PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,252 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    PN, your day is getting odder hourly, let us know if wee need to watch the local news later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    ....spent it's life on the Sussex Downs looking over Brighton, pork chop. ...

It's a sad world when a slaughtered animal, just a pork chop, has a better lifestyle than the majority of us :)

It's like social media photos .... pets with grander lifestyles and posher houses than most .... as their owner shows how their dog's fur is blown by the wind on the deck of their boat ..... before showing them eating at some posh noshery ....
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    PN, your day is getting odder hourly, let us know if wee need to watch the local news later
    If anything were to ever "kick off" I'd be live updating events :)
    I'm like that.... nosey and "super excited" at seeing what's going on, but out of danger as I've absolutely NO backbone at all, so am an utter coward... so I'd always be "safe".
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    It's a sad world when a slaughtered animal, just a pork chop, has a better lifestyle than the majority of us :)

It's like social media photos .... pets with grander lifestyles and posher houses than most .... as their owner shows how their dog's fur is blown by the wind on the deck of their boat ..... before showing them eating at some posh noshery ....

Yep...it's envy-making to see that sort of thing. But I had my chances (way back when) of "All That and a lot more" and chose not to take it. So - I tell myself that and variations on "For all we know - the hubbie in the couple has got a 'younger version of wife' somewhere or other on the scene and, if she knew, then she might prefer to swop him for a poorer, but more faithful, husband instead".
    Options
    If anything were to ever "kick off" I'd be live updating events :)
    I'm like that.... nosey and "super excited" at seeing what's going on, but out of danger as I've absolutely NO backbone at all, so am an utter coward... so I'd always be "safe".

Fingers crossed it calms down now. But better a spectator than a participant if not.

Personally - I just keep my fingers crossed that my distinct tendency to have "just decided to start walking in a very different direction just before Trouble Kicks Off" is still in full working order.

"Bomb officer - right where I normally walk? Well, on that day I decided (for no very good reason) to walk the other way instead before it all happened" is more the way I operate thankfully. I'd probably have been one of those passengers that cancelled their trip on the Titanic just before it sailed - and then read the newspapers afterwards.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I just had the last of the red pesto with rice and veggies. I keep craving rice now I'm off gluten. Mmm.

The roast potatoes I made yesterday were so nice. Asda Extra Special Buttery Marabel potatoes.:)
    ooh, something's kicking off. Police just went hammering past my house with full sirens on. It's a dead end. Tempted to go out and be nosey but it's raining and you rarely find out what's what. Never heard any sirens in my road before. Sirens mean "now", not "at some time overnight ... we've just noticed". Probably a balaclava loon in the bush with a weapon to have sirens on.

I hear sirens multiple times a day where I live, I heard them about 8 am this morning, thinking about it.
  • PasturesNew
    edited 9 April 2018 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Yesterday's curry was made sans onions as I didn't have any. As 4ldi have them on special this week one of the items on my list was a bag of onions, so I just chopped/cooked one and have added it into a portion of the curry. I'm also tossing some frozen peas in, for colour.

Decided to cook rice again with the curry for lunch because I've got lots of rice and fewer chips .... so I figured I'd use rice again.

EDIT: Oh that's much better. There's still a lurking coconut milk flavour I think, but the curry sitting overnight + the added onion has knocked a lot of that out. It's quite nice now :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday's curry was made sans onions as I didn't have any. As 4ldi have them on special this week one of the items on my list was a bag of onions, so I just chopped/cooked one and have added it into a portion of the curry. I'm also tossing some frozen peas in, for colour.

Decided to cook rice again with the curry for lunch because I've got lots of rice and fewer chips .... so I figured I'd use rice again.

EDIT: Oh that's much better. There's still a lurking coconut milk flavour I think, but the curry sitting overnight + the added onion has knocked a lot of that out. It's quite nice now :)
    Glad you got the curry as you like it in the end PN:)
    I did pop into the attached farm shop, bought a lovely looking free range, organic, spent it's life on the Sussex Downs looking over Brighton, pork chop. Plus a lump of Harlech & horseradish cheese, never had it, but recommended by a friend. All because I'm worth it:D
    Oh your purchases sound lovely:D.

LO ramen has been scoffed so time for feet up and a snooze I think. It's dull & wet just now so unless the weather perks up I don't think any gardening will be done.:o I had a mad fit earlier and rearranged some of my kitchen:eek:, I think it's an improvement but I wonder how long it will be before I stop going to something's orginal place to get it;).
    Options
    Had my walk #feels virtuous.

Decided I was a bit early for lunch and nothing was madly grabbing my attention - so it was just a cup of coffee out then and back here for lunch.

Cue for CBA again - so wholemeal toast with nut butter on it and some tomatoes and decided to add more "goodness" with picking some sorrel and chives from the garden to plonk on as well. Fruit and rice milk to follow.

Right at this moment - I've got one of the occasional inexplicable days of a "detergent" taste in my mouth anyway - interfering with the taste of my food. I know, from experience, it will be gone by tomorrow or the day after and back to normal - but blowed if I can figure out the cause/prevention of it.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Money that sounds dreadful hope it goes soon.
    PN have you got yo the bottom of the police mystery?

Sister came and touched up the hair dye that I missed yesterday. We had lunch ,I had ham salad gf crusty roll with avocado mix on the side. Then yogurt with seeds.
    We walked up to the cemetery with our other sister and the grand baby, beautiful weather had to take off my coat! And I'd only put a light coat on !A round trip took around 2 hours, called into little tesc@ they had carrots for 20p and mushrooms for 50p and raspberries a pound. :T

I'll be having the patatas bravas with cheese on with a breaded chicken fillet, followed by scone with jam and cream.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback