Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 March 2018 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Had a really productive day today. Seeing as we have next week off, we'd originally planned to do things like going to the tip, doing the food shopping, and sorting the garden out throughout the week. However, hubby suggested we just get it all done today and we then have a free week. I was a little apprehensive as going food shopping along with everything else sounded a little overwhelming, but we did it :)

Here's our day:
    • Taking odds and ends to the tip
    • Taking a load of clothes to a local charity shop
    • Going to Aldi AND Tesco to do our food shop. I find Tesco far more stressful. We normally order online from Tesco but the cost was so small they were charging £4 for a "basket charge" or something silly, so we thought it best to just go in store. Our total shop for the month cost just over £99!
    • Went to B&Q to get some Ronseal
    • While hubby cleared dead plants from the garden I wiped down our garden bench with wire wool and then painted it. Hubby painted most of the garden shed and I helped with the final few bits

We were so pleased with the price of the food shop. We took an inventory before we went out and were surprised how much food we had left, even though I'd done a meal plan last month and figured out how much of everything we needed. I must have over-estimated.

So next week is pretty much clear apart from my opticians appointment (just a contact lens check-up), routine monthly trip to the vets for Cookie, and trip to the garage to get two new tyres fitted :T
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes Lilith - your chocolate cake sounded delish!

You sound a lot more upbeat today - enjoy your week off - it'll do you good to recharge your batteries after the viva stress!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes Lilith - your chocolate cake sounded delish!

You sound a lot more upbeat today - enjoy your week off - it'll do you good to recharge your batteries after the viva stress!

Thanks Seasidegal - I think a week off will do me some good :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think a week off is just what you need :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I think a week off is just what you need :)

Thanks Beanielou :)
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Lilith!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    Happy belated birthday Lilith!

Thanks Uniscots!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your week of R & R :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your week of R & R :)

Thanks Beanie :)
  • Lilith1980
    edited 27 March 2018 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Bit of an emotional day today. We took Cookie to the vets for her monthly flee treatment. I spoke to the receptionist about settling Charlie's final few amounts through the insurance (I'd budgeted for them). After paying the amount she looked through her records and said there seemed to be an additional £92 owing but could not see what it was for.

At this point I just wanted to scream because we had a lot of issues with the vet since Charlie was having his treatment as they weren't sending our claims in and then ended up billing us £300 just before Christmas 2016. So, this was just another hassle. She said she'd speak to her manager and get back to us, so we'll see.

She then asked how long Charlie had been going through his treatment, at which point I had to explain that he was no longer alive. She did not have this on her system. I mean, !!!!!!. I hated having to say he was pts in January. How on earth was this not recorded?

We left the vets and I just burst into tears in the car. I thought we'd got to the end of the claims for Charlie and now there might be more. It's not the money thing, it's just dredging up emotional things.

On a more positive note, I had an email from the lady in America saying my "Charlie ring" was on its way to me. I'm looking forward to receiving it :)

It's been wet today. We had a brief walk, but have been in most of the day. I don't mind lazy days like that though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback