Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your choice to accept the voucher, but you're right you are entitled to cash. Contact them refusing the vouchers and insist on the cash.
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your choice to accept the voucher, but you're right you are entitled to cash. Contact them refusing the vouchers and insist on the cash.

Thanks, that's good to know.

To be honest, though, providing the voucher is genuine, I will probably keep it and have a much cheaper holiday!
  • adonis10
    Options
    I have recently been awarded compensation for a delayed flight from LGW to Larnaca back in Aug 2012 and want to ensure that the reply and voucher is genuine. I submitted a claim on Friday 6th and by Saturday 7th it had been resolved and a voucher for £900 issued. This seems far too quick for my liking and I would have expected TC to at least try to get out of settling.

What is the best way to check whether it is genuine or a scam?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say that is quick, especially for TC. Given your delay was Aug 2012 I am surprised didn't bluff, obfuscate and procrastinate until you ran out of time for a claim in 4 months. (6 yeras limit)
    There is a slim i could be a scam, so be wary of giving bank details. I would insist on cash and insist on a cheque for payment.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • adonis10
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    I have to say that is quick, especially for TC. Given your delay was Aug 2012 I am surprised didn't bluff, obfuscate and procrastinate until you ran out of time for a claim in 4 months. (6 yeras limit)
    There is a slim i could be a scam, so be wary of giving bank details. I would insist on cash and insist on a cheque for payment.

Yeah, I think it is a scam. Far too quick and easy for my liking.

I don't intend to give bank details but don't see why they would be needed for a voucher, anyway.

Going to call TC customer relations to see if it is genuine.
  • Liz_Webb
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this Forum.

I had a 5 hour delay with them in October 2012 and just had a company call up to say they will fight my case of my behalf for a no win no fee case, but if successful will charge 30% fee plus Vat plus Admin fee per person.

I did put a claim in myself in 2012 but this was rejected as i had a staff discount as i was a Travel Advisor for them in a Travel Agency, they said i would not get compensation due to this. A lot of family members travelling with me did get compensation. This company said they should not have rejected the claim just because i worked for them at the time.

Is it worth going thru the company that called me or is it right they rejected my claim?

Would be grateful if anyone was an employee with them and had a flight delay and got compensation or can help in any way?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    The regulations state " To qualify for compensation, each passenger needs to have paid a fare available to the
    general public" What do you think?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Liz_Webb wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this Forum.

I had a 5 hour delay with them in October 2012 and just had a company call up to say they will fight my case of my behalf for a no win no fee case, but if successful will charge 30% fee plus Vat plus Admin fee per person.

I did put a claim in myself in 2012 but this was rejected as i had a staff discount as i was a Travel Advisor for them in a Travel Agency, they said i would not get compensation due to this. A lot of family members travelling with me did get compensation. This company said they should not have rejected the claim just because i worked for them at the time.

Is it worth going thru the company that called me or is it right they rejected my claim?

Would be grateful if anyone was an employee with them and had a flight delay and got compensation or can help in any way?

I think you should name and shame that claims handling company.
    The regulations state " To qualify for compensation, each passenger needs to have paid a fare available to the
    general public" What do you think?

It is funny that every year, Jet2 run a Xmas calendar competition and give flights away, I recall posting I hope I don’t win because if I was delayed, that I wouldn’t be able to make a claim!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think you'll be on Jet2'sXmas card list, nor Tyzap !!!55357;!!!56832;
  • Paulcox741
    Paulcox741 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have had my claim rejected by TC and CEDR (despite someone else having theirs accepted).

Delay was 5 hours but they've managed to somehow justify 2 hours and 5 minutes were due to extraordinary circumstances. Miraculously taking the delay down to just under the limit 2hr 55mins.

However, I think they've taken the final time from the time we landed rather than the time the doors opened. I'm going to take this down the small claims court route but wondered if there is anywhere I can double check?

Flight is MT2929 5/8/17. I logged the flight landing time as 11:20 with doors opening at 11:30. They've logged it as 11:25.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure