PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My stand by for cooking is a bottle cheap vermouth, keeps forever in the fridge and so handy where a recipe calls for wine or sherry to be added.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't have alcohol in the house, I don't drink it so if I do ever have anything here it'll sit around for 4-5 years. I think I bought a £2 bottle of "bucks fizz" NYE 2016 on a strange whim "in case I fancied opening a bottle" .... it's still in the cupboard.

I don't like the taste of wine; I have had a few glasses of fizzy stuff thrust at me "to try" occasionally, but I'd not buy alcohol when anything fizzy would do and could be bought cheaper than wine.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The forum is being very clunky and slow for me today!

I had a GF roll with PB and a cup of tea. I also had a smoothie - almond milk, banana and cocoa powder.

I have the leftover soup for later and might make veg burger, mash, cauliflower and peas for dinner.

I will probably have some more fruit and a yoghurt too.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was clunky for me earlier too, but seems a bit better now!

Just back from the Drs and all is as it should be so thankfully no more med tweaks for the time being:).
    Boy is it cold out though and very windy, I don't think I'll venturing into the garden today unless it gets nicer/warmer later. It's definitely "soup" weather so I'm glad I have some just needing warmed up:).
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I've been having particularly bad Forum problems today.

Though I've now called in a Mr Computer to look at my computer anyway - as it's being frustratingly slow anyway and has still got the problem of not being able to add any "pins" to Pinterest myself (ie can only copy other peoples that I fancy).
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,248 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ah, clunky forum, I had the same earlier, which explains what I now see is my double posting. Good job there isn't sherry in the house or that would be blamed:beer:

My package arrived, very good service by Royal Mail, posted PM Monday, here by 10 this morning.
    Sign of age, the postie was very young and cheery blonde. Seems it's not just coppers who get younger as you get older

Lunch was the cheese salady sarnie

Found a right size spud to bake, so I can pop my buttered tin foil wrapped salmon fillet in the same oven, different timings of course
    With some salad, all very health grub
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Sign of age, the postie was very young and cheery blonde. Seems it's not just coppers who get younger as you get older
    My posties all seem to be portly middle aged blokes apart from one likeable cheeky Geordie chappy (I think it might be Dec moonlighting). One of the former is particularly annoying as he will make a comment about the sender - if there is an address or stamp on the envelope. If that isn't creepy enough he must have seen my full name on an envelope and has started calling me by my Christian name :mad:
    Anyhow it's thin cut rump steak, mushrooms, watercress and fresh spaghetti for dinner. I was going to finish with an almond Magnum ice cream (cut price at the Coop) but I ate it. Actually, I ate the last two :(
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No work today my sister doesn't work school holidays so we decided to grab a day together. Made the most of the sunshine and drove down to the coast for cooked breakfast and then a 13 km walk along the sea front followed by tea and cake. :)

Currently reclining with my feet telling me that's it's been a while since I've walked that far, on a positive note I didn't need my inhaler :T :T but my fair and sensitive skin may have caught the sun :eek: as I explained to my sis when she lectured me after all this bad weather the last thing on my mind was sun lotion.

I took a pork chop out for tea but currently thinking more nap time then tea time so it will probably stay in fridge until tomorrow and if I get hungry later I'll rummage
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chips and beans for tea. Quick/easy/cheap. Done.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Somewhat cba again. Still feeling a bit achey after unexpectedly (I should know by now shouldnt I?:cool:) finding yet more rubbish buried in my garden when I went to dig a bit out to plant some tomatoes there yesterday. This time - more large stones the garden would have had anyway (back when the house was built!) and some slates that must have been dumped on the land subsequently.

Anyway - I managed half an hour of power walking to a YouTube video and some housework - so I guess that's not too bad a result for the day.

So - I made those "English muffins" that can be done in about 2 minutes flat in a microwave recipe I mentioned recently. Conclusion = they took about 10 minutes longer in the oven than the recipe said. Don't know that they're what I'd call tasty - though, admitted I didn't have any jam in to put on them as recipe advice. Bit on the heavy side. Still - they didnt taste too bad I guess - though don't know whether I'll do that again or no.

So dinner was cba sauce of sauted spring onions/garlic with canned tomatoes, kale, cannelini beans, spinach and all sorts of flavourings chucked in. Served with a "cheat" packet of quinoa and rice heated up and then drizzled with tahini sauce. That was quite tasty and there's a second portion left for tomorrow. Then I had those "muffins".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback