NPower gas 'sculpting'

Options

Comments

• DirectDebacle
    Options
    reactor wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by that?
    Do you think how they obtained the money was anything other than theff?

After all they gave you your money back and they would not do that if it was rightfully theirs. So we have established they have no right to the money and they knew what they were doing when they took it, futhermore they have not given the money back (to me and others). So it is theft isn't it?

As things stand a debate over whether npower may have committed a criminal offence is neither here nor there. It is not what this thread is about and it won't help you receive a refund.

Ofgem are currently investigating this matter and no other authority would consider commencing another investigation until the results of the Ofgem enquiry are known.

It has been explained how I pursued a successful claim against npower and I have advised you how to start yours. I assume from your outrage that you will be fully committed to throwing your energy into claiming back that which you believe to have been wrongfully taken from you. Please let us know how you progress.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It has been explained how I pursued a successful claim against npower and I have advised you how to start yours. I assume from your outrage that you will be fully committed to throwing your energy into claiming back that which you believe to have been wrongfully taken from you. Please let us know how you progress.

Beautifully put!
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    happyflea wrote: »
    Have just received my latest Npower bills, gas and elec. Gas is SOL 8. They have *not* used any seasonal weighting which has led to my bill being larger than should be.

Last page of bill says seasonal weighting should be Sep not more than 46 primary units and Oct not more than 271. But they've charged me 837 primary units.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Does anyone know if Npower have given up seasonal weighting?

Last communication I had with them on this was 29/9/08. They sent me a draft of 'How to Work Out your Gas Bill' they were planning on sending to customers. As regards seasonal weighting it says 'This does not apply to gas tariffs where we do not apply a primary and secondary rate, e.g. prepayment, or to certain non-standard tariffs, e.g. Tracker and Sign Online v8.'

You need to find out what they are up to. A flat rate would be 381 per month does that fit in with your bill?

Last time I checked their T&C's stated that no more than 4572 would be charged in any continuous 12 month period. Make sure that remains on target for you.
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    I assume you are being charged at a flat 381 per month but as it is npower:confused: that is probably a wild guess, so best to make sure.
  • reactor_3
    reactor_3 Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Options
    As things stand a debate over whether npower may have committed a criminal offence is neither here nor there. It is not what this thread is about and it won't help you receive a refund.

Ofgem are currently investigating this matter and no other authority would consider commencing another investigation until the results of the Ofgem enquiry are known.

Whilst it may not be directly what the thread is about it is related to it IMO.
    I will persue my claim but I am actually rather more concerned about the wider issue of the legality of what Npower have done.
    Personal I have no faith whatsoever in OFGEM I consider them a waste of space.
    Infact I believe we would be better off without them they seem to be little more than partners in crime with the industry they are supposed to be regulating.
    I consider them the same as the FSA (Financial services Authority (?) or whatever)
    who I also believe were a waste of space

The finiancial services people stood by and allowed the industry to bankrupt the
    country. I believe OFGEM will do a similar thing with the energy industry, that's
    why I am concerned.

That is why I am more concerned by the wider issues, there is little point if I get my money back but am then shafted by an even bigger scam, and of course there is already one taking place with the excessive price of gas whilst energy costs worldwide have slumped - except for in the gas cartel in the UK/Europe.

Yes you may have got your £1000 or whatever back but what is the use of that
    if you are forced to pay excessive prices for gas in the future?

Futhermore if criminality is involved and it is investigated and prosecuted it will help me and many others to get a refund, infact it should make the process easier if not automatic for all involved. In that respect it is directly relevant to the thread.
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    reactor wrote: »
    Whilst it may not be directly what the thread is about it is related to it IMO.
    I will persue my claim but I am actually rather more concerned about the wider issue of the legality of what Npower have done.
    Personal I have no faith whatsoever in OFGEM I consider them a waste of space.

Yes you may have got your £1000 or whatever back but what is the use of that
    if you are forced to pay excessive prices for gas in the future?

Futhermore if criminality is involved and it is investigated and prosecuted it will help me and many others to get a refund, infact it should make the process easier if not automatic for all involved. In that respect it is directly relevant to the thread.

In some respects I agree with your views on the legal issues. See my post # 747 which shows the action I took. If you have not already done so then you should consider expressing your concerns to the appropriate authority.

This is not a soapbox thread but one attempting to help those that have been overcharged to re-claim their loss. At first sight this seems a complex and confusing issue to deal with and is made more difficult by npowers approach. Widening the thread to criminal matters or the energy market in general will only add to the confusion. This may put potential claimants off and will therefore defeat the purpose of the thread.

My success, apart from being personally good for me, showed others that npower will meet claims in full. Hopefully claimants will be encouraged by this. Furthermore the cost to npower of meeting a claim is more than they received from the overcharge. That hits them where it hurts, in the balance sheet.

If this became a criminal enquiry and a prosecution followed it would probably be over a year before a court decided the matter.

A much quicker way is to follow the County Court procedure. It took me 6 months from start to finish and no doubt can be done quicker than that.

Actions speak louder than words and if you have any queries regarding your claim then I am sure somone on here will be able to help you.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Not content with turning the rest of of the Gas and Electricity forum into the rant forum, esbo/iamesbo/reactor(whichever name he choses to use to post) is determined to pollute the most useful thread on MSE with more of his inane incoherent ramblings.
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Cardew wrote: »
    Not content with turning the rest of of the Gas and Electricity forum into the rant forum, esbo/iamesbo/reactor(whichever name he choses to use to post) is determined to pollute the most useful thread on MSE with more of his inane incoherent ramblings.

Have you ever stopped and checked out your posting history on here? You don't half moan a lot in your posts, which is surprising given the amount of flak you give others for supposedly not contributing anything positive in their posts. :confused: I think you may be spending far too much time in the land of the original credit crunch, resulting in your propensity to recognise irony vanishing...
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • savers_united
    Options
    Just to let everyone following this thread know, I have re calculated my bills and Npower have in fact overcharged me by 1800 extra kWh at the higher rate.
    I have sent a letter to their customer relations team after being told on the phone that this practice was normal, which I know for a fact is not.

Will keep you all updated as soon as I get a response from them.
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    Just to let everyone following this thread know, I have re calculated my bills and Npower have in fact overcharged me by 1800 extra kWh at the higher rate.
    I have sent a letter to their customer relations team after being told on the phone that this practice was normal, which I know for a fact is not.

Will keep you all updated as soon as I get a response from them.

Can't stop chuckling. First time they've told the truth.

saver united:"I've been checking my bills and you have overcharged me by 1800kWh at the higher rate"

npower:"Yes, that's right sir, it's our normal practice. Thank you for letting us know everything is as it should be.":rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure