boots 75% off????

Options

Comments

• mikki2d
    mikki2d Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Popped in to Braehead at lunchtime yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find they still had loads of stock. Got most of my female Christmas gifts for this year but there wasn't much for men at all. The SA was fab and happily put everything through (at her own suggestion!) in £5ish lots so I got the max blinkies then suggested items I could get from No7 that would cost very little.
  • Ally
    Ally Posts: 5,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm quite shocked with the Boots "75% off sale" this year. I went to Woolwich store and was told all the stock had been moved to Bromley (a larger store) and that Woolwich will not be stocking any sale items. O/H went to Bromley and said there was hardly anything there. Eltham had one shelf of stock, well, one shelf of R&M vanity cases. Went to Crayford today and all they had was port and mince pies gift set, condom sets and photo frames :confused:

I had stocked my online trolley but would it let me order ... NO! It's all very frustrating!
    I can say whatever I like here ... 'cos no one can see me .. ner ner ner ner ner !!!....

How do you know I ain't sitting here butt naked?!?!

I thunk I've made you think for a minute!
    :j :rotfl: :j
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Scotpei wrote: »

My husband finally got to speak to cs and told that all orders from the sale have been cancelled. The sale has been cancelled until further notice and they do not know if, at all, the sale will come back on the website. If it does then it will be first come first serve basis..

I placed an order yesterday and received it this afternoon - i didn't pay extra for next day delivery either. I hope other people get their orders too.
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    Ally wrote: »
    I'm quite shocked with the Boots "75% off sale" this year. I went to Woolwich store and was told all the stock had been moved to Bromley (a larger store) and that Woolwich will not be stocking any sale items. O/H went to Bromley and said there was hardly anything there. Eltham had one shelf of stock, well, one shelf of R&M vanity cases. Went to Crayford today and all they had was port and mince pies gift set, condom sets and photo frames :confused:

I had stocked my online trolley but would it let me order ... NO! It's all very frustrating!

Bromley did have loads as i was there at 9.10 on the first day of the 75% sale

if you can get to it swanley has lots of bits and pieces
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • pearsoneys
    pearsoneys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    Options
    room512 wrote: »
    I placed an order yesterday and received it this afternoon - i didn't pay extra for next day delivery either. I hope other people get their orders too.

hello. can you just tell me if you were given a date. i just said free standard delivery but it said tuesday im guessing that meant the earliest it would be here. thanks. x
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    could anyone let me know if they have seen the cristina aguleria (???) inspire perfume sets- DD2 wants one for B'day & they are no longer on the website.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • Grizzly2002
    Options
    I placed my order after endless complications at about 6am yesterday morning. Firstly i filled my basket then went to checkout, this is when i got the generic message and all my items emptied out of my basket. I refilled and finally got through checkout about an hour after i started. I paid for next day delivery at an extra cost of £5.38 due to been at work Monday when the normal delivery would have been. I have sat all day today awaiting my delivery.....i did get the order confirmation email and the order despatched email with tracking numbers. At 5pm i rang Boots to be told my delivery has been despatched but is running a day late on delivery. I have been fortunate to have had my order go through, i spent over £100, and saved over £300. Birthdays and Christmas all sorted for 2009. They have refunded my delivery charge and told me they didnt think the sale would come back online! A shame really as so many people have been waiting for this and been let down big style. I went to my nearest store yesterday approx 20 miles away outside York and the sales shelves were virtually empty. Only stock left was Xmas wrap, and mince pie and port sets. Basically all the crap stuff. Good luck to anyone still awaiting delivery, and i have sympathy for all those who either couldnt place an order or have since had their order cancelled.
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pearsoneys wrote: »
    hello. can you just tell me if you were given a date. i just said free standard delivery but it said tuesday im guessing that meant the earliest it would be here. thanks. x

i was given a date of monday! then i had an email just before midnight last night saying it had been despatched. i tracked the parcel, saw it had been put on the van this morning and got it about 2pm this afternoon. i'd spent the whole night thinking it was going to be cancelled (went to bed before the email arrived). really pleased as my brother has paid for it all as an early birthday present - spent just over £40 mostly on hair and elle products.
  • Julzed
    Julzed Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ooo having a little bit of a panic now - I placed my order at 3.06am (which went through without any hitches) and it has been stuck on processing since about 10am yesterday morning.

I started off hopeful when reading that peoples orders (placed after mine) were being despatched, but then read that some were being cancelled because payments werent going through, Im wishing I hadn't used hubbys credit card to pay - I'm stressing I might have put the wrong number (or details) in or something. :mad:

I dont want to ring them because I know they must be totally rushed off their feet (plus I dont want to hear my order has been cancelled:( )

I've not been able to get out to any boots stores and I know all the ones local to me have nothing left.

Anyhoo - just wanted to get that all of my chest - still keeping my fingers crossed!!
    Tara the Jack Russell, gone to the bridge 5 February 2014. :( Welcomed Toby & Tilly the Labrador-Daschund crossbreeds from Serbia 24 April 2014. Thank you to Serbia's Forgotten Paws for them :)
  • bogof_queen_2
    Options
    hit the boots sale at 9am yesterday. store was pretty quiet and i could hear people on the phones spreading the sale around. found some brilliant stuff from , sanctuary, ruby and millie, no7 etc. got as much as my poor arms could carry and arrived to the office with my prized possesions. Then caused utter mayhem where nearly half the office legged it out the door in the hope of grabbing a bargain. they all came back laden with stuff (but not as good as mines). went back at 2pm and still a few things left but most of the big brands had gone. even so it was starting to look chaotic in the store as more and more people heard about the sale. came back to work again and was told off by my management for being the cause of a huge dip in pruductivity.lol! had to guard my santuary holdall all afternoon though as it was in danger of being kidnapped by my envious colleagues !
    Oh and to rub it in as well, i spent near enough £150 all paid for with my boots points which i had been saving all year for this event !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure