PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Zeus sounds like a right headcase. Bless him. :rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zeus sounds like a right headcase. Bless him. :rotfl:

Hopefully his op will soon settle him .He doesn't know what to do with himself at the mo :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    <<hugs>> to anyone that needs one, it's difficult time of year for so many folk and the dark days and horrible weather don't help.
    Foul weather here so simple of "champagne moments" of enjoying being toasty from the stove and finally finishing writing the Christmas cards that need posting.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2018 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Ooh sounds exciting. I do this. I found a website called Justlastseason. They sell Jacques Verte, Dash, Eastex and P r e c i s.

I do very well with Jacques Vertes, their sizing seems right for me and the lengths are right too. They do some really great discounts.

I used this site but as far as I know it has now closed. The JV one is still in operation
    HTH
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Champagne moment: husband is staying with a friend for a week. Friend is divorced, works night shifts only, has a 90-minute commute, has his 15-year old daughter living with him, his twin boys live mostly with their mother. The daughter has no wardrobe, as there are no funds, and friend has no car. Husband went to ikea and bought a three-door wardrobe, which he then spent a whole day assembling (without my help, as he gleefully pointed out :rotfl:). This purchase/gift has no impact on our daily bread, so I am very glad we can help out.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How kind Seibrie, big hugs LL. My hubby loves Christmas, or Chrimbo as he often calls it.
  • Eyeore
    Eyeore Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to pop by and send virtual hugs to LL, it is a difficult time of year so be kind to yourself. Also to all who are unwell, I wish you speedy recoveries!

Champagne moments for me this past week have knowing I have made the right decision in moving back, my friends all rallying round and taking my niece and nephew out for lunch! Am very happy and content.

Wishing you all a happy week ahead :-)
    2019, move forward with positivity! I am the opposite of Eyeore :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone..,,,just waiting for my lunch to cook so thought I'd catch up.

Thanks for all your hugs and well wishes. Not 100 per cent yet but feel a lot better. Apart from an IBS attack, dodgy fish.....I'll spare you the details....:rotfl:

Champagne moments.....a nice blue sky this morning and much warmer. Went shopping. Both trees up and decorated.

This afternoon, going to write Christmas cards whilst watch a soppy film. :rotfl:
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    ((Hugs)) to people feeling ill. I felt a bit ill yesterday after going out but feel fine now.
    candygirl wrote: »
    I was just having a lovely hot shower, n Zeus jumped in with me :eek::rotfl: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at him, at the mo:rotfl: He's in front of the fire now with his little towelling poncho on :D

How cute!:rotfl:
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Champagne moment: husband is staying with a friend for a week. Friend is divorced, works night shifts only, has a 90-minute commute, has his 15-year old daughter living with him, his twin boys live mostly with their mother. The daughter has no wardrobe, as there are no funds, and friend has no car. Husband went to ikea and bought a three-door wardrobe, which he then spent a whole day assembling (without my help, as he gleefully pointed out :rotfl:). This purchase/gift has no impact on our daily bread, so I am very glad we can help out.

That is very nice of him.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Wednesday.......hope your hangover eases off soon.:rotfl::rotfl:

Sheila.....often wonder how your dear husband is getting on. Hope he is keeping as well as possible, and you too my dear. It's very hard for you both.

Eyore. How lovely that you are so happy with your decision to move back. Onwards and upwards. Next year will be fab.

Siebre.....what a lovely thing for your husband to do. You must be so proud of him.

Hope you are all having a lovely day. Now that the tree is up and the decorations are done I am starting to feel a lot more Christmassy. I have got lots of nice treats booked for this week so I have to get better ASAP.

So now going to rest with a cuppa and then get the cards done.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback