May 2012 Brides (and Grooms) + Diary of a 2012 Bride

Options
xtinkersx
xtinkersx Posts: 355 Forumite
edited 26 February 2011 at 11:08PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Well as my weddings been booked for nearly a year I thought id start this up for fellow May 2012's and also somewhere I can keep myself sane/feel like Im offloading ! Hope thats ok :)

So I now have 496 days to go!! Eeek its scary when I think it started at double that :o It really is coming round fast before we know it it will e xmas time and then OUR year!!
19th May is our 7 year anniversary which is why we chose the date, we would have married sooner but financially it wouldnt have been possible to have the day we want and the 2 arrivals also prevented that!

Starting the gym soon to shift the rest of the 6 stone - 2 1/2 more to loose woop woop then bk to pre preg/ 18 yrs old weight haha but got some serious toning up to do :( my 2 best friends/ bridesmaids are also being my gym buddies to keep me on track which is absolutely fab and im really looking forward to it!!

So to do list and check list:

Done
  • Booked venue
  • Started saving (oopps dipped in and bought a new tv so got some making up to do!)
  • Chose bridesmaids
  • Chose colour scheme
  • Got candy bar vases/jars
  • Got Save the date magnets (twice coz 1st lot hadnt booked so no date!)
  • Got Thankyou gifts for x5 bridesmaids and pageboy
  • Got some centrepiece stuff (not having your typical one so tricky to track down Ebay is my golden star at the moment!) JUST ORDERED REST OF CENTREPIECE STUFF
  • Got flip flops + basket
  • Got male favours x2 and boxes
  • Got all lady favour bits - x9 dif things + bags + labels
  • Got sweety bags + labels
  • Got all matching thankyous
  • Got stationary bits
  • GOT ALL CHILDRENS BITS (X11 THINGS)
  • Got cake sorted (me)
  • Got music sorted for walking in/meal/first dance
  • Booked photog paid depo
  • Booked chair covers paid depo
  • Booked entertainment paying depo next week
  • Chose flowers ready to buy
  • BOOKED LIMO
  • BOOKED MAKEUP LADY
  • STARTED GYM
  • GOT ALL STATIONARY
  • GOT ALL EXTRAS

To do:
  • September me and girls order dresses
  • Feb- boys get suits
  • Get sweets
  • Pay everyone
Hmmm think thats it but im sure when the folders out tomorrow theyll be something to add!!

Woop woop got sooooooooooooooooo much done this last 2 weeks cant believe my extra bits list is now downt to bits that can only be purchased next year only 448 days left be bored soon!
Marrying the love of my life May19th 2012
** 52lbs Down!! 32lbs to go**

Comments

• xtinkersx
    Options
    ANyone else booked for May?? Am I a loner lol

Got my last bit for the lady favours today so going to make up tomorrow and see what like when all together :)

Anyone else get ngativity about getting wed off family or friends??

My sister came round other day, shes meant to be my moh but she really isnt interested at all since weve announced the days booked shes been funny about it and then she said that she doesnt see the point in getting married these days as its just as easy to get divorced. I asked why she was engaged if she thought that and her response was "for commitment but we have always said we would never get married theres no point" I said i could kinda see her point but where there are kids you have more of a reason to marry it made me feel a bit sad and then when i mentioned to my mum she agreed that alot of people these days do just engaged for the sake of it/commitment but I said we got engaged to get married.

no one seems to be fussed tbh even ohs mum hasnt even acknowledged it even when i gave her a std magnet at xmas she just went oh right and put it in her bag?!!

Now i know when i meet up with 2 best friends (also my bms) i get all excited tlaking about wedding things as they let me and get excited too!!
  • katini
    katini Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've just booked our wedding! 12th May 2012

We booked it and paid the deposit this afternoon. We will be getting married at Bilsington Priory Estate in Kent.

So excited!!
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    As of this morning I am now a May 2012 bride too! I was June before but the venue we'd chosen was just AWFUL and we reached the point where we just couldn't trust them to provide the day we wanted so we decided we were better off switching. We had no back up venue but luckily we went to a wedding fayre today and it was just perfect. They actually have a dedicated wedding planner unlike the previous venue & are a lot more accommodating. Feels like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders, I'm so happy!
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • abis21
    abis21 Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Oh bluefire, i'm glad you got sorted and changed venue!! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted since i changed venues. Even managed to get our deposit back from the original venue, so that was fab news.

Had a little chat with the new venue yesterday and we were soooooo impressed! Makes all the difference when yr happy with it all.

Where are you having it now? Is it still in a barn? xx
    :love: Married my lobster in July 2011 :love:

TTC # 2 since Oct 2011 - good things come to those who wait :o

:dance: 2013 is going to be our lucky year :dance:
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Tell me about it abis21, I've felt so much happier today now it's all sorted. We're having it at a hotel, but as luck would have it they have a converted barn which is separate to the rest of the building which will be all ours for the day! The wedding co-ordinator (which is something our previous venue didn't even have) is very on the ball & has already e-mailed us to confirm our provisional booking. They're really accommodating too, nothing we mentioned wanting was a problem & they've even said we don't have to cater 100% in the evening too which is fantastic!

What do you think, isn't it beautiful?

themill.jpg
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • xtinkersx
    Options
    its beautiful!!

So i back onto centrepieces today my tables are being named after rides of the place we met as i wanted to name them after them and centrepieces have drove me nuts for months and i didnt want your typical flower floating in a fish bowl so i have been ttracking stuff down to make this work there very different! i have 2 things so far which have cost me £2 each off ebay!!

One of them is alice in wonderland and omg some of the stuff ive found online is out of tis world amazing an dmaking me want to theme it around that now!!
  • xtinkersx
    Options
    Well my wedding folder will now not come on as it jst upsets me too much.

Last night my nanna was found dead :( her names all in the wedding book on the table plan the invites etc so i dont want to even go in there incase i see it. im devastated even more so as she loves a good party and she was probably the only person who was excited about me and oh getting wed and now shes not going to be there to see it.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Thats so sad...and I know your feelings at the moment will be very raw...in time you'll get back to planning the wedding...just the way your nanna would have wanted....and keep her memory alive by including something of her in your day...that way whilst she wont be there ...she will be in spirit....

Dont alter your wedding book in any way...why dont you think about having a candle at the wedding or reception that can burn in her absence...
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • xtinkersx
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Thats so sad...and I know your feelings at the moment will be very raw...in time you'll get back to planning the wedding...just the way your nanna would have wanted....and keep her memory alive by including something of her in your day...that way whilst she wont be there ...she will be in spirit....

Dont alter your wedding book in any way...why dont you think about having a candle at the wedding or reception that can burn in her absence...

thankyou for your kind words im trying to keep m head busy at the moment so thought id come bk here :)

I have seen these candles with peoples names on and a friend of a friend sells them so Im definetly going to see about getting one with my nan and grandad on and also in the programme maybe.
    it just makes me sad that (as you may have read in my previous posts) no one seems interested but she was so thats hurting a the moment as i know she would have been asking about the wedding when i saw her etc . thanks again x
  • katini
    katini Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your Nanna, xtinkersx. I think LJEC's idea is lovely and would mean that she was still a part of your day.

I know you feel rubbish about the fact that it appears that no one is interested about your wedding but we all are so you can keep telling us about it until you're sick of hearing it yourself!! I think as the day approaches people will get more keen to know things but as I am experiencing too, people's interest has sort of waned after the initial engagement period and short of wanting to know when it is, they have put it to the back of their minds. Obviously for us it's a really important event in our lives but not everyone will have the same level of interest because they will only be guests. It's probably even worse for you because you've been waiting nearly seven years! At least you've got your friends to tell everything to. I'm sure your sister has her reasons for being negative towards it and it may have more to do with they can't get married or something similar at the moment rather than they've chosen not to.

Hope that makes sense. Don't let these events stop you from experiencing all the joy of the planning and thinking about 19th May 2012. I hope you're ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure