Cheap Flights Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• s9904055
    s9904055 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Check this out! European flights as cheap as £6 ONE-WAY from various UK airports. To keep cost down, be sure to bring merely a piece of hand luggage, check-in online and pay by VISA ELECTION if possible.

Bookings must be made today (i.e. 6th of March 2009). Take note of the travel and blackout period under the conditions. Start booking via the link below.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/fares.php?dest=REU&base=BHX&pos=cday

Happy holidays!!!
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Free Flight with the Flybe's Mastercard deal?

It mentions flight is free but taxes and charges are payable. If anyone has used this, how much did they pay in taxes and charges - just to get an idea? Are the taxes and charges the same as when buying a normal ticket?

Thanks
  • hayels25
    Options
    Hi,

My cousin has just agreed to join us in florida for 1 week. We are travelling from glasgow direct into sanford on the 27th August and she is looking for something around the same time.

Does anyone know if it's cheaper to book separate tickets or return? Ideally would prefer a direct flight only.

thanks
    :money:
  • ecudat
    ecudat Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Easyjet have recently started flying to Dubrovnik in Croatia - would be worth adding to the flightchecker I reckon.

Also a site I just found www.blacktomato.co.uk has 5 weekly suggestions of places where your £ goes further at the moment
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    this looks like a nice site
  • bbqforce10
    bbqforce10 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    The flightchecker really needs to have more airlines added, particularly for UK flights.

Air Southwest for example have lots of cheap flights to and from the South West but none of their flights are listed.

Rather than just listing only the big boy airlines, I think you should include the little ones as well........they often offer much better customer service, and prices, without all the extras like Ryanair etc

Come on Martin, get one of your team on to it!
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Didn't some cheap airlines insist on being removed from scraper sites, threatening legal action?
  • holidayfinder
    Options
    I have seen this question asked many times lately.
    I'm sure the option is still around but bot as available as it once was.

Have a google about. I'm sure you'll find advice somewhere
  • nigeltownsend
    Options
    MBNA/BMI card - I'm new to the forum, so i hope that I'm posting in the right way. This is a quick gripe not about the site which I think is excellent but about the MBNA/BMI credit card which i recently signed up for. I applied for my two free flights to europe today and was informed that i would have to pay taxes. I thought this was fare enough until i was told that the tax for the two flights would be 200 pounds for a return flight to Dusseldorf. I did a qucik internet seach to discover that the cheapest return fare to dusseldorf on the dates i had requested with Air berlin at a similar time was going to be cheaper by about £10 pounds than BMI's 'free return flights' and that BMI's main competitor BA would be about £30 pounds more - some bargain BMI be warned. :-))
  • loui46
    loui46 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good site for cheap flights to Bangkok. Looked at the Flight section on this site but Bangkok not listed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback