PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    food was managed ok today, don`t know about tomorrow. I am out getting my hair cut and I know I will fancy a jon thorner pork pie with a bag of rm salad. I`m in a cba mood too, if it isn`t quick then it doesn`t get done
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Hope you enjoy the salmon Farway:)

Almond Magnum pineapple I can completely understand why you had two:D

13km Brambling that's fab:eek: and here was I feeling pleased that I've managed 6K+ steps for the past three days:o

MTSTM - gardener's aches it's that time of year:(. I put my back out this time last year (fell over) and had to see a physio to put it right, as he remarked at the time it made a change from seeing gardening injuries!
    Would the muffins benefit from being toasted or could you patent them as compostable door stops?:cool::rotfl:

Chips & beans PN, I'd want an egg and some brown sauce with those:)

The parsnip soup I made yesterday was even better today as the flavour had had time to develop. Just one portion left as I only made a small pot so will use that up tomorrow.

The weather didn't improve so no gardening done, I did spend some time online looking at some cheap & cheerful clothes online as I need more summery stuff. I have loads of smart "work" clothes which I really need to pass to a charity shop (how many pairs of smart black trousers and tailored jackets does a retired person need after all?:o) and more than enough "going out" stuff but I'm woefully short on everyday comfy wear. I've decided for any one thing I buy I will weed out at least 3 things from my wardrobe....:cool:
  • caronc
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    food was managed ok today, don`t know about tomorrow. I am out getting my hair cut and I know I will fancy a jon thorner pork pie with a bag of rm salad. I`m in a cba mood too, if it isn`t quick then it doesn`t get done

I wish I was getting my hair cut tomorrow as it's driving me nuts if I last the weekend without attacking my fringe I'll be doing well! My hairdresser has been on holiday so I'm not getting it chopped until Tuesday.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Well those muffins werent hard Caron - though I wouldnt describe them as light either...:rotfl:. So - oh well eaten then.

We don't do leisurewear very well in this country do we? I always refused to spend my own money on buying clothes for work personally - as it was always ever jobs (and not a career) that I had and not well-paid at that either:(. Think I've bought a suit precisely once in my entire life (ie when I had a spell of wondering whether I should re-train for a career - of the legal variety):rotfl:. So at least there's no "smart" clothes I've paid good money for going to waste.

I tend to think leggings are about the best current alternative we have here for leisure wear. Followed by we can readily whip off the jumper or teeshirt we've put on our top half with them and put on a suitable style dress instead if we go out.

I've always thought caftans are probably the ideal leisure wear for round the home actually - but very rarely does one see suitable ones - as most of them are too "lightweight" and/or bling-y.

Still - at least we're not popping to the supermarket in pyjamas:rotfl:(more like jeans and trainers in my case).
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:10PM
    Options
    After 10km Caronc I suggested that I sat on a bench and people watch and she went back for the car, I'm too polite to repeat her reply :rotfl:

Money far worst than pjs in supermarkets are people in onies :eek:

Cba /too tired to cook :rotfl: so pita bread and hummus with raw veg has filled a hole. I'm now wondering if a g&t would be a good idea
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Options
    Well those muffins werent hard Caron - though I wouldnt describe them as light either...:rotfl:. So - oh well eaten then.

We don't do leisurewear very well in this country do we? I always refused to spend my own money on buying clothes for work personally - as it was always ever jobs (and not a career) that I had and not well-paid at that either:(. Think I've bought a suit precisely once in my entire life (ie when I had a spell of wondering whether I should re-train for a career - of the legal variety):rotfl:. So at least there's no "smart" clothes I've paid good money for going to waste.

I tend to think leggings are about the best current alternative we have here for leisure wear. Followed by we can readily whip off the jumper or teeshirt we've put on our top half with them and put on a suitable style dress instead if we go out.

I've always thought caftans are probably the ideal leisure wear for round the home actually - but very rarely does one see suitable ones - as most of them are too "lightweight" and/or bling-y.

Still - at least we're not popping to the supermarket in pyjamas:rotfl:(more like jeans and trainers in my case).

I know I've loads of "suited and booted" stuff just hanging in my wardrobe. There used to be a project locally that provided interview/smart work clothes for unemployed folk, unfortunately it's funding got pulled so it closed or I would have passed them on to it:(.
    I'm not a fan of leggings, I'm too short & stocky for them so always end up feeling I'm a "Max Wall" lookalike:o, yoga pants or non-cuffed joggers are more my thing:)
  • caronc
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    After 10km Caronc I suggested that I sat on a bench and people watch and she went back for the car, I'm too polite to repeat her reply :rotfl:

Money far worst than pjs in supermarkets are people in onies :eek:

Cba /too tired to cook :rotfl: so pita bread and hummus with raw veg has filled a hole. I'm now wondering if a g&t would be a good idea
    I'd need a stretcher after 10km....

A g&t is always a good idea unless it's for breakfast:rotfl::rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 April 2018 at 11:08PM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »

Chips & beans PN, I'd want an egg and some brown sauce with those:)
    But an egg's extra effort :) If I'd had spare effort I'd have chucked some fish fingers in with the chips and beans .... I wanted "any hot food, that looks a bit like a meal, quickest".

I did spend some time online looking at some cheap & cheerful clothes online as I need more summery stuff. I have loads of smart "work" clothes which I really need to pass to a charity shop (how many pairs of smart black trousers and tailored jackets does a retired person need after all?:o) and more than enough "going out" stuff but I'm woefully short on everyday comfy wear. I've decided for any one thing I buy I will weed out at least 3 things from my wardrobe....
    Me and clothes .... are not acquainted. I can't find/afford clothes that fit - and, in the main part, I find clothes irritating to wear and uncomfortable, so I mostly just have "random items" ... with an "Air du Madame Valise" about it :)

I've absolutely nothing that could be considered "smart for work" - I have some individual items that might pass muster, but to try to combine them it'd go to pot as they'd not fit, or not match, or just "not be right together and look very odd".
    ....end up feeling I'm a "Max Wall" lookalike ...
    I've always felt like that. 5'1" tall, tiny fatless legs, hips of a 12 year old ... and Barbara Windsor's assets up top. It never looks good.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2018 at 7:22AM
    Options
    The thought of onesies has quite put me off my breakfast:rotfl:. Think they come under the heading of "work of the devil" imo and I wouldnt buy one even for wearing round the house on my own.

I tend to think it's okay to change into a nightdress and dressing gown early of an evening if not expecting to have company - as even my elegant mother has always done that and evenings in would see her changing into that around 7pm/8pm.

But what to wear the rest of an at-home day is more problematic. I'm planning on obviously well-cut/good quality type yoga trousers when I get stuck into the spate of new clothes buying I'm promising myself soon (rather dearer at around £50 a shot, rather than £10 odd a shot for leggings - but they'll last a lot longer - so it's probably "swings and roundabouts" there).

Grins in sympathy at the thought of "Barbara Windsor's assets" - not being exactly flat-chested myself. It sorta feels a bit odd to have A Pair of Boobs somehow once one hits middle-age - but, having got Boobs myself, then "it is what it is" LOL. At least they're still "in appropriate place" so to say.
  • caronc
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    When it comes to every day about the house wear I'm happy with cheap & cheerful. I'm a mucky pup when cooking/gardening etc. so want stuff that I won't be upset about if I ruin it.
    My favourite comfiest yoga pants are from Gap, they were a £5 in their sale two winters ago and are wearing well though they are very wide legged so I only tend to wear them indoors.

Unfortunately I'm having to make an unplanned trip to the Drs as I've another horrible cold sore outbreak that wants to go walkabout.:(

Although I've been up for ages I've not had any breakfast yet so must go and sort out some toast as my tummy is rumbling!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback