PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    MandM90 wrote: »
    Last night I did some 'yoga with Adriene' on YouTube in the living room, by the light of the Christmas tree and some scented candles. Then a hot bubble bath with a digital library book on the iPad. Felt very luxurious and was all rosy and pink after. Practically free!
    Sounds brilliant. I will be stealing this :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Had a wonderful day visiting Chatsworth.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Had a wonderful day visiting Chatsworth.

Sorry that was so brief......I was shattered.

Yesterday was lovely. They decorate the house for Christmas and it's always spectacular. It is our annual treat, not cheap but we love it. As many of our little family go as can, unfortunately my younger son couldn't make it this year. We also splurge for lunch in the posh restaurant. Unfortunately we are all struggling with tummy problems at the moment but still we had a wonderful day.This years theme was Fairy Tales. The house looked beautiful.

I have decided that as part of my Champagne Lifestyle on a budget, I will treat myself and become a Friend of Chatsworth next year. Then I can go as often as I like. I am also going to rejoin the National Trust. Once the annual memberships are paid then the visits are free. We have a lot of beautiful country houses in our neck of the woods. I love visiting them and they make a really nice day out.

Today I'm taking it easy, going to give myself a mini spa treatment after a leisurely brunch. Then tonight my youngest son and his girl are taking me out to dinner at my favourite restaurant.

I'm being spoilt rotten......:rotfl: I love it. :D.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good for you for joining National Trust. I have English Heritage membership and i think it is one of those champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget things. I love being able to have impromptu family trips knowing its all paid for.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For those of you thinking about yoga but would struggle with it being floor based, have you thought about tai chi? I've been doing it for just over a year and really enjoy it. It's quite gentle in that you only push your body as far as it will allow, but over time I've found I'm becoming more flexible and can nearly touch my toes. The people I do it with are really friendly and the sort of tai chi I do (taoist) there's no 'belts' or anything competitive about it.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• butterfly2507
    Options
    MandM90 wrote: »
    Last night I did some 'yoga with Adriene' on YouTube in the living room, by the light of the Christmas tree and some scented candles. Then a hot bubble bath with a digital library book on the iPad. Felt very luxurious and was all rosy and pink after. Practically free!

Oh I love her yoga videos! But even the easiest videos makes me feel like I'm not flexible AT ALL. :rotfl:
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    We have boycotted the National Trust for several years. Got treated really badly on a visit and it was pretty obvious it was racially motivated. We wouldn't have gone in after the performance when we tried to pay but we were meeting people inside. It was the most embarrassing and humiliating experience of my life. I know people will say it was only one volunteer but the other staff/volunteers turned away and wouldn't get involved. Other customers were laughing, probably as it was so embarrassing but in the moment you feel they are laughing at you. Horrible experience.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    We have boycotted the National Trust for several years. Got treated really badly on a visit and it was pretty obvious it was racially motivated. We wouldn't have gone in after the performance when we tried to pay but we were meeting people inside. It was the most embarrassing and humiliating experience of my life. I know people will say it was only one volunteer but the other staff/volunteers turned away and wouldn't get involved. Other customers were laughing, probably as it was so embarrassing but in the moment you feel they are laughing at you. Horrible experience.

Goodness, that is awful, you should have complained if you thought that whatever happened had racial overtones, that is unacceptable. Were you members?

We have just joined and have already had our money's worth as each visit would cost £15 per person.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

That's very unfortunate. I hope you took it further so that the guilty party was dealt with appropriately.

It's a shame you let one rude, ignorant moron spoil your future enjoyment of NT properties. I'm sure NT management would have wanted to know if one of their volunteers was behaving badly or being rude.

Well a nice champagne evening with my youngest son and his girl last night. A very nice meal, in great company. The venue was beautifully decorated for Christmas and I wore my new blue velvet dress. Felt like a duchess.

I have also treated myself to a heated sofa throw. Lovely and cosy. Perfect for all those Hygge evenings.
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    We didn't take it to national level but the local property weren't interested. It still upsets me to think of it. I couldn't go into one of their properties again, I couldn't enjoy it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback