Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• nabeelv
    nabeelv Posts: 107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do they offer any refer a friend offers etc? If so I would be happy to be referred and we can split the offer :)
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    Options
    Already got an Aqua card £500 limit nothing owed, applied for the cashback card and got approved straight away, lovely lol. It said the estimated credit limit will be £250, so will just wait and see what pops through the door!
  • Mc_Marty
    Mc_Marty Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    3% cashback, nice. I have the original CapitalOne World card with the flat 1% rate so thought Aqua would reject me but got offered the £500 limit.
    Savings Challenge: £27k in 2015 (#184):.............£33,094
    Total 'House Move Savings' Pot: .........................£63,530
  • andypandy1
    andypandy1 Posts: 170 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
    Options
    I would like to apply for this but I am concerned about the impact of other lenders in future seeing that I have credit from a sub prime lender. I have a good credit score and don't want to risk it being negatively impacted. Any thoughts anyone?
  • OllyM
    OllyM Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    andypandy1 wrote: »
    I would like to apply for this but I am concerned about the impact of other lenders in future seeing that I have credit from a sub prime lender. I have a good credit score and don't want to risk it being negatively impacted. Any thoughts anyone?

Lenders can't see who your accounts are with. All they can see is the fact that it's a credit card account.
  • lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just applied and have been told they'll contact me in 10 days.

Already got an Aqua card but thought I'd give it a go as a previous poster seemed to be successful.

Fingers crossed!
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    got the form to fill in today sent it off this morning while it is a low limit i'll just use it for the 100 cashback
  • michaelvintner
    Options
    KCS1503 wrote: »
    I just don't see that this is sustainable. It's a great cashback rate but surely anyone using the card sensibly (not incurring charges) will be costing them money. To cover that then I guess it means that the people who can't manage their payments end up paying for those that can.

It seems a bit unethical really - like PV solar power those that can afford to make the investment being subsidised by those that can't.

As posed above I wonder if rejections due to you not fitting their business model would damage your credit worthiness...?

:(

Remember they charge retailers for each transaction. They don't just make money from interest alone.

Even someone who repays in full every month but uses the card a lot will still be profitable for the company.
    Iva started Dec 2018.
  • michaelvintner
    Options
    Applied and have been accepted with an estimated credit limit of £500 which is more than enough. I only want it for the cash back.
    Iva started Dec 2018.
  • Mishomeister
    Mishomeister Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got £250 offered so not sure now whether want to proceed further with an application.

Has anyone of existing customers have ever tried to increase the limit and how long does it takes until you can apply for an increase?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure