Cheap Flights Article Discussion

Comments

• westable
    westable Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hello, does anyone know the cheapest place to get flights to Australia?
  • bcleeve
    bcleeve Posts: 6 Forumite
    Anyone used either of these US sites?

If so, feedback would be appreciated. I am trying to book cheap flights to Douala in Cameroon from Cairo; Douala is one of the places expedia el al do not think exist (like Yangon & Terhan - US politics!)
  • hugh88
    hugh88 Posts: 5 Forumite
    One not mentioned here is Asda Travel

www.asda-travel.co.uk

I've had some great prices of late on long haul flights. You can also get 2.5% cashback via quidco.
  • ikr2
    ikr2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Does anyone know when Ryanair and Easyjet start selling flights? We have booked a villa holiday next summer and need to get the flights. We could buy Monarch as their booking is already open but several budget airlines don't have those dates yet.
  • Hi

I'm trying to do a search on the FlightChecker but it doesn't seem to have Newquay Airport on there - is this an oversight or is there a reason Newquay cannot be included in the search?

Cheers

Pettsvaldo
    Sometimes in anger we seem to forget
    All the wrongs that have been done to us
    We've done to others and regret.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Does https://www.skyscanner.net help you with NQY?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I recently got hooked up with this book, Airfare Secrets Exposed that describes how to fly as a freelance air courier, buying tickets from consolidators, flying on charters, getting air passes, cashing in on frequent flyer programs, getting compensated for being bumped, finding travel information on the Internet, and a bunch of hidden airfare tips which can be used by travellers round the world. I strongly recommend this book to all of you.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    I recently got hooked up with this book, Airfare Secrets Exposed that describes how to fly as a freelance air courier, buying tickets from consolidators, flying on charters, getting air passes, cashing in on frequent flyer programs, getting compensated for being bumped, finding travel information on the Internet, and a bunch of hidden airfare tips which can be used by travellers round the world. I strongly recommend this book to all of you.

End-of-the-week spam. 1/10 - marked down as there was barely any attempt to conceal it. Nice try, son.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Example: Virgin return London - Tokyo is £650, the one way fare is £950. So the logical thing to do is buy the return and only use the outward bound leg.

Any catches to this idea? Do the airlines make any conditions to prevent this sort of thing and how would they enforce them?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    buglawton wrote: »
    Example: Virgin return London - Tokyo is £650, the one way fare is £950. So the logical thing to do is buy the return and only use the outward bound leg.

Any catches to this idea? Do the airlines make any conditions to prevent this sort of thing and how would they enforce them?

Many will have a clause that enables them to charge you the premium for the single ticket if you do not have good reason to cancel your return leg.
    Gone ... or have I?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure