Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Topcashback Questions & Answers - Page 460

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Topcashback Questions & Answers

edited 27 October 2015 at 10:51AM in Shop but don't drop
4.8K replies 754.3K views

Replies

• rich_shot2003rich_shot2003 Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always thought that TCB are on the con as they know people can't really prove anything and we can not prove that that TCB never got the money to pass onto us.

I have never had any issues with getting cashback from Quidco ever but as I say TCB are a con and it's about time that there books are looked fully to find out what they are up to.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought via TCB some travel insurance and was transferred to Moneysupermarket. I accepted the quote of £116.00. Waited for a long time for the cash back and all I received was 25p. Surely this has to be a joke. Tried to take it up with TCB but just get standard replies which mean nothing.
  • TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

@dexsta – All emails have been replied to. If you haven’t had a reply please do resend this in.

@Nick_C – I am really pleased to hear you have heard a really large amount of cashback through us 😊

@MABLE – I believe this cashback tracks lower and uplifts but if it hasn’t please do email me at [email protected] so I can take a look.

@savemoney – Without seeing the declined reason it’s tricky for me to help with this. Please do email us at [email protected]

@ether – While I am sorry you had a bad experience, its disappointing that you have labelled this one experience as a reason that cashback must be a con.

We give out millions every single year and that’s to people like you and others who view this thread.

We will only be paid the money if we’re classed as the last referrer of the purchase as this money is a commission payment. In your case, we’re not eligible for that commission. Who got in the way and took that commission from us? We’re not told but they got in the way and there was a trace on your purchase which is why the commission has gone elsewhere.

@rich_shot2003 - Without sitting with you and watching every time you purchase I can’t give you personalised tips on why through us you have a worse cashback record.

What I do know is the truth about how the cashback system works. Both us and all other cashback sites, use a link. The unique link allows the cookie that’s placed on your device to be followed to the final purchase. Apart from a slightly different link used to identify different sites, the tracking network sees the link in the same way, gives it the same priority and validates it exactly the same.

If you ask the site you prefer whether they can guarantee better tracking, I would hope they would tell you the truth, that they can’t guarantee this. Because they can’t.

We provide our members with advice and tips to improve tracking as declined cashback can often be prevented.

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • snowqueen555snowqueen555 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I have not had a good experience with cashback. A lot of it isn't tracked, or the retailer rejects cashback. It may work for some, but not worth the effort for me unfortunately.
  • edited 27 September 2019 at 10:24AM
    anniecaveanniecave Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 September 2019 at 10:24AM
    Is there a way to confirm historic cashback available please? I am helping my mum with a cashback query - it was back in May for Currys Pc World and we are sure that there was an special offer for Dell Desktops (which is what she purchased) but when she raised a support ticket they are saying there was no special offer, just a standard 1%, which is what tracked, but we were expecting more than this?

(We understood we had to wait until it was showing as confirmed before we could query the fact it didn't seem to have uplifted correctly)
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • TopCashBack_Company_RepresentativeTopCashBack_Company_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone

@snowqueen555 – Happy to check out the declined reasons for you if you email me at [email protected] ��

@anniecave – Can you confirm the purchase date for me please so I can check this out for you.

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • anniecaveanniecave Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TopCashBack Company Representative - Thank you. The purchase date from Currys PC World was 27th May. It was a Dell i5 desktop.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • pdx123pdx123 Forumite
    284 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I opened an AA savings account thru Topcashback on 29th June, tracked OK but cashback was declined & I've raised a claim.

I opened another AA savings account on the 8th July ( different issue ) which again tracked OK, but has again been declined.

I have tried to raise a claim for the latter one, but am unable to because AA savings are no longer listed. Your customer service claim that because of this they are unable to take this further.

As far as I am concerned the fact that AA Savings is no longer on your site is not a valid reason to stop you taking this further.

Surely you must have a contractual agreement between them and yourselves for referrals and if they have not adhered to the terms you have the responsibility for yourselves and us to insist they pay up or give you a valid reason for not doing so.

Burying your head in the sand is not an option.
    Love is GRAND..........Divorce is 100 GRAND!
  • Hey everyone,
    @ether – While I am sorry you had a bad experience, its disappointing that you have labelled this one experience as a reason that cashback must be a con.

We give out millions every single year and that’s to people like you and others who view this thread.

We will only be paid the money if we’re classed as the last referrer of the purchase as this money is a commission payment. In your case, we’re not eligible for that commission. Who got in the way and took that commission from us? We’re not told but they got in the way and there was a trace on your purchase which is why the commission has gone elsewhere.
    Matt
    What a way to sort out issues, is this the official response from TCB? I thought they were still looking into it? More importantly how would you know who I am as I have not contacted you through this site?

Brings me neatly to another 'con' – apart from you giving my cash back to someone “unknown”; I’ve discovered I’m going to be charged £5 just for registering on your site – fortunately I noticed in time to put a stop to this, but I was toying with letting it run and seeing how TCB were planning to extract it from me given I have no cash-back; on balance though I’d rather be able to delete my account altogether and have all my data removed under GDPR, which I guess they wouldn’t do if they were going to pursue a contrived £5 “debt”.

Second chance – well I did purchase another item with purported cash-back that I was planning to anyway…. Guess what…..

So I’m afraid con is the only way to describe TCB for me, and your response here has hardly persuaded me otherwise.
  • ctdctdctdctd Forumite
    956 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any reason why my Amazon purchases don't track? And yes, I've checked they're in the qualifying categories.

All my other cashback purchases work fine, but I've just had to submit several claims for missing cashback from Amazon as nothing shows up - the last time it showed up was May (that'll teach me to check my earnings more often!)

Same question from me as well.

Three Amazon purchases up to early August tracked. Three since then have not tracked and I've had to raise a claim.
    I use Chrome solely for cashback, no blockers and clear everything on exit. eBay continues to track fine.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?