PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• chocolatelover93
    Options
    Just in case anyone was wondering I found this link re. how long to keep bills:

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/money-made-easy/how-to-organise-your-household-filing/
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Quick pop in :D

DH & I carried on in the garage - me playing Debbie McGee to DH’s Paul Daniels :rotfl: Various racks & tool hanging bits put up on the wall - took ages but have completely finished that section. DH put the 1st coat of paint on the prepared section of garage floor whilst I have made a pot of soup from odds & ends from the fridge :D 2nd load of washing done & now 1st load in td as it is raining & dark now :( Later tonight DH will be put the 2nd coat on & it will be dry by tomorrow.

740 - 742 Two small bits of carpet, damaged plastic paint kettle - Tip bag
    743 Glass jar & lid rinsed & recycled

Just off to make dinner - pork steaks, mashed potatoes & veg to be decided ;)

See you later

MrsSD
    743/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Dinner was delicious 😋- I cooked the pork in a mustard sauce & veg was whole green beans.

744 - 745 Plastic box, uu pen - Binned
    746 Emptied plastic bottle - Recycled

Well I wouldn’t have ‘met’ all you lovely people whmf00001 :D

Well Done short_bird :T - I will scroll back & make sure you haven’t robbed yourself in your count :rotfl:

Well Done Deni :T back on track. RL is a pain in the ‘arris ;) especially when you want to devote yourself to decluttering :rotfl:

See you all tomorrow :j

MrsSD
    746/2019

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    short_bird, you actually had 109 :p I was hoping for 130 :rotfl::rotfl:
    SO you have 113 :T
    By the way, I would have counted the extra laundry :rotfl:

MrsSD

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Carrying on from my decluttered emails, I now have 2 full black bags for CS and 1 full bag for tip :)and have decluttered my drawer that holds all my toiletries and make up.
    Amongst items binned, were 1 pair sunspecs minus a leg :eek: 2 khol pencils, compact mirror - broken, diffuser - no longer have the dryer to match :o, and 2 lots of false nails.

Am happy with that and can't wait to head on with my next, whatever it may be. :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Another 2 T shirts decluttered along with 2 bras and about 10 pop socks, what is left is all, rolled, neat and tidy :)

Now ready for bed, so 2 more tablets (medication) decluttered :) which brings much joy along with the £££'s and euro's forgotten about :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    235. book to friend
    236. scarf to friend
    237 old drainer - left outside for someone who needs it (or scrap metal person)

Haven't posted in a week - it's been a busy one - Had an emotional weekend, work has been full-on & DS off school sick. The house looks messy but I've got the opportunity to get things back in order today. It's nice to feel it won't take too much now I've made such good headway into the decluttering. Must admit I don't feel too energetic this morning but hopefully I'll be ok once I make a start.

238. Cushion - gift to DP
    239. DP's horrible scruffy old jacket - (what a relief!!) textile recycling
    240. Umbrella - left at a restaurant - I still have 3 left...
    251. Leaving gift delivered
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations on new job @MadamMin
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 pairs of jeans, a book & a freshly washed dressing gown off to the charity shop shortly. I no longer keep a bag handy and keep adding to it, the tidier and more organised the house gets, the more it annoys me hanging around. As soon as I find something I no longer need, it’s out the door!

4 bin bags full of charity donations that I had been storing have now moved on - a relief!

A book went out to my Mum.

Going new kitchen/fitted wardrobe/office desk shopping this weekend - so excited for so much extra space and not having tons to cram into it!

May sort holiday clothes out later today if I can be bothered, I have so many that have been picked up in a panic because I was desperate and they were cheap; this year the plan is to spend more money on them, buy less and buy things I actually like and feel nice in!

Decided re my last post, I’ll keep the ornament Mum bought me and put it in the loft, and the glass dolphins my Dad is going to have from me. Happy with that!

Writing it down makes everything feel so much more organised!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Beshki wrote: »
    May sort holiday clothes out later today if I can be bothered, I have so many that have been picked up in a panic because I was desperate and they were cheap; this year the plan is to spend more money on them, buy less and buy things I actually like and feel nice in!

Decided re my last post, I’ll keep the ornament Mum bought me and put it in the loft, and the glass dolphins my Dad is going to have from me. Happy with that!

Writing it down makes everything feel so much more organised!

In complete agreement with you on spending more, buying less :)
    So want to do that but not just holiday clothes.
    It worked out well with the ornaments :j
    Agree writing down helps, off to do holiday clothes, everyday wardrobe :o not much in it, not sure if that's good or bad :rotfl: and footwear, bags and may get round to bed linen and curtains. Phew, I'm off to make a start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport