Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I feel like I've not had much time to post on here about money saving stuff. The past couple of weeks have been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lol.

Firstly, I've decided to increase my therapy sessions from once a month to once a fortnight because I feel leaving it a whole month is too long for me given that I have a lot I want to work through. I'd originally asked for sessions once a month due to finances, but seeing as I'm avoiding spending on non-essentials I have more to spare. As much as I'd like the spare money to go towards my debt I need to stop obsessing about that so much and look after myself as well.

I've not been so hot on doing Swagbucks as it was annoying to keep getting screened out of surveys, but I've managed to cash out another £5 from them and have had £7 from mysurvey too. Curious Cat continues to be a nice source of pocket money going into the rainy day fund :)

Hubby and I went for a meal yesterday and used some more Tesco vouchers which put £40 towards the food. We ended up needing to pay £15 of our own money but that's good going for a three course meal each plus a couple of drinks each.

The week after next we have our week off so we're hoping to take some clothes to the charity shop, take some rubbish to the tip, and finally tidy the garden! I'm also going to get the tyres done on my car as it's less hassle than trying to do it during the working week.

We've had snow here so I doubt we'll be going very far other than to take the pooch for a walk. Currently batch cooking the lunches for next week. I almost talked myself out of it as I have low motivation today but once I started it was fine. It saves so much time in the week :T

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to you Lilith
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Congratulations to you Lilith

Thank you!
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Lilith

I see my therapist once a week which I know is a lot but I wasn't in a good place when I started. I have to admit that I feel amazing now and can handle the blips and we are both in agreement that my therapy sessions will soon be coming to an end. I had to scrimp towards the appointments but worth it.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Munchin wrote: »
    Hi Lilith

I see my therapist once a week which I know is a lot but I wasn't in a good place when I started. I have to admit that I feel amazing now and can handle the blips and we are both in agreement that my therapy sessions will soon be coming to an end. I had to scrimp towards the appointments but worth it.

Yes, they'll definitely be worth it. I said to myself that I would work on myself once my studies were over. I had no headspace to deal with it during my doctorate, but now I need to do it because it's important :)
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Belated congrats on the Doctorate Lilith :j:j:j
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Belated congrats on the Doctorate Lilith :j:j:j

Thanks, UncannyScot!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Lilith , you must be well chuffed. All the hard work paid off.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Congratulations Lilith , you must be well chuffed. All the hard work paid off.

Thanks Cumbria Lass!
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope the snow has cleared. It's mostly gone here, although I've heard we're due more over easter :o

Logged into my GlobalTestMarket account this evening and to my surprise I was eligible to redeem £20, so I did that. I also had an email from Ipsos saying I could withdraw £25...I think it was relating to a long questionnaire and forum posts a few weeks' ago, so that was a nice surprise.

I know I've talked before about struggling with what I want to do in life. I'm finding it particularly difficult at the moment and feel teary most days. You would have thought passing my viva would have given me a boost, but in fact I feel even flatter. It was a really tough experience that knocked my confidence. I'm glad I've increased the frequency of my counselling sessions, but I don't see her again until the end of March so it can't come quickly enough.

I'm trying to look after myself and eat more healthily, but that's gone out the window as it's my birthday tomorrow and hubby brought home a lovely chocolate cake tonight. He also bought me a lovely bunch of flowers :) So, of course I had to have a couple of slices of the cake for quality assurance purposes lol. Need to not beat myself up over it though; I do enough of that as it is.

Next week is our week off and it can't come quick enough. I need some down time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback