PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,169 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) School and college closed so we all had a lie in!

2) Hens OK though not pleased with the now 50cm of snow around them.

3) My brother came up (dad was taking neighbour to hospital for a minor op as dad has a 4x4 so he dropped brother off). He did plenty of sledging and playstation playing with sons.

4) Tomato soup and cheese of toast for post snow lunch then veg chilli, rice then Christmas pudding for tea!

5) Smaller son's school shut again tomorrow. My car is still stuck in a snowdrift and I haven't bothered to unearth it. Uphill neighbour tried to get his car off the car park for an hour and saw other people try and not a single car could get off! I don't know if the bus will come for bigger son (it certainly won't be doing its turney round manoeuvre on the car park!)

6) Have just done Sainsburys order for Christmas.

7) Looking forward to watching First Dates later.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    & is not long returned from enforced absence. Bit of a sod. More to come.

Ambulance left, NZ friend checked on &, 2 hwbs achieved, then further gate knocks, voice.

What??? Person announced self. & disbelieved.

17+ years is a long, long, long time.....for this. I am feeling as dkw as many, with family and other events coming suddenly and out of the blue, upending.

So, I'll post this as a pleasure, steady as she goes.

On verra, with all this may mean.
    May you be surprised by joy.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Fun day at school; we watched the KS1 nativity, which was gorgeous! (oh and did some work, whilst freezing our bits off in the chilly classroom)

2. Met a soon to be colleague and did some brainstorming of ideas for next term :)

3. The roads weren't too bad getting to school, although I did go a very long way round to take a proper, rather than single track, road.

4. The Head is opening the school later tomorrow as it's going to be scarily icy on the roads.

5. NSD

6. I'm a small step closer to the mortgage.....awaiting the Agreement in Principle, but have an idea of how much it'll be each month if I get it....

7. Big thank you to the lovely kind people who got hold of our naughty dog, who had somehow got out and was running around for nearly an hour! He was a happy chappy, as he'd been playing in the snow with some other canine chums!

8. A day closer to seeing KW, swoon! He was out on the lash today with work colleagues, so I got some fabulously tipsy messages from him :)
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    & I hope you are ok?

1 1 day done, 4 days to go, filled up with fuel as I felt a bit paranoid running around on air in this weather.

2 I came home to find DH has started on the kitchen which is an amazing surprise, let’s put it this way it’s in desperate need, he’s going to do wall by wall back to white as a base and it’s a wonderful start, he’s taken all the bits off one wall washed and made holes for wiring. So nice to have made a start.

3 Leftovers will be dinner of spag bol.

4 Ordered a microwave that I’ve been wanting for a couple of years now. Very Happy.

5 Being inside, I haven’t seen or heard a peep from the animals who don’t seem to believe in this weather.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) lift to work from mrpiano. Took longer to defrost windscreen than the drive lol
    2) a whole day of moderation. In moderation it was not
    3) lunch time meeting with my dean to congratulate me for my promotion. Grin. Ahem did I mention i’d Been promoted :rotfl:
    4) walked home. Brrr it was cold.caught up with xoh
    5) mrpiano has cooked lish supper. Then off to bed and first episode of witnes: frozen wot the provost has recommended. Such is the thing nightmares are made of mwhahaha
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    Mondays pleasures

1. Weetabix and warm milk, set me up for the not so nice walk in the pouring rain on school run.
    2. Very productive day at work
    3. Fun evening making paper chains with the little ones.
    4. Pear crumble and clotted cream for pud
    5. Skin flaying hot bath and warm jammies 😊

Gentle baby steps vjsmum, the worlds axis has tilted, this will take time xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Lovelies,

Another snow day here! Snow is still about 5 or 6 inches deep on my car! The garden looks beautiful, and our Bernease Mountain dog is right at home!

Assignment was slow going yesterday. Let's hope today's bonus day gets me more than half way. I do not want to be spending my Xmas hols finishing it off, if poss.

Yesterday

1. Quiet.

2. Being absorbed in work, without interruption.

3. Unifying the colours in my hair, by putting in some highlights.

4. Mid morning nap. (Don't tell DH!).

5. DH left work early. No Mum and Dad taxi service. Cozy evening by the fire. The Crown, Super 8, (Watching all the Stranger Things references), Kristie s Handmade Christmas, HM Baileys, Blueberry Elton Mess, and lots of tea, and quilting.

'On y va ' with the assignment! Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    & have pm'd, hope ok x

Monday pleasures,

Cold cold cold but it's winter and I, for one, enjoy the seasons.

Keeping the heating on at home, not very OS I know, but felt rough with sore sinuses so that's my excuse.

Sitting at the dining room table writing cards and watching mamma blackbird pulling up worms.

Rtc fresh cream choc buns, 2 for 39p, would have been rude not too :D

Watched and enjoyed Bancroft.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From the extremely lazy &lit....but spurred by your 'on y va', house elf, and the kindness of enquiries re:&.
    & regularly uses 'on y va' and various other bop français loathedsomes as matter of course:-)

1. Am here.

2. Sunny start.

3. Like you, Lainey, famille Merle outside, no brekkie. Have just crunched out with seedy bread and apology. Latter ignored, needless to say:-)

4. Fresh hwb.

5. Replaying what astoundingly happened back at &squat after rtn<Adbkes, which was already A Thing. 2nd Thing really has happened.
    #
    Much to do, but will do only as much as cba:-). Right now, fresh hwb is feeling rather nice.
    Fulfilling days to all.
    Fingers x'd for best mortgage news, kk - crimbo incarnate.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 5 I have paid the taxman too much money this morning. Far in excess of what he needs. And far in excess of the Go cart driver pays as well. Yet the so called Go Cart was on the box recently wanting people who are on the minimum wage to fund his exile! Avoid! Always a good thing to pay him in full though, I have peers that seem to never have any money to pay, yet have luxuries!

4 Millwright has envelope of brown with contract inside it. We will see! It is very thin so I don’t think it is stuffed! And I am not talking about new shovels either! But, I can handle it!

3 Dumped BoPsie at the Physio this morning for her poorly thumb. As it was icy, I dropped near the door, as BoP is kind and considerate! She has a new thumb protector, her third! She has scoured the town this morning and has acquired proper wobbleade from Wainfleet! More later!

2 Nite, BoP will be getting beach ready in the gym!

A Complete recording of the antics of Bop is now available on 12” vinyl!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback