Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    labp04 wrote: »
    Hi coop energy, yes, my email is david dot saltydawg at gmail dot com, I look forward to hearing from you
    No, no, no, no, no, no!

You are dealing with Co-op Energy here.

You have to do all the work. Please do not expect us to do absolutely anything to help resolve the problems we have created.

If I wanted to help, I would have given my you name. You must join the queue of unresolved complaints which we (not I) promise to diligently ignore.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • CooperativeEnergy
    CooperativeEnergy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    Options
    labp04 wrote: »
    Hi coop energy, yes, my email is david dot saltydawg at gmail dot com, I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks David, I have emailed you now

Many thanks

The Co-operative Energy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    Well that was a frustrating half an hour talking to your "Customer Services", the chap on the phone tried his hardest but when he didn't have the authority to solve my problem then it really is a joke. No bill since January, like many other customers and over £900 sat in my account in credit. You take £160+ out of my account every month yet can’t even tell me what my actual bill is.

I can’t begin to explain how disappointed in the Coop I am on this matter. I currently have my Banking, House Insurance, Car Insurance and Energy with the Coop. I say currently because unless you sort out your current shambolic act I’ll be taking all my business elsewhere.

The “New” online account is poor, with a really lack of real information, I can’t even find the details of my tariff or the actual amount charged per unit, surely this is essential information for the customer?

I was told by the “Customer Service” chap that it had to passed onto the mysterious billing department, who are not allowed contact with the outside world so I can’t possibly speak to one of them so they can fix this seemingly simple problem…. No it will take up to 4 weeks for them to generate a bill and give me a refund.

Not good enough Coop, not good enough at all.

Hi there

I am very sorry to hear this. Please send an email to [EMAIL="onlineenqueries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenqueries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] if you require further assistance and I will escalate upon receipt.

Many Thanks

The Co-operative Energy
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 911john2015
    Options
    We switched or at least tried to switch to co-operative energy through this Martin Lewis website about 2nd March, switch still not taken place, sent meter readings in three or four times, Co-op "nearly on supply letter" received 18th May, nothing received since then, emailed for progress report, never responded, called them on the 0800 number but fell asleep waiting to speak to someone. Impressions of Co-operative Energy, run about as well as the Co-op Bank was. #donotswitchco-openergy
    Not sure why MSE still promoting a company that seem unable to deliver.
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    We switched or at least tried to switch to co-operative energy through this Martin Lewis website about 2nd March, switch still not taken place, sent meter readings in three or four times, Co-op "nearly on supply letter" received 18th May, nothing received since then, emailed for progress report, never responded, called them on the 0800 number but fell asleep waiting to speak to someone. Impressions of Co-operative Energy, run about as well as the Co-op Bank was. #donotswitchco-openergy
    Not sure why MSE still promoting a company that seem unable to deliver.

Sorry to hear this John. I can confirm we have received your email and that this is currently being escalated to the relevant department. You will receive an update shortly.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone had a satisfactory outcome after responding to one of these e-mails from Co op reps.?

I find them increasingly annoying ,they are trying to give the impression that if you send them details in response to their message all will be sorted.

This is simply not true as I did respond and I have not heard any thing more from them.

I suppose they are not interested in me as I have already started the switch to another supplier, who has by now contacted them.

I see their web site is closed for maintenace, (LOL, ) for the next 2 Sundays I doubt that this will improve what can only be described as a complete shambles.
  • englishrob
    Options
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Has anyone had a satisfactory outcome after responding to one of these e-mails from Co op reps.?

I find them increasingly annoying ,they are trying to give the impression that if you send them details in response to their message all will be sorted.

This is simply not true as I did respond and I have not heard any thing more from them.

I suppose they are not interested in me as I have already started the switch to another supplier, who has by now contacted them.

I see their web site is closed for maintenace, (LOL, ) for the next 2 Sundays I doubt that this will improve what can only be described as a complete shambles.

I agree. I've had no response or correspondence from them at all over the last 4 months apart from a couple of phone calls in which I had to wait hours to speak to someone and then was passed from pillar to post. I'm fed up with chasing them now!

Haven't even had any response using Resolver and it's only a few days now before it's escalated to the Ombudsman.

Thankfully I've had no money taken from my account.

Hope to be switched to a competent supplier soon without the penalty fee as has been suggested in earlier posts.
  • modsandmockers
    modsandmockers Posts: 752 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2015 at 9:27PM
    Options
    I'm still of the opinion that Co-op Energy has lost a number (possibly a large number) of customer records, and that their repeated posts on these forum threads are a phishing exercise to try to get back some of the lost accounts.

If, like my daughter, you are lucky enough to be owed no money by Co-op Energy, then my advice is to submit monthly meter readings and keep detailed records of all attempts at communication, a monthly log of meter readings from as far back as possible, and a hard copy of every bill that Co-op Energy has ever produced (if any). And, above all, put money aside to cover any eventual demand for payment which you believe to be correct. Send them an occasional reminder about how much time has elapsed since they last produced a bill and/or took any money, and keep your fingers crossed that the 12-month back-billing limit will eventually work to your advantage.

PS - initiating a switch away from Co-op at the present time is more likely to add to your problem than solve it!
    mad mocs - the pavement worrier
  • englishrob
    Options
    Just escalated the whole thing to the Ombudsman.
    Hopefully they'll sort it out, but just noticed another thread about Coop ignoring the Ombudsman's ruling :(
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've managed to get a bill for last May and now another up-to-date one so at least I know how the account is doing.

Next move is to try and get some money back as it's built up in the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure