Daligas Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    I switched to Daligas in November 2014.
    They were advertising the cheapest 12 month fixed rate at the time of 0.315p per kWh and 0.1825p per day with no exit fee (Fix 13)

Everything seemed to go ok.... until I discovered that they had brought in a new tariff, significantly lower than the one I was on.

What really galled me was that they didn't advise me of this potential saving and when I queried as to why they didn't, they asked for a reading and moved me onto the lower tariff of 0.0289p per kWh & 0.08p standing charge (Fix12).

When I checked their website, they didn't show my actual tariff, only the current tariff that they were offering.

I complained to them that they had a "duty of care" to me as a customer..... never heard back from them.

The monthly "Gas supply instalment bill" email kept arriving, which is a complete waste of time, as it does not include the tariff details (P per kWh & daily standing charge), only the name of the tariff that you are on.

On their website, they only display the current tariff they offer. There is no information of the tariff details for "previous" tariffs.

When a new tariff is launched then that's all they show on the website.

You don't get anything from them to tell you what the tariff details of your new tariff when they "move" you at the end of your 12 month contract.

The information on the "Gas supply instalment bill" is incorrect as it states that you are subject to an exit fee, even it you are on an a contract with no exit fee!
    When I questioned this with them, I was told "it was a mistake" - It didn't get changed.

If you don't know the detail of your tariff the only way you can find it out is to use the Which Switch service and enter details of your current tariff name.

You are only advised of your "old" tariff details when you get your annual bill at the end of the 12 months!

They don't say "Dear Customer, having completed your 12 month contract we have now moved you on to a new contract with the following rates for kWh and daily standing charge".

You must find out yourself
    what the new contract tariff details are as they "roll you over" to it without asking or advising you.

Here is an example of the tariff details for my area (Northern) so you can see how much they change year on year. There are other tariffs that they have launched that aren't listed here:

(and you won't find them on the Daligas website).
    Name........p/kWh......Daily Std Chg(p) (All include VAT'5%)

Fix 13........0.0315......0.1825
    Fix 12........0.0289......0.08
    Fix 15........0.0257......0.095
    Fix 16........0.0214......0.174
    Fix 17........0.0214......0.174
    Fix 18........0.0300......0.23

So you can see that the difference between Fix 17 & Fix 18 is a massive 0.86p/kWh & 0.054p per day!

Don't worry, they will eventually tell you that at the end of your 12 months on Fix 18 when you get an annual bill (........by which time, of course, it is much too late!)

and if the prices drop.....

....... don't be expecting them to contact you and advise you that you could save money!

The term "transparent" has no meaning to them.

My advice is check the deals available from other Gas suppliers on a monthly basis - the good thing about the Which comparison service is that you don't give them an email, so they don't pester you in the same way that the other comparison sites do.

BTW I have raised all of the above as complaints with Daligas and they just ignored them...
    So much for the complaints policy !https://www.daligas.co.uk/complaints

which states
    "In order to avoid any unnecessary delays or escalation, we will endeavour to deal with any issues raised with us within a working day."

Yeah, Right!

TIPS:
    1. Keep a record of all readings you provide
    2. Keep a record of the details of your tariff (p/p kWh & Daily Charge)
    3. Submit a reading at least once a month (Ideally on the day of the month that your contract will finish).
    4 Check monthly the details of the tariff they are currently offering - If it is lower than the current one you are on, tell them you want to switch to it and send them a reading
    5. 1 month before the end of your current contract, check out the current "offer" on their website and use a comparison site to see what's on offer in the market place.
    6. Check and double check the annual bill, when it eventually arrives.
    7. Keep your own records of everything, because there isn't an "on-line account" that you can refer to!

So where did I go? -
    I found a deal at 0.2482 pkWh & 0.189 daily charge - a saving of 0.0508 pkWh & 0.031 per day a saving of £189.76 per year(inc VAT) compared with the Fix 18 tariff

Keep Switching!

:cool:
  • djk99
    djk99 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, Z0rba-cheeks - Where DID you go??
    I’ve been with Daligas for 3 years, but am now looking elsewhere. First 2 years were fine, I could just about accept their ‘end of year’ billing, but things have deteriorated .....
    1. Last year they attempted to increase my DD by 50% during the winter months – even though my account was £180 in credit and they had regular meter readings.
    2. I had to remind them a number of times to calculate an End of Year usage bill
    3. When they eventually produced the End of Year bill I was £152 in Credit which, 5 months later has not been repaid.
    4. I signed up this year (July) for their daligas One Fix Economy 18 tariff. However, in my October monthly bill the tariff has changed to daligas One Std Economy 18. No Info regarding this tariff on their website. In reply to an Email, they said the costs of both tariffs were the same – they couldn’t understand why the bill had changed- but they would flag it with their billing dept. 2 months later , it still shows the wrong tariff.
  • pharao
    pharao Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    They are complete frauds! Be aware when you sign up if you still want to!

At the end of your contract they do NOT inform you it is running out, that it will be renewed automatically and with the charges of nearly 100% more than you had agreed.

Their monthly invoices do NOT include rate you pay and in fact tell you that you are on a contract, whereas you have not signed a new one, especially with such prices.

They send you a VERY general e-mail shortly before renewal and nowhere in that e-mail is the information that your contract is running out and that it will be renewed and on what terms (there are only general links to their "rates").

I have complained but when eventually heard back got a very brief reply telling me I could have contacted them because it is "easy to do so" - what a drivel!

I have used in the past plenty of various energy suppliers for both personal and business use and have NEVER experienced such a complete con!

I am more than sure that they have purposefully constructed their "renewal" terms, so that unless you first contact them they will bounce you up on higher charges on a new contract automatically. That is why none of their monthly invoices include information on what actual charge you pay - there is only the predicted amount, which does not tell you much. Their budget plan also does not include rates but only estimated monthly figures.

The e-mail Daligas is now referring me to only "kindly" asks for a meter reading and says in a subject "[Reminder] Period Meter Read", while inside of the e-mail the only information relating to contract is "For information on our current and renewal tariffs, please visit our website at" - so how on earth the average consumer knows that his contract is in fact running out (since plenty of energy businesses offer two or more year contracts!).

They are an absolute con and I will be referring them to Ombudsman as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure