PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Back to chilly & damp here this morning....

Stuffed patties were really good, tasted fab but leaked a bit so looked a bit scruffy but I certainly wasn't caring.:cool: The mix made 4 patties so 3 left, one will be sliced for a sandwich for lunch and the rest frozen. I also baked 4 spuds so 3 for the freezer. Tonight I've a portion of spinach & ricotta lasagne defrosting so just some extra veg to cook with that.

Tesco arriving later with a much needed shop of essentials and fresh stuff but apart from that I've no plans for the day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes I am back money, was shattered yesterday, cor blimey this house searching is shattering. I was booked to see 2 and rejected both but the 2nd EA persuaded me to see another, had to follow him in my car. It was way out of my league, I might look like a granny but he saw sucker and I only disillusioned him via e mail when I came home. Last one today, cottage but could well be too dark, so I am going to switch lights off, haha they won`t like that but the biggest expense in anyone`s life, `course we should inspect everything, including light. I will be sitting back afer this one, waiting for RM alerts, I have some clearly defined areas now and am happy to wait

Food is easy and good as in healthy: porridge made with FC milk, berries/apple later, omlette with muchrooms/tomatoes/purple sprouting for lunch, last meal is yummy celery/cashew soup. Lots of food in the house and allotment is producing purple sprouting, no need to shop

money look at fluoride intake ie do you filter water to take out fluorine?. Iodine receptors can be blocked. Fluorine and chlorine and iodine, all the same chemical group and closely related. Also look at limiting brassicas, which can interfere with iodine utilisation
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    patatas bravas

Ooh, I like them.:)

I'm planning to have a go at Tibetan throat area exercises for my suspected hypothyroidism.

Sounds interesting!:)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Toasted rye bread with PB and a cup of tea so far today.

I have some leftover rice to use up today.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I deliberately just put a wool wash on, to make me patient enough to stay until time to leave for my appointment at 11.30. I am always early for everything and have been far too early for viewings, upside is that I get to observe and listen but I know the area. I have got butterflies, not for fear of making the right decision but just from appreciating that I am in someone elses home and will be looking carefully while trying to ignore the EA babbling. I know for a fact that this home was only bought 4 years ago, they tried to hide that by giving the property a name but I found the number and have done research, which alone is tiring. Pity help anyone getting on in years without the required energy and no wonder that many sales these days are probate, people don`t want to move because of the hassle and the expense
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having already made that chicken curry, that was lunch today, with chips.

Chocolate afterwards.... the last of the bar I sneakily bought yesterday morning and didn't mention. :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I made some lentil soup for lunch and chucked some of the leftover cooked rice in there. Made it nice and thick.

I had a pineapple yoghurt as well.:)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2018 at 3:23PM
    Options
    kittie wrote: »

money look at fluoride intake ie do you filter water to take out fluorine?. Iodine receptors can be blocked. Fluorine and chlorine and iodine, all the same chemical group and closely related. Also look at limiting brassicas, which can interfere with iodine utilisation

Bit confused re fluoride and fluorine??

I know about fluoride and, thankfully, Welsh Water is one of our Water Boards that doesnt put fluoride in the water I believe.

Can't recall the last time I would have used toothpaste with fluoride in - I deliberately buy it without any in.

Re estate agents persuading people into seeing unviable houses - I certainly came to feel that EA's look out for people from outside the area and deliberately persuade them to view their "hard to sell" houses. I had two EA's pull that stunt on me when I was viewing houses here and it was clear pretty quickly that they were amongst the worst ones here and overpriced to boot. Re the "energy" to get a house together and this was one of the factors why I felt I had to get on and move when I did - in case I was one of the people that had "energy" problems on getting older (though I'm very conscious that it is "if" and not "when" that sort of thing happens and hopefully I'll come up on the right side of "if" and am okay for the rest of my life).

I also came to the conclusion that one needs to take account of any "I couldn't tell you what if I tried - but there's something wrong with this house". I can recall a house I was interested in anyway - but it had the "there's something" feel about it to me. There was "something" alright - it didn't show up until someone disturbed nearby ground by building there (badly!!) some months down the line and the ground started shifting around a bit/bit of flooding going on and I doubt it'll ever be sorted.

Whew! Good job I "cheated" and bought a readymade pasty (spinach and cheese) and some salad for lunch. Reason being I then decided to plant a few things in my garden and (yet again) hit stuff-that-shouldnt-have-been-there hidden down beneath inches of soil. This time it was chunks of slate/large stones/etc. Before now I've dug up bits of those concrete block things lots of walls are made of here/bricks/etc. Every time it puzzles me - as the house has had several previous owners - until I remember that all available evidence re the way this house was indicates they were unable to do it themselves/too mean to pay anyone else to do it.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Back to another dull day

Last night's posh pig chop was superb, I enjoyed every bit of it, and if I were a chop bone nibbler I would have done so

I thought afterwards the posh chop cost less than the posh pasty I recently had. Both over £3 BTW, but I know what my choice will be if there is a next time, and it oinks

Nil breakfast

Into L's, looking for an idea for dinner, found none, did spot twin pack YS salmon, hot smoked, not had that before.
    Searched & found a St Dehlia recipe, but calls for things I don't have, like vermouth & leeks. Plenty of time to think of something, a few days left in date. Always the Nuclear option:)

Lunch back to cheese salady sarnie

Dinner, I think it will be a nukable lamb shank that has been lurking forever in my fridge, and is very close to BBE day. I'll probably go full on pleb and have it with frozen chips:o:D
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    money, chlorine is added to drinking water to kill off pathogens, it is added routinely and sometimes at higher concentarations, we have all smelt that chlorine in tap water

I quickly found this, might help explain the connection

https://www.amymyersmd.com/2016/08/swimming-pools-sabotaging-thyroid/

I routinely use an undersink filter which takes all these out but leaves the essential calcium
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback