in your opinion) for Android phones?
  • fred246fred246 Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the people ‘overpaying’ (in your opinion) for Android phones?

    There are 1300 companies producing android phones so it's a pretty competitive marketplace. The only way to overpay is if you spec something you don't really need or if you don't do your homework. I will be a shareholder in at least a few of the companies but they don't make anything like the profit that Apple do.
  • Apple have removed all "slow motion" apps from Itunes as they dont allow 3rd party apps when they provide their own version :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple have removed all "slow motion" apps from Itunes as they dont allow 3rd party apps when they provide their own version :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    could you give more info as in what your talking about with slow motion apps and itunes don't sell apps the app store does.

    Apple have their own version of a music app, camera app, notes app, mapping app and word and spreadsheets apps and other apps but don't stop 3rd party apps from making their own versions. So would help if you could give a link or more info to find out what exactly is going on?
  • fred246 wrote: »
    There are 1300 companies producing android phones so it's a pretty competitive marketplace. The only way to overpay is if you spec something you don't really need or if you don't do your homework. I will be a shareholder in at least a few of the companies but they don't make anything like the profit that Apple do.

    No, I’m talking about people buying an Android phone for £800/£900/£1000+.

    Why and how are they different to people paying that for an Apple phone?

    Why did you feel the need to only insult Apple phone users Fred?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support