Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• Jo_Hric
    Jo_Hric Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So I have been with Symbio Energyfor last 3 months. No issues at all, Very smooth switch i didn't have to do anything just agree and they took care of everything. Drastically improved their website and added Customer Portal so I now submit meter reads there, very cheap prices. I'm also getting my sister to switch as she will save like £30 on a monthly bill. - All this just on Get A Quote page on their website.

highly recommend
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Jo. I've transferred from powershop where we had a very active community of customers exchanging views. It's always good to hear of other customers experiences be it good or bad. I become a customer on April 24th
  • Tafrock
    Options
    When did symbio provide you with your portal login details Jo. Was it before or after the account transfer
  • Jo_Hric
    Jo_Hric Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey Tafrock, After registration you are assigned Customer number which is then used for the Cportal Registration. Quite simple.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Thanks Jo

So when do you get this customer number. I have applied to switch. Had 3 or 4 emails but no customer or account number yet. Do I only get it when my old supplier has transferred my supply
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jo_Hric wrote: »
    So I have been with Symbio Energyfor last 3 months. No issues at all, Very smooth switch i didn't have to do anything just agree and they took care of everything. Drastically improved their website and added Customer Portal so I now submit meter reads there, very cheap prices. I'm also getting my sister to switch as she will save like £30 on a monthly bill. - All this just on Get A Quote page on their website.

highly recommend

After switch when did you find they took the first DD payment please.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Yes I'd like to know that too mable. When was first direct debit taken Jo
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    Options
    I had a good look at Symbio a few weeks ago and I specifically checked their Ts&Cs for a Smart meter clause and I didn’t see one.

To be honest, given their competitive tariffs, I was very surprised that the obligation to have a smart meter fitted wasn’t in their Ts&Cs;...I either missed it, or it wasn’t there at the time I checked.

However, as you quite rightly point out, the Smart meter clause is there now,...and in a very prominent position.

“8. All electricity contracts require that the site has or is fitted with an SMART meter and by entering into this contract you agree that you will allow us to install such a device (if one is not already fitted). If we are unable to fit such a device due to technical reasons then this will not alter the contractual agreement between us.”

Interesting...
    It's still there in their T&Cs

But visiting their site today, I also get the following

symbio-smart.jpg

Make of that what you will.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    That's pretty much where most companies stand on smart meters to be fair. If you have smets 1 it becomes dumb when you switch provider. Unsure how many smets 2 are installed at the moment
  • Tafrock
    Options
    It would be useful to receive feedback through this thread on existing symbio customers. How did your switch go, how good is the customer portal etc. Customer feedback seems very thin on the ground
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback