Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,945
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I had a lot of problems getting the last of my cash out of the pre-paid mastercard. I had two cards from TopCashback and neither would make paypal payments so I couldn't shop on eBay etc and was stuck with a few £ on there that I couldn't seem to shift as I was not buying anything cheap enough anywhere else online.

If you get stuck in my situation, you can use them to top up accounts like Lend With Care that donates money to entrepreneurs etc as microloans. You can type in the amount you top up so you can pay in say £4.76 or even just £0.76 to empty a card. Obviously that only works if you have a Lend With Care account but it is better than leaving cards with a small value on them to expire and benefit only the digital merchant. Lend With Care microloans don't make you interest but they help people help themselves and eventually if you want to you can even withdraw your loaned money (once repaid).

There might be other charity donation options worth exploring if you have a tiny value and just want to make use of it.

I hope this help someone. I was really put out that the TCB cards didn't work with PayPal and very irritated by trying to empty the last cash off them so I thought other people might feel the same.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • ShahidH
    ShahidH Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi.

I would like to make a withdrawal and it says "either confirm or revert your recent change to your payout details. When you made this change, an email was sent to your registered email address, and you will be able to confirm or revert this change from within the email."

Upon hitting the resend button it says that "The email failed to send to your email address.
    Please try again"

And when going on to another page it says "Your email account has been flagged up as invalid. Please ensure your email address is correct in your account details."

I've tried it validate it by emailing authenticate@topcashback.co.uk but no response and I've submitted 2 support tickets last Sunday but still no response.

I can access my account and continue to claim cashback but can't access the payout or adjust my profile page.

Can I get some help?

Shahid
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hey everyone,

@buglawton - When it comes to work discount clubs things can work slightly differently as they may have more money in post because they don’t pay out all the money you get in for the purchase so they can subsidise situations from occurring.

We’d rather give this money all back to our members.

It should take a max of seven days to appear in your recent transactions.

@ katsu - I am pleased you found a way to spend the little amount you had on the cards and I’ll certainly pass on the feedback to the team who work with the provider of this service.

@ ShahidH – If you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be able to check that out for you.

Best wishes,
    #Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,376
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is anyone else having trouble getting on to TopCashBack web site?
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,376
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just tried again and site says down for site maintenance!!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Yes...it's down

The apps fine
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hey everyone,

@buglawton ... It should take a max of seven days to appear in your recent transactions.

#Matt
    Thanks. Now over 7 days and transaction not displaying on my dashboard. I'll put in a claim, I have the complete series of screen prints.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the site issues on Friday, we worked to get this sorted as swiftly as possible for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • BraveHeart
    BraveHeart Posts: 15
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Team MSE / Matt,

It is now officially approaching '2 YEARS' (1st August 2017) since my claim was Submitted to Merchant ...cashback amount still NOT RESOLVED!!!
    I have personally emailed you, please reply your findings on this forum.

BraveHeart
    BraveHeart wrote: »
    Hello TCB,

On 13 July 2017, Hotels.com was showing '20% 24 Hour Deal' on 'Booking without Hotels.com Rewards'.

As a result I made a couple of booking with Hotels.com on 13 July 2017, but cashback pending is lower than the rate advertised.

Surely this is a TCB error and not Hotels'com?

I have already lodged Missing Cashback Claims. Do I have to go through with this?
    Hi Team MSE / Matt,

A year on since initial 'Claim Submitted to Merchant' and still not resolved, amount still not what it should be.
    Stuck in 'query log' since 15 December 2017???

Matt on 16/01/18, you posed the question in response to my message quoted above, '...clarify what you mean about whether we keep hold of offers made by the merchants?'
    I mean the amount or percentage of cashback that a Merchant is offering over time, which relates to a purchase a member of TCB has made.
    Surely if you have this, the companies have no way to back track!

I have sent you a personal email, which has a chain of discussion between us relating to this issue in great detail.

BraveHeart
    Hi Matt,

My issue still remains unresolved.

1 Aug 2017: Claim Submitted to Merchant
    8 Dec 2017: Informed 'Fair Play' policy can be employed. REFUSED
    15 Dec 2018: Added claim to 'query log which will be sent to the network.'

I have £10.92 (x2) Payable. BUT I HAVE NOT CASHED THIS.

My purchase price: £106.20 (x2)
    Without VAT = £88.50
    20% offer on 88.50 = £17.70 cashback (x2)

Total cashback due for two bookings:
    £35.40 (£17.70 x 2)

I have emailed you and you have the full history of my case.
    5 MONTHS is a long time to resolve a matter.

Matt, I posed one question on here in the past which you may have overlooked.
    'DOES TCB KEEP HOLD OF OFFERS MADE BY MERCHANTS?'
    If so, this should be game set match for merchant's to pay up!

Please update.
  • CapIsland
    CapIsland Posts: 6 Forumite
    I had 20% off electrical items at currys with topcashback, and bought an item for £120.

I've been waiting for eight months to get this cashback, and have complained twice.

They finally gave me 99p and told me that I could not complain about it as it's been over 60 days since the purchase.

So I guess Currys procedure for cashback is to make you wait for longer than 60 days, give you 99p, refuse to consider complaints and then run off with your money.

WARNING: Don't trust Currys for cashback. They are con artists.

And don't trust topcashback. They are useless.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback