Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread, Chris, as well as the lovely chart. Congratulations Gtq on earning the coveted SOTW accolade.

The one thing I hate about Monday WI is that I am starting day 1 of a new challenge with +0.2lbs. :(

Hello, OxfordGirl.

I am not loosing weight for Christmas but for me & my mobility.
    Me too, beanie. I need to get back in control of my choices to do this.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All
    Sorry but it's a +1lb
    My food intake sadly did not balance my walking, still fresh start, although it is my birthday next month and dd loves to bake a cake so might be a slight blip, would love to get into the next stone bracket by then.
    Thanks for the chart chrisv
    Well done gtq :T
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Can I come back and join you all please?
    Life just got busier than normal over the last few months, and has been so hectic I have struggled to get online at times, and no time to concentrate on myself. Life is still busy, but I need to do this for me.
    Never quit SW but I have been gradually gaining (wouldn't have been gradual if I had quit). Currently at a total loss of 3 stone 5.
    Would be nice to be at 4 stone by Christmas, although maybe a tad optimistic, but I'll go for it and set my target for the challenge at 9lb.

Weigh in tonight, and don't expect a good start to the challenge, as I've been away for a long weekend, all expenses paid, with very few healthy options.

Back at work today and back on plan.
    Breakfast - SW quiche
    Lunch - LO stir fry and noodles
    Dinner - Taster night at SW, so will graze at that, and if still hungry I'll have some porridge when I get home.
    Snacks - fruit, SF jelly, popcorn

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats?
    Syns - jelly (0.5), popcorn (2.5)

I know the syns are low, but believe me, I've eaten todays syns the other day!
    Zebras rock
  • OxfordGirl
    Options
    Morning All,
    Thank you for the warm welcome! [FONT=&quot]:)[/FONT]
    My normal weigh in is on Mondays, however couldn’t go last night so will pop down to another group tonight. Not feeling very hopeful as had a very naughty weekend [FONT=&quot]:([/FONT]
    Really hope that this challenge will help me to stay on track and get me to the target before Christmas! Fingers crossed!
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Good Luck Everyone :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Can I come back and join you all please?

You bet you can!!:D Lovely to 'see' you.:j

I don't know how anyone copes with a Monday morning WI. I'd hate that although I suppose it does concentrate the mind over the weekend. Good luck for tonight Oxford Girl and that was a very, very small gain greentiger considering your week with the family could have caught up. :)

I'm having an almost SP day today. I know there are 2 small potatoes in with the LO veg but other than that it'll be SP. I'm not fussed about the extra HEB anyway, if it was a HEA for cheese than I'd be more disciplined.

Today's EE/SP plan:
    L: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk, half banana
    L: ham, fried LO veg (inc. 2 potatoes), pickles
    D: cottage pie with swede & carrot topping, cauli, broccoli, kale
    Syns: syrup 2.5
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I lost another 1lb for the last challenge.

But to be honest, I'm disappointed in myself as I was on course for more (midweek WI suggested 3.5) but I had a bit of a binge on Sat :( and a takeaway on Sun.

I'm joining a group! Think I need the guilt of a public weigh in/shaming.

Voucher for free membership in Bella (out today) and it's on tomorrow afternoon.

I'm very scared, but I need to do something.

Put me down for 10lb please. Hoping knowing people will know if I've had a bad week will shame me into behaving myself!!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back kathrynha. As you know everyone is welcome back whenever it suits them. Hopefully life will be a bit easier for you now and you can concentrate on YOU. Good luck with WI.

I'm like Maman in that I couldn't cope with a Monday WI! I usually have a quick look at my weight on a Monday morning but didn't this week as wasn't home until lunchtime so had already eaten so no point as it wouldn't be like for like, iykwim.

Good luck TopGirl. Thanks for posting the info about the free membership in Bella - that could be useful for others on the thread. There won't be any shaming in group but I think you're probably right that it'll help concentrate your mind. No need to be scared about going everyone is friendly but I can understand how you feel - took me 3 weeks between deciding to join and actually going!

Today's plan:

B - porridge made with water, frozen raspberries (HEB)
    L - HM minestrone from freezer
    D - Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages, mash & veg. Might make some syn free onion gravy to go with it otherwise I'll not bother with gravy and just make some with granules for DH. Raspberries & natural Skyr

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - NONE!

Denise
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Only just realised today's plan is actually a Green day! So if I'm peckish this evening I could have a couple of crackers and some cheese:D and a Hifi bar! But hopefully won't need anything so will save a few calories even though they could legitimately be included without adding syns.

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,496 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Welcome back kathrynha. As you know everyone is welcome back whenever it suits them. Hopefully life will be a bit easier for you now and you can concentrate on YOU. Good luck with WI.

Pinshed from Denise :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure