Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    On sky news this evening.....

.......Ryanair warned it won't benefit from falling fuel prices because it's locked into a complicated arrangement which means it has to pay a set rate for 90% for it's fuel over 2015.....

Shares today fell by 6.2% as rivals are better equipped to pass on savings due to the falling price of oil.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    On sky news this evening.....

.......Ryanair warned it won't benefit from falling fuel prices because it's locked into a complicated arrangement which means it has to pay a set rate for 90% for it's fuel over 2015.....

Shares today fell by 6.2% as rivals are better equipped to pass on savings due to the falling price of oil.

My hearts bleeding for them.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Dr_Watson wrote: »

Your local court (do please tell me who, so, when I get around to doing my homework -I can name and shame them) are very wrong.
    ESCP claims do not have to go through Salford.

Homework done.
    Letter sent to the Judicial Office at the Royal Courts of Justice today, to complain at the lack of understanding at some of our UK courts of the ESCP.
    I've highlighted the issues, and named and shamed some of the courts that forum users have had problems with.
    I've also asked what the Judiciary will do to redress this, and what timescale we should see things improve for the litigant in person attempting to use the ESCP here in the UK.
    I'll post a copy of the letter on here later this week.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Homework done.
    Letter sent to the Judicial Office at the Royal Courts of Justice today, to complain at the lack of understanding at some of our UK courts of the ESCP.
    I've highlighted the issues, and named and shamed some of the courts that forum users have had problems with.
    I've also asked what the Judiciary will do to redress this, and what timescale we should see things improve for the litigant in person attempting to use the ESCP here in the UK.
    I'll post a copy of the letter on here later this week.
    Top Man. Dr W for EU president ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • rachhami
    Options
    Hi everyone. Came across this forum by chance having read about the flight delay compensation article on the main page.

My family and I (7 passengers) flew in 2010 with RyanAir (Liverpool-Agadir) and 30mins after take-off the plane had to do an emergency landing at Liverpool Airport due to a suspected fire on board. It turned out the Fire Indicator Light was faulty.

We were kept in the Airport with the rest of the passengers and were told they are bringing a plane in from another Airport to fly us to Agadir. Can't remember exactly how many hours it took but it was 3+ hours in a freezing cold room. They did provide some refreshments but not enough for everyone. We did eventually fly to Agadir, but like I said, we arrived around 5+ hours late (can't remember exactly).

I have checked flightstats.co.uk for info on how long the delay was but it just says unknown (checked both departures at Liverpool and Arrivals at Agadir). RyanAir actually gave a statement regarding the incident and it also made it onto BBC/LiverpoolEcho. Can't post the link but "Flight FR4021 on 4th Jan 2010" in Google brings it up.

I have the email confirmation for the booking etc. but just want to know if it's worth pursuing it and whether we have a case or not.

Thanks
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    http://www.liverpoolairport.com/ryanair-statement-regarding-liverpool-to-agadir-flight-fr4021-on-monday-4th-january-2010-2/

Interesting case, I'm not an expert at ESCP, but the good Dr will be with you shortly, just take a seat in the waiting room rachhami and while your waiting, have a read of Vaubans guide.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rachhami wrote: »

I have the email confirmation for the booking etc. but just want to know if it's worth pursuing it and whether we have a case or not.

Thanks

I think you probably have a good case - though the airline will claim you are "out of time" from the two years stipulated on their T&Cs.
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    On a different subject :- I've just started to read this RA thread from the beginning, first 10 pages done so far, and now grabbing a coffee, it's really fascinating, at first I was thinking that this procedure could be used against other airlines, where the LiP doesn't really want to face a Court hearing, but after reading through form A I stumbled on this
    In order to make use of the European Small Claims Procedure, your case must be of a cross-border nature. A case is of a
    cross-border nature if at least one of the parties is domiciled or habitually resident in a Member State other than the Member
    State of the court/tribunal
    shucks, but if you haven't read through this thread, I'd have a good read, I'm learning something new on every page. Thanks to all that have posted, especially the good Dr.

Cheers

NoviceAngel

• Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    I think you probably have a good case - though the airline will claim you are "out of time" from the two years stipulated on their T&Cs.

rachhami,
    You have it on good authority from two of the best on this forum that you have a claim. (Same opinion from me too).

Vauban,
    Just a thought- around 2010 would RA have still had T's and C's with reference to the Montreal Convention? I seem to think they did, and that they updated their T's and C's possibly pre Dawson as a new hurdle- should the Dawson case be lost by Thomson's as was so.
    If so, should rachhami's claim be open and shut regarding this, and now just a bog standard 'plane went tech claim'?

• NoviceAngel
    edited 3 February 2015 at 5:12PM
    Options
    rachhami,
    You have it on good authority from two of the best on this forum that you have a claim. (Same opinion from me too).

Vauban,
    Just a thought- around 2010 would RA have still had T's and C's with reference to the Montreal Convention? I seem to think they did, and that they updated their T's and C's possibly pre Dawson as a new hurdle- should the Dawson case be lost by Thomson's as was so.
    If so, should rachhami's claim be open and shut regarding this, and now just a bog standard 'plane went tech claim'?

I personally think the two year nonsense will end very soon, there is a test case on appeal coming up in Manchester, due I believe March/April, I've can't find the link to where I've read it, but I'll have a browse and come back if I can find anything.

Regarding the techincal, RA will argue that 'It's a flight safety shortcoming' but Wallentin then Huzar trumps that!

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Found this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67581005#post67581005 but I've read somewhere much more about it, because I believe a date has now been set.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback