Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• craighock
    Options
    Second time Topcashback have declined my claim despite going directly through the site and using the link from their page. I have queried it and they cannot even tell me who was the last click link, so they have declined my claim but cannot tell me why or who was the last link so i have no way of knowing what i have done wrong! If anything!

I have used them for many years without issue put over the past few months i have had a number of claims declined doing exactly what i have done previously.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Hi there,

I’m writing to you to say that we have recently received a resolution for your claim from the retailer’s network agency.

Unfortunately, it seems as though they have taken the decision to decline your claim as we have not been identified as the last channel to your sale.

When a transaction is made through our site, we need to be identified as the point of origin and the last click of this sale, this means that we can be seen as the “correct channel” and will be awarded commission for directing you to the retailer’s site, we would then pass over 100% of the commission as cashback.

When we have not been identified as the last click, we are not awarded any commission to be able to pass over to you as cashback.

This can be down to any number of contributing factors, such as pre-saved baskets, not clearing cookies & cache, browser history, voucher codes, amongst many other things.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@Craighock – It’s a frustrating declined reason and we get that too, it’s frustrating for us to have to bring this to you.

I’m afraid another source has got in the way of our cookie, it may have been picked up before using our site or during it if you have other web tabs opens It can be gained from voucher code sites, websites with ads on them and other sites like that.

We can’t force these other cookies to go away but what we can do it advise members to clear cookies right before using our site to help us be seen as the site that earns the commission.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • moneywow1
    moneywow1 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How does "compare insurance" cashback work?

For example search for "car insurance"

They all say £X cashback, but the TCB comparison one says "Up to £X" and never specifies how much you actually get
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@moneywow1 - If you search for a quote using TopCashback Compare, the quote itself will tell you how much cashback for each option as it will vary :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At times someone might think that Topcashback CS can't get any worse - yet it actually can!
    Latest proof of this is related to a OneFamily Junior ISA claim. The claim was denied despite it has been paid for over 7 months, with no interruption, with the customer (my child) having never had an account with this brand.
    The CS rep was dismissive from the beginning - when I requested that a complaint is raised (because I was dissatisfied by the way that the case was handled), he came with a verdict himself (so in other words the person against the complaint was directed, became the judge), which obviously was something in the tune "nothing wrong happened here". When I pointed out that this was unacceptable and that someone else should look into this, he came back saying that he could not understand why I wanted to escalate this!
    Topcashback - you should clearly get your act together!
    Options
    Hey Everyone

@jamichi1 I am sorry you feel like this. I can assure you that our teams do fully investigate claims and they go through specific processes to ensure that we get the best resolution from the affiliate network.

If you would like me to look into the way you have received any information please email into us (at mse@topcashback.co.uk) and I will be more than happy to take a closer look.

Best wishes

Phil
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find it no coincidence that higher cashback payments are often the ones that fail to be paid. Currently have 3 transactions totalling £15, 2 dating back from April 2018 and one from Dec 2018. No payment despite severaal tickets raied.
    Same old, same old "wait a little longer" is the only reeply ever received.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • WIII_2
    Options
    Hello,

Could anyone at MSE please tell me whether or not TopCashback is genuine?

With the current advertising campaign on the radio, it would appear that they are, but in my one transaction with them, they have put every obstacle in my way to avoid paying.

Here is more detail. to give you an idea of how difficult it has been to deal with TopCashback:

5.3.17 They emailed me: “You’ve received cash back in your TopCashback account!” It was for joining the RAC.

1.8.17 I received an email saying I had cash back payable £49.49

23.8.17 They emailed me: “Your payout request will now be processed and you will receive another email as soon as we have an update!”

And this is when the trouble started - when I tried to log in, I was unable to get into my account. I tried the password reset option, but didn’t get an email from them.

7.9.17 I emailed them to tell them this.

11.9.17 Email from their ‘Quality Team’: “We felt it necessary to contact you [THEY HADN’T] as it has been flagged to us that your account has a high level of activity that could be considered to be beyond that of a typical consumer.

Unfortunately it does appear that a merchant has been in touch in regards to one of your transactions and as such your account is under review.!

Could you please provide us purchase invoices and proof of payments for below transactions?

RAC UK Breakdown…”

This was rather suspicious - they said that the RAC had been in touch with them, yet the RAC had sent confirmation of payment.

I asked why no-one had contacted me, if there had been a problem with my account.

12.9.17 They then asked for proof of payment for the RAC purchase.

I replied, “I have sent you the confirmation from RAC, acknowledging that I have paid for membership. Please show this to them, and ask them to check their records.”

But apparently this wasn’t sufficient - they then asked for a copy of my bank statement, showing he transaction.

I WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY THAT SOMEONE WAS ATTEMPTING A PHISHING SCAM, IN ASKING FOR MY BANK ACCOUNT. I told them so, and said that the merchant in question, RAC, could provide all the proof they needed.

I asked TopCashback exactly who was querying whether it had been paid. Their reply: “This is in-line with our verification process.”

So I sent them a copy of my bank statement, showing the transaction. (It was now February 2018!}

15.2.18 from TC: “We require to verify your account at this time [sic],” and asking for official photo ID. I asked why they need this, as I didn’t give a photo when opening my account.

And I never heard from them again.

Thanks MSE, keep up the good work!
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Let's just put it this way: I'm not going to use TCB for anything new until my 1st transaction tracks. By huge contrast, every single one of my Quidco cashbacks over the last 10 years tracked and paid out without a murmur. The jury's out.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    Let's just put it this way: I'm not going to use TCB for anything new until my 1st transaction tracks. By huge contrast, every single one of my Quidco cashbacks over the last 10 years tracked and paid out without a murmur. The jury's out.

Why is the Jury Out? As far as I’m concerned the Coroner has pronounced TCB dead, let alone the Judge giving them the Death Penalty...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback