PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    My champagne moment today will be having a hair treatment and a long shower and using my new body souffle lotion afterwards.

I'm just listening to music on YouTube, Beyonce - Halo.
    Wednesday I think scruffy old men say what they think so I am sure that was a genuine compliment so go you.

Haha.:)
    Caterina wrote: »
    Talking about using fabric instead of paper. I had some fabric that I cut in squares to use instead of paper hankies. The other day I was out with my son and blew my nose in one such cloth. My son looked amused and said: "is that the pillowcase you blowing your nose in?" I'd forgotten, it was his childhood pillowcase, indeed! We had a good laugh!

:rotfl:
  • mrs_slapshot
    Options
    LL I'm sorry to hear your sad news - and yes you are absolutely right, the time is NOW. We should all remember that - wear the clothes, use the crockery, live a little.

My small champagne moment today was a lovely bath tonight using a bath bomb from my secret santa gift. I still have a face pack, foot pack, scented candle and truffles left!

Happy Christmas everyone - take it easy and look after yourselves.

:santa2:
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    My champagne moment was going to the supermarket this morning and finding plenty of spaces in the car park and no long queues at the tills.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: Luxury.

My champagne moment was, despite planning to go shopping today, after looking in the cupboards, fridge and freezer deciding .......yaaaaay I don't NEED anything. Don't have to go anywhere or do anything in particular.

As my Late husband used to say "Nothing is spoiling".

Just had a lovely hot bath with magnesium salts, feel looser and more supple. My knee is a bit bruised from a particularly "invigorating:rotfl:" acupuncture session so applied some arnica.

Going to do some tidying up, and then a nice leisurely couple of days before the onslaught of family at Christmas.

It will be fun they said:rotfl:

Actually I adore Christmas, love the razzamatazz, the corny TV, the fun and frolics, drawing my friends and family near, just chilling and spending time with the people I love the most.

However, Already my thoughts are turning to 2019, scheming and plotting, making plans, dreaming dreams.

I'm going to do my level best to make it a great year.

In the words of the Gordon's Gin Advert.....

"Let's Get This Party Started". :D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :xmassmile

Wishing you all A Very Merry Christmas. :xmastree:
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all, hopefully a few champagne moments over the period. Actually, prefer Prosecco!

We might use the one bottle of posh champagne left from our 50th do least year. OH doesn't like it - a beer or good whisky/whiskey man.

Bought a bottle of Tesco's own coffee liqueur yesterday to try to emulate Prezzo's cocktail which I had yesterday. Fab-u-lous!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I'm having a cuppa, my tipple of choice, and enjoying a quiet moment as children/grandchildren have all gone out for some fresh air. I love them all but a few minutes of silence before I start clearing up the breakfast mayhem is very, very welcome and better than champagne, for me anyway.
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I have just read it all the way through and have subscribed to it.
    I love the idea of champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget. I'm always trying to make the best use of the resources that I have and make things stretch without too much of a compromise. Its nice to be able to have the little treats now and then.
    I'll be following with interest.
    Happy Christmas one and all :)
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    I know I'm a bit late but I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and / or Happy Holidays!

I'm currently doing the minimalist game. It goes on for 30 days and your goal is to declutter. On day 1 your declutter 1 item. On day 2 your declutter 2 and so on. So far it's going great :) Although I can already see myself struggling on day 30 haha
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know I'm a bit late but I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and / or Happy Holidays!

I'm currently doing the minimalist game. It goes on for 30 days and your goal is to declutter. On day 1 your declutter 1 item. On day 2 your declutter 2 and so on. So far it's going great :) Although I can already see myself struggling on day 30 haha

Oh, I like the idea of that game! I wonder if I can get OH to play! :cool:

Maybe if I suggest 12days and starting after Epiphany.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback