IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

Options

Comments

• Hovite_2
    Options
    And as I've just promised on the Aldi Facebook page, here's the email address for the joint MD's of Aldi - enjoy !!!!

Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini - [EMAIL="gmdsec@aldi.co.uk"]gmdsec@aldi.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • martmonk
    Options
    Hovite wrote: »
    And as I've just promised on the Aldi Facebook page, here's the email address for the joint MD's of Aldi - enjoy !!!!

Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini - [EMAIL="gmdsec@aldi.co.uk"]gmdsec@aldi.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Thanks - that email address is what took me to the old thread - Coupon-Mad posted it some time ago (around page 6 or 7). i was trying to find out if anyone had used it or if there had been a response from it.

I would expect not. I'd also suspect that the 'sec' part of the address means that there's at least one level of screening before it reaches either (gmdsec to mean group md secretary?). They will undoubtedly still have personalised addresses, usually just a questions of finding the format as HO87 mentions.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Although most likely the personalised email address will still be filtered by a PA, and in some cases the PA will pretend to be the CEO/MD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    whilst searching the forum for results on the aldi CEO email to see if anyone has had a response from it - have they? - I came across this excellent post;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3774243&highlight=gmdsec

When you see this C-M it might be worth adding to your successful complaints sticky.

Now that is a good idea! :T

I think that thread is a bit old now to be up-to-date so how's about I use my spare post #3 on 'my' sticky thread to start showing the CEOs emails and/or contact details of the usual suspects, such as the Peel Centre Stockport and the main Supermarkets, and Welcome Break, etc.?

I will add to the sticky thread over the weekend but will need people to post a reply on the sticky please to tell me about any CEO details you know to be current. Only those Retailers/landholders who we often get complaints posted re PPCs. If you want to post a reply on the sticky with CEO details that you are aware of, (anyone here who knows such details) I will collate them into post #3 of the sticky in due course.

Like Aldi, of course, the subject of this 'thread of shame' about their association with Parking Eye (just to bring this back on topic)!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SlimmingSusan
    Options
    Just wanted to add to this thread before taking the time to read it all, which I will today. It looks interesting.

I have been advised from supportive members of this board, after receiving a parking eye fine for overstay at aldi preston last week, to post politely on the aldi facebook page, which I have. Have also started my own thread.

I was just going to pay to make it go away, but I think I may fight it.
  • Hovite_2
    Options
    Just wanted to add to this thread before taking the time to read it all, which I will today. It looks interesting.

I have been advised from supportive members of this board, after receiving a parking eye fine for overstay at aldi preston last week, to post politely on the aldi facebook page, which I have. Have also started my own thread.

I was just going to pay to make it go away, but I think I may fight it.

It would be easier in a separate thread but regardless, don't pay this !

Most of the time we recommend you complain to the retailer ( Aldi ) but personally I think that is letting Aldi off the hook. They now need to be taught a lesson. So here's the process :

1. Complain to Aldi ( if you want to )
    2. Appeal to Parking Eye saying you were a valid customer
    3. Appeal to POPLA - as this is from Aldi and currently they are my pet hate, I'm very happy to write the POPLA appeal for you. You WILL win.

By appealing to POPLA you will cost Parking Eye £32 and their "club" the BPA £100 - how good does that feel ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Most of the time we recommend you complain to the retailer ( Aldi ) but personally I think that is letting Aldi off the hook. They now need to be taught a lesson. So here's the process :

3. Appeal to POPLA - as this is from Aldi and currently they are my pet hate, I'm very happy to write the POPLA appeal for you. You WILL win.

By appealing to POPLA you will cost Parking Eye £32 and their "club" the BPA £100 - how good does that feel ?

@SlimmingSusan - you won't get a better offer than this (even at Aldi :rotfl:)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • SlimmingSusan
    SlimmingSusan Posts: 291 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2013 at 12:40PM
    Options

Yes that sounds like sweet revenge, would be really grateful for the help. Does it matter that I no longer have the Aldi receipt? Also, does it count that there is another store on the small retail park where I spent quite a long time browsing on the same visit? A fabric and craft store. I was complacent as the car park was really quiet, would have been more vigilant if it had been a busy Saturday. Have visited this car park hundreds of times for same stores.

By the way, have started a separate thread, but don't know how to post a link. I was going to see if Aldi reply to my FB post. So I take it the advice to not contact parking eye is out of date since October 2012? I will have a read through this thread.

If I get a bad mark in my first uni assignment I should be doing, maybe can claim compensation from PE and Aldi ;-)
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2013 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Neither Rachels (PE & Aldi) will like that! Rachel Organ in my conversation with me came up with the sob story that the reason PE are losing so many POPLA appeals is that the dastardly motorists, with encouragement from internet forums, are only making "soft" appeals. According to her this means that PE are not in possession of "all the facts". Thus they turn down the appeal, give out a POPLA code and when it gets to POPLA, the "full facts" come to light and PE lose the appeal.

All nonsense of course. PE are losing so many appeals , not because of them not knowing all the "facts" , but because they either cannot show a contract, or they can't get their head around the difference between costs and losses.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • halibut2209
    Options
    Aww boo hoo
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure