Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!

Thank you!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Congratulations :j :j :j
    So pleased for you Dr :rotfl:

My apologies.
    This should have read So pleased for your Dr:D & not as above:o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    My apologies.
    This should have read So pleased for your Dr:D & not as above:o:o

Ha ha, no problem, I didn't take it the wrong way! My husband has been calling me Dr a lot ha ha!

My car went in today to look at the problem. They found out what was wrong - a damaged coil which was affected when damp which meant two spark plugs weren't firing properly. All fixed, plus the car was hoovered and washed for the princely sum of £0! I've got a guarantee on the car, which I wasn't aware of, which covers a lot of work/repairs that might need doing!

They did say I'd need to replace two of my tyres soon though. It's in one hand and out the other when it comes to feeling like you've got lucky with no spending and then something else comes up :rotfl:
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    For now though savour the taste of the £0 car bill!:j:j:j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    For now though savour the taste of the £0 car bill!:j:j:j

Yes indeed! :D:j
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congratulations Lilith, you have to be so proud :).

My money pit on wheels needs 2 tyres or maybe 3...but there isn't much I can do when I need my car to get anywhere.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Munchin wrote: »
    Congratulations Lilith, you have to be so proud :).

My money pit on wheels needs 2 tyres or maybe 3...but there isn't much I can do when I need my car to get anywhere.

Thanks Munchin! I'm still shellshocked as the viva was a real ordeal. Starting to come down from it now.

Yes, same with the car. I need it to get to work. I think a couple of tyres are going to set me back about £120 which isn't too bad I guess. I have that amount in my rain day fund, although it does mean that'll wipe the rainy day fund out and I'll have to start saving again for Christmas! :o
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lilith at least you know the car is fixed! As for tyres try black circles or other online dealers (they tell you where will fit) and get the best price.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    Lilith at least you know the car is fixed! As for tyres try black circles or other online dealers (they tell you where will fit) and get the best price.

Thanks Uniscots!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure