🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

May 2012 Brides (and Grooms) + Diary of a 2012 Bride

Options

Comments

• xtinkersx
    Options
    Today we said Good bye for the last time, but it was a lovely day <3

Back onto wedding as today it started being discussed!
    I have now accquired another bridesmaid! My younger cousin who I was out with at the weekend! I wanted to ask but again I didnt want to do the "can you buy your own dress" so i thought i would leave for a bit. Then she mentioned it said was fine about the dress so I have now gone from 1 bm and flowergirl to 5 bms and a flowergirl haha!

I now ave another problem boggling my head-the church vs the hotel AGAIN!!
    I always wanted to marry at our local church just round the corner, both my children were christened there, its gorgeous and the father is so nice-he also did my nans funeral today. BUT the cost was £600+ something I didnt really want to add to the pay list!
    So we settled for marrying at the hotel with loads of pluses- all being in one venue, its only 20 ish minute ceremony and theres no signing etc the things not everyone likes!
    But my mum mentioned when she went to see the Father about the funeral last week he mentioned the cost of weddings to her and she said about me getting wed and not being able to do it there as the cost etc. To which he replied "well has she been to see me about gettting the cost down?"

HAGGLING WITH A VICAR HAHA!! I would never dream of it.
    So now I dont know what to do??!! Im so puzzled!
    Marrying the love of my life May19th 2012
    ** 52lbs Down!! 32lbs to go**
  • vh122
    vh122 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    @ Bluefire

The venue looks amazing!!! MY engagement hall is similiar but not as nice!
  • vh122
    Options
    may i ask.. have u got tables there.. and if so what are your centre pieces like?
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    vh122 wrote: »
    may i ask.. have u got tables there.. and if so what are your centre pieces like?
    We will have tables, 6 in total I think. Haven't decided on centrepieces yet but I quite like these: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_304029402082_-1?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS

We're allowed candles so I plan on having plenty, even if it's going to be daylight when they're lit!
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • vh122
    Options
    oo thats pretty!!
  • xtinkersx
    Options
    I have booked makeup today she knocked £70 quid off as theres 4 of us and i wasnt payong 350+ for makeup! but as im not getting the girls dresses im paying for this so thats good
    Oh has just askerd about the church vs hotel thing but i actually think im set on the hotel!! :o last yr if we were here now i would have said the church hands down no questions but after talking myself round i seem to have stuck, i think its the shortness of the service tbh coz oh is dreding doing ANY speaking on the day plus i dont fancy standing in church at the front for so long either and i can imagine my family being bored and the kids going mad like at the christenings haha.
    But now because ive ended up with 4 bridesmaids we cant stay at the hotel the night before so oh and ds will stay there and ill stya home with the girls but il have to get a car grrrrr too many things now i was right on track!! and i could do with changing entertainment asap so oh stops making horrid comments about the guy we booked!! men!
  • xtinkersx
    xtinkersx Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Ohhh the makeup artist rang me today and was asking about times and things and it gave me butterflies!! ive never had that before it was so strnage but got me mega excited!! :D
  • vh122
    Options
    ahhhhh omg this talk gets me so excitd!! i cant waitt!
  • xtinkersx
    Options
    Had a right good wedding week this week :)

Woke up on Thursday to a lovely email (not) off the chair people telling em they couldnt do them now!!!!! Panic overdrive emailing everyone in the area that came up on google. thankfully a lovely very helpful (better then previous) came to my rescue. she was alot more then the originals but shes doing free top and cake table swag and even free table runners! Meeting her at a wedding fayre in a couple of weeks :)

Found flowers the other day too. was once again for the millionth time looking for my gerberas as my sites gone from £1.50 to £2.10 per stem!! but i have fallen head over for a gorgeous white rose and hot pink detail bouquet! completly different to what i had in mind and not matching so the plan is : me: white rose bouquet, flowergirl:white and pink rose petals (also scattered on cake table) bms and men:gerbera buttonholes to match stationary.
    i think that should tie together then :)

also got the invite blanks the other day alot smaller then i thought but will diy them up good! guestbook came and the rest of the lady and mens favours. they are completed now the nail files came just need something chocolatty to add to them both but will wait till val day next year.

My other nan is in hos at the moment she went in with suspected internal bleeding and kidney failure but its now come about she may have bone marrow cancer :( theyve managed to get her blood back up and her kidneys functioning a bit and shes got a biopsy in the morning. keeping all crossed she'll be ok xxx
  • vh122
    Options
    Hope your nan is ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing